[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Since the Unraid update to 6.10.x, I get an error message on my Luckybackup jobs for all new folders added.

rsync: failed to set times on "Destination_Folder_Direction": Operation not permitted (1)

Files / folders are copied anyway and the time stamps should also fit, as far as I have seen.
I would like to have the errors in the email summary removed, so that I do not become negligent here. ;-)

Does anyone know the problem and is there already a solution?

1 hour ago, Patrick_W said:

rsync: failed to set times on "Destination_Folder_Direction": Operation not permitted (1)

Do you copy the files over to a NTFS filesystem or to a Linux filesystem?

Do you run the container as root or non root user?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you copy the files over to a NTFS filesystem or to a Linux filesystem?

Do you run the container as root or non root user?

Linux Filesystem and Non Root User.

The backup has always worked without problems and I have not changed anything.
Since the Unraid update, these error messages occur - but of course this can also be a coincidence.

33 minutes ago, Patrick_W said:

Linux Filesystem and Non Root User.

Maybe it‘s because you aee running the container without root but if everything is working as expected I would leave as it is for now.

What you can also try is that you set up a second container (with different paths and a different container name), setup the same sync and see if it‘s the same there with a different destination for testing purposes.

from some day thunderbird dont work i try to delete image and redownload the docker image but there are the same error

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Thunderbird not installed, installing---
---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---
usermod: no changes
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Something went wrong, can't download Thunderbird, putting container in sleep mode---

unraid  6.10.3 

Hey, love the containers! I'm trying to set up InspIRCd + Anope but I'm encountering some issues.

Firstly, I'm having trouble viewing Anope logs, the window shows the logs for a split second, then the window closes.

I have two externalized domain names for this irc.fakedomain.com (points to 6697) and irc-services.fakedomain.com (points to 7000), and the local IP address of 10.0.1.10. Ports 6667, 6697, 7000, and 7001 are port forwarded to 10.0.1.10. I have disabled SSL in Anope to try eliminate issues for now, but would like to enable it if need be. Anope's password and InspIRCd's INSP_SERVICES_PASSWORD are the same.

I'm able to get InspIRCd up and running and can connect to it with HexChat using irc.fakedomain.com/6697, but Anope is not behaving well. In the Hostname from Anope parameter, I currently have irc-services.fakedomain.com, but I have tried putting in just the default 'services' value, and neither works.

Attached are my configurations for both containers. I'd much appreciate some help with this.

V2O2nlS.png

itzrydc.png

1 hour ago, Phillycj said:

Firstly, I'm having trouble viewing Anope logs, the window shows the logs for a split second, then the window closes.

Stop the container and then open the logs, it is most likely the case that it loops because of some error.

irc-services.fakedomain.com

You don't need the second fake domain, I would strongly recommend to let Anope connect directly to InspIRCD on your LAN and not route it through the internet, at least that's what I'm doing...

I have disabled SSL in Anope to try eliminate issues for now, but would like to enable it if need be.

If you doing it without the second fake domain and instead in your local LAN there is no need to let it run over SSL but you can enable SSL of course if you are doing it that way or you even can create a dedicated Docker network for the two containers so that Anope can talk directly to InspIRCd and vice versa.

but I have tried putting in just the default 'services' value, and neither works.

Try to point set the "Services - Connection Address" in the InspIRCd settings to your internal IP address and in Anope you can set the "IP Address from IRCd" also to the same IP address or if you are using a dedicated Docker network to the hostnames (container names).

Try to point set the "Services - Connection Address" in the InspIRCd settings to your internal IP address and in Anope you can set the "IP Address from IRCd" also to the same IP address or if you are using a dedicated Docker network to the hostnames (container names).

Is that what I currently have in the screenshots? 10.0.1.10 is the IP of the unRAID server, and I have updated Anope's "Hostname from Anope" to simply "irc-services"

EDIT: Anope logs

---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Anope v2.0.11 up-to-date---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking if configuration is in place---
---Configuration found!---
---Starting Anope---
Anope 2.0.11, build #2, compiled 12:05:52 Apr 22 2022
Using configuration file conf/services.conf
Attempting to connect to uplink #1 10.0.1.10 (10.0.1.10/7000) with protocol InspIRCd 3
Successfully connected to uplink #1 10.0.1.10:7000
ERROR: Mismatched server name or password (check the other server's snomask output for details - e.g. user mode +s +Ll)

And /mode oper +s +Ll output is :

* *** LINK: Server connection from services.example.com denied, invalid link credentials
* *** LINK: Connection to 'inbound from 172.17.0.1' failed with error: Mismatched server name or password (check the other server's snomask output for details - e.g. user mode +s +Ll)
* *** LINK: Connection to 'inbound from 172.17.0.1' failed.

That example.com is as-is, I didn't change it for privacy.

Edited by Phillycj

I went to restart my thunderbird container today as VNC wouldn't connect (it connected yeserday) and now i'm greeted with the following. Its looping to infinity at this time, these exact same lines over and over again.

---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---Sucessfully downloaded Thunderbird---
---Sucessfully downloaded Thunderbird---
---Preparing Server---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting Thunderbird---
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /thunderbird/libxul.so:
libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.

UPDATE: According to release notes, the now latest version 102 is not yet upgrade-able from 91 and prior. I set THUNDERBIRD_V to 91.11.0 and we're working once again.

Edited by iarp
6 hours ago, iarp said:

UPDATE: According to release notes, the now latest version 102 is not yet upgrade-able from 91 and prior. I set THUNDERBIRD_V to 91.11.0 and we're working once again.

Thank you fro the report!

Fixed this issue now, please do a image.png.115aeae4241cb07d0e9007c7c6a867e2.png from the container and set the version variable "THUNDERBIRD_V" back to "latest" (without double qutoes).

9 hours ago, Phillycj said:

Is that what I currently have in the screenshots?

Sorry haven't got much time yesterday and didn't look through it entirely.

Please change INSP_NET_NAME to "yourdomain.org" without any subdomain (seems a little long from the screenshot)

What also catch my eye was the casemap in the Anope settings, please make sure that you've set the right value. In my case I had to change it to: "rfc1459" (without double qutoes) but that depends on the settings from InspIRCd.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry haven't got much time yesterday and didn't look through it entirely.

Please change INSP_NET_NAME to "yourdomain.org" without any subdomain (seems a little long from the screenshot)

What also catch my eye was the casemap in the Anope settings, please make sure that you've set the right value. In my case I had to change it to: "rfc1459" (without double qutoes) but that depends on the settings from InspIRCd.

I had changed the casemap from rfc1495 to ascii because I was getting this error in the logs:

Anope 2.0.11, build #2, compiled 12:05:52 Apr 22 2022
Using configuration file conf/services.conf
Attempting to connect to uplink #1 10.0.1.10 (10.0.1.10/7000) with protocol InspIRCd 3
Successfully connected to uplink #1 10.0.1.10:7000
ERROR: CAPAB negotiation failed: The casemapping of the remote server differs to that of the local server. Local casemapping: ascii Remote casemapping: rfc1459
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Anope 2.0.11 starting up
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Loading modules...
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Using IRCd protocol inspircd3
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Loading databases...
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] DB_FLATFILE: Unable to open data/anope.db for reading!
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Databases loaded
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Attempting to connect to uplink #1 10.0.1.10 (10.0.1.10/7000) with protocol InspIRCd 3
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Successfully connected to uplink #1 10.0.1.10:7000
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] ERROR: CAPAB negotiation failed: The casemapping of the remote server differs to that of the local server. Local casemapping: ascii Remote casemapping: rfc1459
[Jun 29 16:46:38 2022] Received ERROR from uplink: CAPAB negotiation failed: The casemapping of the remote server differs to that of the local server. Local casemapping: ascii Remote casemapping: rfc1459

I had never set the InspIRCd casemapping to be ascii, I don't know where it picked that up from. EDIT: I checked conf/inspircd.conf, casemapping is hardcoded to ascii there by default. Swapped both InspIRCd and Anope to rfc1459, same "invalid link credentials" error.

The previous value for INSP_NET_NAME was "Firstname Lastname's Server" so I changed it to fakedomain.com and I'm still encountering the "invalid link credentials" error. Deleted both appdatas and only modified the docker.motd, and the errors persist.

Edited by Phillycj
More info

N00b question about PhotoPrism. I set up the docker in UnRaid and it works, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the originals/storage folders are. I know the one I specified in the docker setup but that's the only folder I can see. Is there a way in the GUI to change where the folders are located?

14 hours ago, Phillycj said:

same "invalid link credentials" error.

Have you yet tried to choose a different password maybe for testing purposes a really easy one like "123456789"?

I can only think of a really small thing that is not configured properly and prevents the connection. My InspIRCd server in combination with Anope runns for 2+ years now.

2 hours ago, eubbenhadd said:

N00b question about PhotoPrism. I set up the docker in UnRaid and it works, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the originals/storage folders are. I know the one I specified in the docker setup but that's the only folder I can see. Is there a way in the GUI to change where the folders are located?

Can you explain this a little bit more since I'm not understanding the question I think...

You map a path from your host to the container and when you put files in the folder on the host they will be also shown in the container.

Inside the container the path should be "/photoprism/originals", "/photoprism/import" and "/photoprism/storage" the last one isn't changeable, but that also shouldn't matter because only the path that you've specified on the host (Docker template) should matter.

Post a screenshot from your Docker template please.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to choose a different password maybe for testing purposes a really easy one like "123456789"?

I can only think of a really small thing that is not configured properly and prevents the connection. My InspIRCd server in combination with Anope runns for 2+ years now.

Unfortuantely, changing the passphrase to 123456789 didn't work. The passphrase I use only has alphanumeric characters and hyphens, so no particularly troublesome characters that would cause issues. (I'm deleting both appdatas after every new fix attempt btw)

EDIT:
Fixed it! in Anope's conf/services.conf, I changed services.example.com to services.fakedomain.com, and then it started working.

On a related note, could you please update InspIRCd/Anope to use the same casemapping by default? It isn't the biggest issue and easy to spot when looking at the logs, but it is annoying having to force InspIRCd to use rfc1459. Thanks!

Edited by Phillycj
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you explain this a little bit more since I'm not understanding the question I think...

You map a path from your host to the container and when you put files in the folder on the host they will be also shown in the container.

Inside the container the path should be "/photoprism/originals", "/photoprism/import" and "/photoprism/storage" the last one isn't changeable, but that also shouldn't matter because only the path that you've specified on the host (Docker template) should matter.

Post a screenshot from your Docker template please.

Yeah, i didn't know how to explain it well :D. I also left the /photoprism/storage path alone in the "more settings" section. Basically I can't see any of the container paths that are referenced, in particular the originals folder.

I'm also interested in setting up to use with Nextcloud which i have to set up again too, not sure if that would change where I have the first Storage Path pointed to.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 2.19.29 PM.png

Edited by eubbenhadd
6 minutes ago, eubbenhadd said:

Basically I can't see any of the container paths that are referenced, in particular the originals folder.

Where? In the container?

I would also recommend that you set an import folder.

Have you already seen this:

There are also many ways you can connect Photoprism to the Nextcloud, I would recommend that you read also the Documentation from Photoprism here (hint: also take a look at the Sync Settings in the documentation).

Where? In the container?

I would also recommend that you set an import folder.

Have you already seen this:

There are also many ways you can connect Photoprism to the Nextcloud, I would recommend that you read also the Documentation from Photoprism here (hint: also take a look at the Sync Settings in the documentation).

oh sweet, I didn't realize Ibracorp did a video on Photoprism. Haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I'll be all set. Their videos are amazing