[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

5 hours ago, ceyo14 said:

I always wanted to get this running but haven't had much time to get it to work. I mean actually using it... it ran if I stayed away from 2.0

No, I don't will maintain it any further because such a "toxic" Docker shouldn't exist in the CA App that can crash the whole server and prevent the whole server from running correctly even after a restart.

• Thanks 1
On 7/24/2022 at 8:08 PM, ich777 said:

Can you post a screenshot what is blank or at least what it looks like?

ok i have gone over it again and can get chrome working with vnc connect attached is a png of my setup so far with the openvpn client set to bridged not my custom networkis this correct if so how do i get all my docker containers to run through vpn setup.thumb.png.92f819d52ec35193214dcaa6e6968ce9.png

6 minutes ago, thompw said:

ok i have gone over it again and can get chrome working with vnc connect attached is a png of my setup so far with the openvpn client set to bridged not my custom networkis this correct if so how do i get all my docker containers to run through vpn 

Have you read the description from the container? I think you should start there...

In my templates almost everything is described how it should work and what you have to do to route the traffic from another container through the OpenVPN-Client container.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:56 PM, ich777 said:

Pushed an update to the container.

Please update the container and check if that solves the issue.

the newer one is better,but still have some problems,like this:

image.thumb.png.a3b4c368d98d61802629ab628759084b.png

and I Cannot enter Chinese characters

I suggest adding a few variables:

LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8

image.png.a6cb3b7c4fff7364ec2723d066c627cf.png

ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 (When set to 1, open-source computer font WenQuanYi Zen Hei is installed. This font contains a large range of Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters.)

thank you very much!!!

48 minutes ago, xgxxl89 said:

LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8

Simply add that as a environment variable in your Docker template and it should work.

ENABLE_CJK_FONT=1 (When set to 1, open-source computer font WenQuanYi Zen Hei is installed. This font contains a large range of Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters.)

This is also doable with a variable in your Docker template, but I have to look into that how to install it.

Users have reported that with this added fonts everything is working:

ttf-wqy-zenhei fonts-wqy-microhei fonts-takao fonts-arphic-uming fonts-noto-cjk

The terminal is a whole different story usually, can you enter chinese fonts a Unraid terminal?

image.thumb.png.a3b4c368d98d61802629ab628759084b.png

This is maybe a issue from luckyBackup and QT itself that I'm maybe not able to fix if it's built without support for that fonts.

I've searched for this issue, and haven't seen anything stand out as an "Answer" for it.

Application: DirSyncPro

Problem: Cannot connect via VNC. Error: (this site cannot be reached)

Troubleshooting Steps

• verified port was not being used by other containers
    • changed port on VNC webUI
  • can not connect via VNC application directly
  • wiped container/template and started with default settings
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Without the log I can't tell much...

You know, that would probably help.. since I did forget to add them. 😅
(Please note; total n00b when it comes to Unraid/Docker)

root@unraid:~# docker logs 5d2577ddcc9e
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Checking for 'runtime' folder---
---'runtime' folder found---
---Checking if Runtime is installed---
---Runtime found---
---Checking for DirSyncPro---
---DirSyncPro found---
Error connecting to ftp: server response timeout
---Couldn't mount [redacted IP]---
root@unraid:~# 

Edited by HatrixMouse
8 hours ago, HatrixMouse said:

Please note; total n00b when it comes to Unraid/Docker

You just can click on the Container icon and then on Log. ;)

Seems like it can‘t connect to the specified FTP server…

Have you yet tried to let everything at default in the template and then try it again?

What you can also do is that you mount the FTP server through Unassigned Devices and then mount this directory in the Docer template from DirSyncPro, don‘t forget to mount it with R/W Slave when adding it in the template.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

You just can click on the Container icon and then on Log. ;)

Seems like it can‘t connect to the specified FTP server…

Have you yet tried to let everything at default in the template and then try it again?

What you can also do is that you mount the FTP server through Unassigned Devices and then mount this directory in the Docer template from DirSyncPro, don‘t forget to mount it with R/W Slave when adding it in the template.

Does the FTP server need to be connected in order for VNC to be initialized? If that's the case, then I've got some work to do.

I have tried defaulting the template, and still no luck with VNC/WebGUI coming up.

I'm currently looking into options on Unassigned Devices now.. using SFTP on a remote server, but I'm not seeing anything specific about it working with remote/external SFTP.

18 minutes ago, HatrixMouse said:

Does the FTP server need to be connected in order for VNC to be initialized? If that's the case, then I've got some work to do.

Yes.

18 minutes ago, HatrixMouse said:

I have tried defaulting the template, and still no luck with VNC/WebGUI coming up.

Where is the log?

43 minutes ago, HatrixMouse said:

Same logs on both modified/default templates (unable to connect to server); I'll need to get connected first before I go any further since it seems that's half my battle. Thanks for the information so far.

This is not possible that you get the same log output since it doesn't try to connect to a FTP server by default.

Attached the log output from a untouched template:

1. log-firststart.txt
  2. log-secondstart.txt

A hopefully-quick OpenVPN-Client question:

The overview for for the app begins:

The basic steps for a OpenVPN connection that requires a Username and Password are:

1) Rename your *.ovpn to 'vpn.ovpn' and place it in your OpenVPN-Client directory...

Am I correct that this is wrong, and the *.ovpn file should actually be renamed to 'vpn.conf'?

I have been using the firefox container for some time and it has worked great. Today firefox crashed so I restarted the container and now firefox will not maximize for some reason and I can't figure out why.

I even resorted to completely wiping the whole container and reinstalling it (including appdata) yet the same issue persists. Nothing has changed on the server or my PC in this time.

firefox_llgMigrByO.jpg

37 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I even resorted to completely wiping the whole container and reinstalling it (including appdata) yet the same issue persists. Nothing has changed on the server or my PC in this time.

Click on the little arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon and please look to what scaling is set to, it should be set to remote scaling.

Have you yet tried to restart the container? Have you also yet tried to resize your browser window?

EDIT: On a fresh installed container it is working as expected on my machine (even if I resize my browser window and set it to remote scaling):

grafik.thumb.png.ae21cb34b894d4ae2959af573fc85b6e.png

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Click on the little arrow on the left side, click on the gear icon and please look to what scaling is set to, it should be set to remote scaling.

Have you yet tried to restart the container?

Yep, I tried that but nothing changes regardless of the scaling setting. The black part seems to be part of the active "desktop" but firefox is simply not maximized to fill it for some reason.

Yes, restarted and reinstalled it a few times now.

The mouse turns to an X anytime I try to adjust any settings that might allow me to maximize it.

2 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

The mouse turns to an X anytime I try to adjust any settings that might allow me to maximize it.

Yes, because that's disabled and the container, or better speaking the window manager, should handle the maximizing from the window.

3 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Yes, restarted and reinstalled it a few times now.

Have you also deleted the folder for firefox that lives in your appdata directory?