[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Just now, ich777 said:

Yes, because that's disabled and the container, or better speaking the window manager, should handle the maximizing from the window.

Have you also deleted the folder for firefox that lives in your appdata directory?

Yes, I deleted the entire appdata folder (well technically renamed) and then reinstalled.

1 minute ago, TexasUnraid said:

Yes, I deleted the entire appdata folder (well technically renamed) and then reinstalled.

What happens when you set scaling to none, restart the container and then connect again to noVNC?

Have you specified a custom resolution?

I can't reproduce this on my machine, remote scaling works fine over here on Firefox on the host browser and Windows 11.

Just now, ich777 said:

What happens when you set scaling to none, restart the container and then connect again to noVNC?

Have you specified a custom resolution?

I can't reproduce this on my machine, remote scaling works fine over here on Firefox on the host browser and Windows 11.

Scaling = none didn't change anything.

Yes, I do have a custom resolution set, I will try clearing that.

I am also using the latest firefox, although on windows 10. Screw 11.

7 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Scaling = none didn't change anything.

Then something with the host browser must be wrong, try to clear the cookies...

Scaling none should stretch the window and should give you a washed out look from text and so on.

If you set scaling to server it should always scale to the window size.

8 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Screw 11.

I actually like it more than 10 already... :D

Also some features does need 11 now. :/

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then something with the host browser must be wrong, try to clear the cookies...

Scaling none should stretch the window and should give you a washed out look from text and so on.

If you set scaling to server it should always scale to the window size.

I actually like it more than 10 already... :D

Also some features does need 11 now. :/

I cleared the cookies and reinstalled again and at first it worked! then I made the mistake of clicking the "restore session" on the firefox options and it suddenly went back to not being full screen.

My issue with 11 is privacy related, I used the LTSC version of windows 10 that is about the same as windows 7 when it comes to privacy. Thus far there is no similar option for windows 11, it just sends everything you do back to microsoft, updates whenever it wants etc.

LTSC I tell it when to update and virtually nothing gets sent back.

7 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Just cleared the appdata and cookies again and reinstalled again, and still broken. No idea what is going on.

This is really odd, give me a sec and I will try to crash it on my server somehow and try if O can reproduce it.

Have you yet trued it with EDGE or another browser if it‘s the same?

5 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I am so confused lol, I left it open awhile and it randomly just maximized firefox when I was not even on the active window.

Sorry I can't reproduce this on my machine:

grafik.thumb.png.c71534cf5008ea8d6768e3d878329e25.png

Even if it crashes it is working just fine, even if I let that page open and resize the window (don't know why this screenshot is cut off... :P

I can click on what I want and it resizes it properly.

5 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I guess it maximizes the window on a timer?

Nope, this is handled by TurboVNC, you will get only issues when you resize it too quickly a few times in a really short period of time, so to speak minimizing and maximizing the windows once in a second... But this is really hard to pull off...

So is it now working again?

On 7/29/2022 at 4:10 AM, ich777 said:

No, I don't will maintain it any further because such a "toxic" Docker shouldn't exist in the CA App that can crash the whole server and prevent the whole server from running correctly even after a restart.

I understand, can I ask that you undeprecate the agent? I was able to use another docker and it seems to be working so far. but obviuosly I get the mmessage about it being deprecated and I am guessing if I remove it I won't be able to re install the agent...

10 hours ago, ceyo14 said:

and I am guessing if I remove it I won't be able to re install the agent...

You can of course always install the agent even if it's not available anymore on the CA App.

Simply go to your Plugins tab and select Install Plugin, at Enter URL paste this:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-check-mk-agent/master/check_mk_agent.plg

and click Install.

Hi @ich777 can you me on firefox? Everytime I go to downloads or bookmarks manager or similar I can't get out of the window. There's no close button or "x". I always restart the container to get out which is not practical. See image below. I tried resizing and different resolution but no avail.

image.thumb.png.612c467ac2007d4a51b69985e2a0bf9b.png

6 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

There's no close button or "x"

Press the ESC button.

6 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

I tried resizing and different resolution but no avail.

Click on the little arrow on the left -> click on the gear icon and at Scaling select Remote resize.

20 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

I tried all of that but there's no sign of close or x button.

Oh sorry, I've mistaken there, don't press ESC (that works in Thunderbird) instead click on Organize and Close, don't press CTRL+W).

21 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

Can you show me your window in Downloads folder? Maybe it's just my laptop's resolution?

It's looking the same over here.

Just a question, would be possible to add curl to LuckyBackup docker? For now I console'd in and apt installed it into the container but it's not ideal since it will vanish with the next update.

I'm asking this because I'm using curl in the Also Execute section in the tasks to power on a machine, wait  and then start the backup.