[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

It is maybe possible that it is related but I'm not too sure about that if it stops working out of nowhere when it was working before, have you yet tried to point to the path directly in the template and change it in DirSyncPro too?

Good idea!  So... the results I got are confusing:

When I set the DirSyncPro "Source Directory" to "/mnt/user/Nextcloud/nextcloud/data/" (three levels lower than what I want) I was not able to see any folders when viewing the "/sourcefiles" folder within the DirSyncPro app.

However, when I set the DirSyncPro "Source Directory" to "/mnt/user/Nextcloud/nextcloud/data/usename1/files/" I was able to see the folders beneath it within the DirSyncPro app!  So I was able to see down to "/Nextcloud/nextcloud/data/username1/files/InstantUpload/Camera".

While poking around in another docker that I have installed (CrashPlan) I notice that app also cannot see down past the "/mnt/user/Nextcloud/" level.  Perhaps this speaks to a larger issue with my Nextcloud share, but I'm not sure where to turn to next if it is, besides maybe a permissions issue.

------------------

update:

this is the output of the "ls -l" command at the "mnt/user/Nextcloud" level:

root@Tower:/mnt/user/Nextcloud# ls -l
total 3
drwx------ 1 root root  808 Aug 16 18:06 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 1  101  102  440 Sep  5 09:55 database/
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  288 Mar 11  2022 etc/
drwx------ 1 root sshd 1496 Mar  7  2022 ncp/
drwx------ 1 sshd sshd  776 Mar  7  2022 nextcloud/

I'm not super familiar with Linux commands, this looks like only the file owner has any permission to the /nextcloud folder.  Not sure if that is a problem or not.  As far as I know the DirSyncPro docker is also running as the root user.

Edited by zero_koop
8 hours ago, zero_koop said:
drwx------ 1 sshd sshd  776 Mar  7  2022 nextcloud/

What container are you using for Nextcloud?

It seems a bit off that the user is sshd and the group is also sshd.

From my perspective this looks like an issue with the Nextcloud container itself that needs to be fixed first.

4 hours ago, zero_koop said:

Perhaps.  I am using NextcloudPi.

Maybe try to post in the appropriate support thread, I think something is off woth the permissions.

I run Nextcloud directly in SWAG (of course that‘s also not a typical usecase) but all my files are assigned to the user 99:100 (nobody:users)

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2022 at 11:33 PM, ich777 said:

Maybe try to post in the appropriate support thread, I think something is off woth the permissions.

I didn't get a response in that thread, but I was able to solve the problem myself.  I've not used it before so I had to do some research, but I was able to fix the permission problem by running the Tools > New Permissions tool on my Nextcloud share.  I don't know what caused the issue in the first place, but it is solved for now.

Thanks for your help, but does NOT appear to be a DirSyncPro issue!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Keeper666 said:

Please help

Because this is not the Log and this is therefore not the Token.

Please remove the container again and also the folder that got created for teamspeak that lives in your appdata directory, pull a fresh copy from the CA App and then, after the container started click on the icon and select Logs:

grafik.png.fe6620abd970cc971b2a2a6e08acef1a.png

29 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Because this is not the Log and this is therefore not the Token.

Please remove the container again and also the folder that got created for teamspeak that lives in your appdata directory, pull a fresh copy from the CA App and then, after the container started click on the icon and select Logs:

grafik.png.fe6620abd970cc971b2a2a6e08acef1a.png

Ok now i understand thank you it works perfect !!! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi

Is there a way to run multiple versions of PhotoPrism on UnRaid. I have attempted to manually create a docker, reuse the template and adjust storage paths and ports but on start, the web UI is not accessible and clicking on console or logs brings up a terminal window that closes immediately. Is there some other path / variable that I am missing?  

6 hours ago, JNZ said:

Is there a way to run multiple versions of PhotoPrism on UnRaid. I have attempted to manually create a docker, reuse the template and adjust storage paths and ports but on start, the web UI is not accessible and clicking on console or logs brings up a terminal window that closes immediately. Is there some other path / variable that I am missing?  

Yes of course.

Please post a screenshot from you PhotoPrism Docker template otherwise I really can't tell what's going wrong.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes of course.

Please post a screenshot from you PhotoPrism Docker template otherwise I really can't tell what's going wrong.

Thanks, I have attached the template for the second instance below.  Hope these help. 

The main change was a new port number and different mount paths for this instance.

PPtemplate1.thumb.png.c0304bbc80f451816fb672e44c0bfbd5.png

PPtemplate2.png

PPTemplate3.png

PPTemplate4.png

Edited by JNZ
added commentary to changes made
53 minutes ago, JNZ said:

The main change was a new port number and different mount paths for this instance.

I see nothing suspicious there, please stop the container and run this command from a Unraid termianl and post the output:

docker container logs PhotoPrism-personal

After you've run this command also please post the output from your docker run command.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I see nothing suspicious there, please stop the container and run this command from a Unraid termianl and post the output:

docker container logs PhotoPrism-personal

After you've run this command also please post the output from your docker run command.

Output from logs and run command attached.  
There is a permission error shown for the appdata dir but Im not sure why this would be as it exists and has same share permissions as the existing running instance? 

docker-run.txtdocker-startlog.txt

11 minutes ago, JNZ said:

Output from logs and run command attached.  

Please remove this container entirely (also the created folder in your appdata directory "/mnt/user/appdata/photoprismpersonal") and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

From what I see you are having a permission issue on that folder.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please remove this container entirely (also the created folder in your appdata directory "/mnt/user/appdata/photoprismpersonal") and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

From what I see you are having a permission issue on that folder.

I've removed the docker (it did say it could not remove the image as it is in use by another container ? - maybe the original running PP instance? ) but the second instance was removed and I manually removed the folder under appdata so its all clean. 

You say to add it via CA. When I added the second instance, I went through the motion of clicking "ADD CONTAINER" on the docker page, selecting the existing photoprism template but then adjusting the variables to make it unique (port numbers and storage paths) as the CA UI wont allow me to go through that path as it shows it is already installed.  I assume this way is fine and the only way to do it to add an additional image instance?

I will go through the install motion now to see how this goes. 

5 minutes ago, JNZ said:

it did say it could not remove the image as it is in use by another container ? - maybe the original running PP instance?

Exactly because of this.

6 minutes ago, JNZ said:

I assume this way is fine and the only way to do it to add an additional image instance?

No, just turn "Allow install of second instance" in the CA App settings and you can install as many templates as you want.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Exactly because of this.

No, just turn "Allow install of second instance" in the CA App settings and you can install as many templates as you want.

I never knew that.  Great to know! 

I have enabled and run through the template with second instance and it worked first time! Thanks so much for your help here and getting this going. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lknite said:

debian-mirror, in start-server.sh need to modify line 21:
if [ -z "$(ls -I "var" -I "lost+found" -A ${MIRROR_DIR})" ]; then

May I ask why?

The lost+found directory is something that is created by Linux if you run fsck usually and isn‘t part of the container anyways.

I‘ve been using it now for over a year and it is working without a hitch.

Hello! I installed Radarr and was importing my libraries one at a time, however, there is no mention that it will physically affect your previously existing library and now it's deleted all of my movies and concerts! I went from over 4K movies to 8 before I could stop it. 

It will take months to resync the lost media from backup. I'm very upset at this moment. I would like to suggest that a warning be added to the docker download page!

~K

Edited by Keek Uras