[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

11 minutes ago, Keek Uras said:

importing my libraries one at a time, however, there is no mention that it will physically affect your previously existing library and now it's deleted all of my movies and concerts!

I don‘t understand what you did exactly… can you explain what you did exactly step by step?

Did you just import the libraries? The libraries shouldn‘t get deleted at all, at least that never did happen to me and this is also the first time I hear that Radarr deletes something on it‘s own.

Did you change anything in the settings in Radarr? Did you got a Radarr installation previously?

There is nothing I can do about that since this seems like a Radarr issue itself.

Radarr should never try to delete something on it‘s own unless you tell Radarr to.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t understand what you did exactly… can you explain what you did exactly step by step?

Did you just import the libraries? The libraries shouldn‘t get deleted at all, at least that never did happen to me and this is also the first time I hear that Radarr deletes something on it‘s own.

Did you change anything in the settings in Radarr? Did you got a Radarr installation previously?

There is nothing I can do about that since this seems like a Radarr issue itself.

Radarr should never try to delete something on it‘s own unless you tell Radarr to.

You're correct, I only imported my library folders. I saw that it was showing a lot of them as not found with the metadata providers so I thought I'd just continue to manage them manually and uninstalled it. When I went back to my collection, 2 folders were gone and one was down to 8 movies left. I don't know what or why it happened. I had never used it before and was testing it out to see what I thought. 

2 minutes ago, Keek Uras said:

I had never used it before and was testing it out to see what I thought.

Did you start here: Click

I really don't know what happened on your system, since even if you import it and something interferes the files would be renamed to my knowledge and not deleted.

Yes, I did read the documentation and I didn't see anywhere that it would delete my files or else I would've abandoned it. Please know, I'm not blaming anyone, just wanted to suggest that a warning be placed on the docker that this could happen, so all precautions should be taken regarding file being backed up before using the app.

15 hours ago, Keek Uras said:

just wanted to suggest that a warning be placed on the docker that this could happen

Don't get me wrong but this shouldn't happen at all, otherwise such a warning should be placed in all container not only from me. I really don't know why your libraries where deleted.

Ddo you still have the folder that was created in your appdata folder for Radarr, if yes, can you please provide the logs, maybe I can tell what happened in your case.

8 hours ago, mangojuus said:

Is there any way i can remote into jdownloader2 from apacheguacamole? i set the correct ip and port in guac and that doesnt work. 

guac should work fine, you are sure you use the right port ?

VNC native and not the VNC http port, also as its a http service anyway, you could just set this behind your RP itself too ;)

8 hours ago, mangojuus said:

Is there any way i can remote into jdownloader2 from apacheguacamole? i set the correct ip and port in guac and that doesnt work. 

You have to create another port in the template with the container port set to: 5900 (this is the RFB port where you can directly connect to the VNC server) and as the host port whatever you want (I recommend setting it to something like different like 9991 or something like that <- this is then the port you want to connect to with Guacamole).

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have to create another port in the template with the container port set to: 5900 (this is the RFB port where you can directly connect to the VNC server) and as the host port whatever you want (I recommend setting it to something like different like 9991 or something like that <- this is then the port you want to connect to with Guacamole).

this got me one step closer, thanks! i now only get a gray screen with the cursor visible. here are my guac settings. anything i should change here?

EDIT: worked after a refresh :)

image.thumb.png.3fc24c45be8ec202817c15d137bf5ec6.png

image.thumb.png.83f7336528edc33d222b5c14a3c8b1b2.png

Edited by mangojuus
  • Like 1

I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I have a question about luckybackup.

Is there a way to make it delete files first in a backup task instead of at the end of it? I keep running into the problem that my backup drive runs out of space. Both the backup drive and array are the same size, but it keeps overflowing because it only deletes files at the end of the task.

5 hours ago, BreakfastPurrito said:

Is there a way to make it delete files first in a backup task instead of at the end of it?

Yes, modify the task, click on Advanced, go to Command Options, click on User defined, type in: --delete-before and click on add

This should then look something like this:

grafik.png.6a78a7d47db60697efa8c894c3e8a3c2.png

Also make sure that in the Command Options at Templates the option: Delete files on destination is disabled because you override this with --delete-before.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has already been covered. New to unRAID and this app.

I thought today i'd give DirSyncPro a try to backup all my media from unRAID to another NAS box. I setup my job and kicked off a sync. After a minute or so I noticed the fan on my laptop go into high gear. "Well that is strange, i'm not doing anything intensive." Popped open task manager and chrome is doing a ton of receiving traffic. I closed the tab that was watching DirSyncPro and usage dropped. Attached is a screenshot of it in action.

I'm a little baffled why this is happening. I get the impression the file transfers are going THRU my machine. Which makes no sense of course. Perhaps there is a setting to adjust? Or could it be a byproduct of vnc in the tab to DirSyncPro?

Regards,

Rich

dirsyncpro.png

Edited by richardvrusso
21 minutes ago, richardvrusso said:

Popped open task manager and chrome is doing a ton of receiving traffic. I closed the tab that was watching DirSyncPro and usage dropped. Attached is a screenshot of it in action.

Yes, because if a lot is going on on the screen it has to render it in the web browser which is not really efficient, you should always close the noVNC window if it is copying something.

Oh, have you changed anything in terms of quality in the side menu from the noVNC window?

22 minutes ago, richardvrusso said:

I get the impression the file transfers are going THRU my machine.

No, this is definitely not the case (and not possible) because otherwise your transfer speed would be painfully slow, the screenshot that you shared above with 120Mpb/s translates to about 12MB/s.

If you watch the sync, regardless of which application we are talking about, through noVNC it is always a bit more demanding because there is usually a lot going on on screen.

CPU usage seems a bit high but since you didn't include which Laptop or better speaking which CPU you are using I really can't tell if that's appropriate.

Don't forget, the more it has to render the more CPU and Network usage will be displayed.

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, because if a lot is going on on the screen it has to render it in the web browser which is not really efficient, you should always close the noVNC window if it is copying something.

Oh, have you changed anything in terms of quality in the side menu from the noVNC window?

No, this is definitely not the case (and not possible) because otherwise your transfer speed would be painfully slow, the screenshot that you shared above with 120Mpb/s translates to about 12MB/s.

If you watch the sync, regardless of which application we are talking about, through noVNC it is always a bit more demanding because there is usually a lot going on on screen.

CPU usage seems a bit high but since you didn't include which Laptop or better speaking which CPU you are using I really can't tell if that's appropriate.

Don't forget, the more it has to render the more CPU and Network usage will be displayed.

Hey ich777,

Thanks for the super speedy reply. I'll go in reverse order of your quotes. 2nd reply, "Doh! sorry meant to say the CPU of my laptop watching DirSyncPro, not the unRAID CPU." No worries about the server cpu, its an E3-1270 v5 and 32GB of ram.

1st reply. Ah gotcha, that does make sense. I'm just surprised at how much the traffic drops on my laptop viewing DirSyncPro. From 120 Mbps to <100 Kbps. Dropped another screenshot of that. I have not adjusted any quality settings for noVNC. I wouldn't mind though tweaking it to a bit lower. It's a backup utility I don't care about visual quality. lol

2022-10-26_141441.png

1 hour ago, richardvrusso said:

Ah gotcha, that does make sense. I'm just surprised at how much the traffic drops on my laptop viewing DirSyncPro.

Simply click on the side menu, then the gear icon and then you should have sliders where you can increase/decrease the Compression (more compression -> higher load on your server) and increase/decrease the Quality (better quality -> higher load on the server).

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Simply click on the side menu, then the gear icon and then you should have sliders where you can increase/decrease the Compression (more compression -> higher load on your server) and increase/decrease the Quality (better quality -> higher load on the server).

😮 idk why i didnt see those sliders before! This is fantastic. I tweaked them and boom! under <100 Kbps while its displaying a sync.

Actually different from the screenshot, now i have quality and compression left. I watched task manager go up and down as I moved them.

Thank you very much!

2022-10-26_161553.png

• Like 1

Any Owncast users? I have it up and running but I can't seem to get it to work with Intel Quicksync. Plex on the same machine will use hardware decoding no problem. The container has the device link defined:

devices:

- "/dev/dri/:/dev/dri/"

When I set Owncast to use hardware decoding I get the following error:

Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': I/O error

UnRAID 6.11.0

Any ideas to point me in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks!

11 hours ago, Dirtyrobot said:

UnRAID 6.11.0

First of all, I would recommend that you upgrade to 6.11.1

11 hours ago, Dirtyrobot said:

When I set Owncast to use hardware decoding I get the following error:

Can you please post a screenshot form your template?

Which CPU are you using? Can you post your Diagnostics?

EDIT: I've now tried it on my system and it works just fine (Intel 10th gen).

HI ich777,

If I may request, can you create a docker for the game VEIN. It supports Linux and Windows servers.

Official Game Website: https://vein.gg

It's currently free, in an attempt to get as much feedback as possible. They are releasing the game via game demo during this feedback period.

2 hours ago, Shadowcrit said:

It's currently free, in an attempt to get as much feedback as possible. They are releasing the game via game demo during this feedback period.

I have now created a server, but as far as I can tell the server won't save anything so after a restart from the container it will be basically be wiped, don't know if that's expected in that early stage or not.

I've also saw two crashes so far from the server but I think this is currently expected.

On 10/29/2022 at 4:27 AM, ich777 said:

First of all, I would recommend that you upgrade to 6.11.1

Can you please post a screenshot form your template?

Which CPU are you using? Can you post your Diagnostics?

EDIT: I've now tried it on my system and it works just fine (Intel 10th gen).

Thanks, I updated UnRAID and re-installed the container. Hardware acceleration is working now with an Intel i5-11400.

The next problem I need to resolve is getting it to work through Traefik 🙄

• Like 1