[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

2 hours ago, Jaytie said:

I think this could work with the "also execute" function of luckyBackup described here: net/manual.html#OperationAdvancedAlsoExecute

nope, you cant stop services outside the docker itself, this would work if luckybackup would run on the host itself ...

one approach would be to userscript docker stop xyz the related dockers before your luckybackup cron is running, now turning them back on ... one approach, see how long it takes, give it some extra and again userscript start the related dockers then.

another approach would be, touch a file after the job is done, in your userscript then, look when the file was touched and only then do something (like starting your dockers), in terms you want a safer and closer approach ... like this you could somehow use this "feature"

image.thumb.png.0f152444bec38b27c2304055e777b7f7.png

easiest is 1st approach, measure it now, if it takes like 10 Mins (it will only backup changed/new files after the 1st run) then stop dockers at 2.00, start them at 2.30 as sample, so you have 20 Mins safe between ...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, alturismo said:

nope, you cant stop services outside the docker itself

Passing through docker.sock would make no change I guess?

Your 1st approach would be okay I guess. Especially, if luckyBackup copies the critical databases first. Even if the containers restart too early once in a while, it should be not too dramatic.
Since I'm new to userscripts in Unraid:

How would I create and schedule them? Can I use something like "CA User Scripts"?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Just a quick question in regards to Zabbix. I am using the Zabbix-Server and Zabbix-Webinterface Docker in Unraid and it's been a few weeks not that it show "not available" under version... Just wondering if I am the only one with this issue. I did some research before posting and did not find a solution/topic....

Thank you!

zabbix.png

Help with Lancache

4 weeks up time and three machines on the router forcing DNSFilter to use the lancache-dns server. Plenty of games being downloaded from Steam on multiple on-LAN game machines, but no storage. I don't think lancache is working.

I'm not even sure where to start. Can someone please help me diagnose why my setup isn't working for doing Steam caching, please?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.14c37c5bd81389c93d2d4e52504a1685.png

image.thumb.png.bfea4824d1f73ba5be6ff2c325fab4c2.png

image.thumb.png.cfcfdd448fe6358017292601a6a69f00.png

image.thumb.png.3c2810118dd30977fb5c1d0b7d3b23b8.png

Question about LanCache Prefill

Lets say I preloaded "Game A".
With the schedule enabled, does it predownload game patches that get released later?

And is there a list of all battlenet product codes somewhere? specifically the codes for overwatch2 and Warzone 2 which I cannot find.

Edited by cholzer
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

So it seems to me that lancache is not working, I would recommend that you head over to the Lancache GitHub and create an Issue there: Click

I can only give support for Lancache-Prefill.

Thanks, but I don't think it's a lancache problem as much as my set up either with my home networking or my unraid docker setups. I imagine they won't help with the latter (unraid docker setups), so which thread should I post to for support in assessing if I set up my docker apps on unraid correctly, please?

4 hours ago, cholzer said:

And is there a list of all battlenet product codes somewhere? specifically the codes for overwatch2 and Warzone 2 which I cannot find.

Sure thing, as mentioned in the template here:grafik.png.20ec7d7a4f9284303bf1c25f5a700a5f.png

https://github.com/tpill90/battlenet-lancache-prefill#detailed-command-usage (or you can scroll a bit up to this bit: https://github.com/tpill90/battlenet-lancache-prefill#selecting-what-to-prefill)

Or you can open up a container console and run the following commands:

1. Type in 'su $USER' (case sensitive!) and press ENTER
  2. Type in 'cd ${DATA_DIR}/BattleNetPrefill' and press ENTER
  3. Type in './BattleNetPrefill list-products' and press ENTER

Then you should see something like that:

grafik.png.158fc1d9f3ca95a46b95e00966420808.png

4 hours ago, cholzer said:

Lets say I preloaded "Game A".
With the schedule enabled, does it predownload game patches that get released later?

Yes, every time the prefill run it will check for updates, so to speak patches and prefill them.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MrSparks said:

I imagine they won't help with the latter (unraid docker setups)

Why not? They even have it on their homepage listed and mention that it is complicated but doable...

1 hour ago, MrSparks said:

so which thread should I post to for support in assessing if I set up my docker apps on unraid correctly, please?

Sorry if lancache isn't working correctly I can't help since I don't maintain the Lancache or Lancache-DNS containers, you can also go to their Discord which is listed here (I run a completely different setup over here, I run a LXC container where Unbound, AdGuard and LANCache Monolithic are installed and handle all DNS requests).

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Or you can open up a container console and run the following commands:

1. Type in 'su $USER' (case sensitive!) and press ENTER
  2. Type in 'cd ${DATA_DIR}/BattleNetPrefill' and press ENTER
  3. Type in './BattleNetPrefill list-products' and press ENTER

awesome! thank you so much! :D

• Like 1
On 2/5/2023 at 10:48 PM, ich777 said:

Maybe someone else can help, I'm really not that familiar with PhotoSync and authentik...

However if you find the solution please let me know. :)

It's just the webdav path, didn't think it'll be that easy :D

^/originals.*$

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

If I execute a backup with luckyBackup of the Appfolder of Nginx Proxy Manager (Docker)Container, it throws an errer when trying to copy the certificate files (.pem).

<a name="error1"></a><font color=red>rsync: [generator] symlink "/mnt/backupshare/docker/nginx-proxy-manager/letsencrypt/live/npm-1/cert.pem" -> "../../archive/npm-1/cert1.pem" failed: Operation not supported (95)
</font>

Is this expected behaviour? The container runs as root and stopping the container doesn't change it.

It's not a big deal since the certs can be regenerated in case of a backup restore, but I'm just wondering.

Thanks!

Edited by Jaytie
On 2/7/2023 at 6:55 PM, ich777 said:

Where is your destionation folder located in terms of filesystem?

Destination is a SynologyNAS share formatted with btrfs.

Edit: I excluded .pem files for now. If someone has an idea, what could cause the errors when copying .pem files, I'd be happy to hear :)

Edited by Jaytie

EDIT: referring to jDownloader Docker

How is it possible to set general settings? I want to set a value for max chunks and max simultanous,but always if I restart the container these values are changed back. Also tried editing the GeneralSettings.json without success.

Same thing with the downloadpath. It always changes back to default (I already changed the path in the docker itself).

Edited by pille
4 minutes ago, pille said:

How is it possible to set general settings?

LanCache Docker -> advanced -> Extra Parameters
here you can set i.e.

-e DISABLE_WSUS=true -e CACHE_DISK_SIZE=800000m

I disabled windows updates and set the max cache size to 800GB

The download path for the cache as set in LanCache docker is used by the docker for me.

Edited by cholzer
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, cholzer said:

LanCache Docker -> advanced -> Extra Parameters
here you can set i.e.

-e DISABLE_WSUS=true -e CACHE_DISK_SIZE=800000m

I disabled windows updates and set the max cache size to 800GB

The download path for the cache as set in LanCache docker is used by the docker for me.

Sorry, my fault. Should have mentioned that it was about the jdownloader docker

57 minutes ago, pille said:

How is it possible to set general settings? I want to set a value for max chunks and max simultanous,but always if I restart the container these values are changed back. Also tried editing the GeneralSettings.json without success.

Same thing with the downloadpath. It always changes back to default (I already changed the path in the docker itself).

Can't reproduce this over here.

Have you changed anything in the template? Are the paths set correctly?

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can't reproduce this over here.

Have you changed anything in the template? Are the paths set correctly?

I just deleted the port, to be able to use it with gluetun vpn.

Thanks for the hint. I imported the .cfg files from my old windows machine. Maybe that might cause the problems? Any idea what to change there?