[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

On 3/11/2023 at 12:41 AM, ich777 said:

You have to manually type in the file name in the Docker template.

1. Create a file on Unraid wherever you want, in this case at "/mnt/user/appdata/scripts/debian.sh", with the necessary contents, something like that:
    apt-get update && \
    ap-get -y install 1STPACKAGE 2NDPACKAGE ...
  2. Go to the Docker template and click on: "Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device"
  3. Create a Path mapping like that (of course change the Host Path to where your script is located):
    grafik.png.d0e5d20a87db3e8626b6889e746ad87b.png
  4. Click Save and Apply

This script will now run each time you start the container

Worked like a charm - thanks!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SpiceyCadmium said:

When I login I get a "This session will not stay connected" error and then if I try again I get this

On what Unraid version are you?

Please open up a console from the container and issue this command:

rm -rf ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill

Restart the container and try to log in again.

I've already contacted @tpill90 about that if he has yet seen such an error.

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

Please open up a console from the container and issue this command:

rm -rf ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill

Restart the container and try to log in again.

I've already contacted @tpill90 about that if he has yet seen such an error.

Thanks for the crazy fast reply!

I'm on 6.11.5.

I did that command and restarted, it let me login but on the prefill finish it happened again. :(

7 minutes ago, SpiceyCadmium said:

I did that command and restarted, it let me login but on the prefill finish it happened again. :(

Do you have a cache drive installed? Can you post a screenshot from your Docker template? To what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings from your appdata share?

G'day ich777,

I'm testing out your LuckyBackup container and I think there is a bug...

When I backup from one UNRAID server to another UNRAID server using "backup source inside destination" with 10 snapshots enabled, then following happens:

1. The files are copied successfully

2. Modified files are stored in the snapshots folder within the destination correctly

The issue is with restorations. No matter which snapshot I select, it only restores the latest backup set and seems to ignore that I've selected an older snapshot. This makes it impossible to restore any version of a file/directory apart from the latest backup.
I can confirm the the older version of a file does get copied to the snapshots folder then the date/time folder and I can grab an older copy of the file out manually, however restore simply doesn't work as expected.

Do you know of a way to fix this issue, or an alternate container that can do UNRAID to UNRAID backups with snapshots??

Many thanks for all of your contributions!

Dan

5 hours ago, Husker_N7242C said:

Many thanks for all of your contributions!

I have to try this on my own on a test setup but this can take a few days...

This is the first time I hear that this is not working and since luckyBackup was well used back in the days I can't imagine that it caused issues back then.

2 minutes ago, guyola said:

The cron job I try to create with luckbackup to run on a daily basis does not seem to work.

Can you provide a bit more information on that, please share screenshots of your sync and the schedule that you've set up if possible.

Does it sync while running it manually?

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you provide a bit more information on that, please share screenshots of your sync and the schedule that you've set up if possible.

Does it sync while running it manually?

Sure - thanks ich777 for your quick response and yes when I run it manually it syncs

Below are three screenshots.

Thanks again for your help

1. from luckybackup

image.thumb.png.aa48a5dc25c422e608917ab8a6b373ae.png

2. from the unraid main console

image.thumb.png.4bdd875301f1ef4de547f1563bb27877.png

3. from the luckybackup container console

image.thumb.png.fbf9940de5e1d4efd2eb101a476e1292.png

2 minutes ago, guyola said:

Below are three screenshots.

you can delete the screen from unraid cron, only from luckybackup cron is the one which is interesting ;)

may i ask how you come to the conclusion it doesnt run ? may as note, the GUI wont show an update that the job is done until you restart the docker, just to make sure you dont rely on the GUI Info ...

image.png.4e58f51b5b7e243b6aa32c04593fc05a.png

this Info only shows up until you restart the docker ...

• Like 1
On 3/16/2023 at 11:52 AM, ich777 said:

Do you have a cache drive installed? Can you post a screenshot from your Docker template? To what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings from your appdata share?

hi @ich777,

i think i have the same problem

i noticed an error message right before the app-selection-screen:

image.png.b57c02ba48e8f3d99f2ab5e26bf33217.png

could that have something to do with the error?

could this be a user-rights issue?

to answer your questions:

i have a cache drive; the appdata share is set to prefer the cache drive; in all docker templates the path points to the cache directly e.g. /mnt/cache/appdata/..

here are screenshots from the prefill-container:

image.thumb.png.9031d6da8e9dcdb0c0e4fcf2e384edc9.png

image.thumb.png.b370308b0f17a59641eb874731671cfc.png

from lancache:

image.thumb.png.5efb6c8c54b6f5052be0e5957011884d.png

and lancache-dns:

image.thumb.png.d62502398f14b7608fbc849e5da0d130.png

please let me know if you need any more information to analyze the error, i'd love to help

thank you!

regards - d8

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

you can delete the screen from unraid cron, only from luckybackup cron is the one which is interesting ;)

may i ask how you come to the conclusion it doesnt run ? may as note, the GUI wont show an update that the job is done until you restart the docker, just to make sure you dont rely on the GUI Info ...

image.png.4e58f51b5b7e243b6aa32c04593fc05a.png

this Info only shows up until you restart the docker ...

I dont understand - the cron job is running every and I will see it only after restart of the docker?

On 3/16/2023 at 9:52 PM, ich777 said:

Forgive my delayed reply, appreciate your response!

1. Yep its installed on the cache drive.

2. Please see below:

1892197084_Screenshot2023-03-18at11-12-30JARVIS_UpdateContainer.thumb.png.4081ffd9ec876d834ba5212b221b97da.png

3. /Appdata/ is set to "Only."

7 hours ago, guyola said:

I dont understand - the cron job is running every and I will see it only after restart of the docker?

exactly, its a lack in the webgui app itself.

may as note, this is normally a desktop app, i guess the author of the app (not the docker) is just checking while opening the app and not watching the cronjob results while the app is open ... which is the case in a docker ;)

may just check your backup targetif it ran properly or not ...

personally i made a workaround for me and posted it also here in this thread.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, der8ertl said:

i think i have the same problem

6 hours ago, SpiceyCadmium said:

Forgive my delayed reply, appreciate your response!

Seems like Steam broke something and this is a common issue for new installs: Click

Guess we will have to wait until Steam merges the PR to fix this issue.

4 hours ago, alturismo said:

exactly, its a lack in the webgui app itself.

may as note, this is normally a desktop app, i guess the author of the app (not the docker) is just checking while opening the app and not watching the cronjob results while the app is open ... which is the case in a docker ;)

may just check your backup targetif it ran properly or not ...

personally i made a workaround for me and posted it also here in this thread.

Hi alturismo - can you share your workaround? - I can't seem to find the post you are reffering to...

5 minutes ago, guyola said:

I can't seem to find the post you are reffering to...

Just restart the container on a daily basis with a user script through Unraid so that it doesn‘t interferes with the schedule in the container.

docker container restart CONTAINERNAME

(of corse replace CONTAINERNAME with the container name - case sensitive!)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, guyola said:

Hi alturismo - can you share your workaround? - I can't seem to find the post you are reffering to...

in the end, simple as @ich777 pointed out, as i want it to be failsafe and closer to finishing state i made a 2 step way.

1/ touch a file which changes the mod time after the last job is done

image.thumb.png.bdbcbe62be777ec7992cb379e63e1f14.png

2/ wrote myself a small check script

#!/bin/bash

donefile="/mnt/cache/appdata/luckybackup/check"     ### file created/redone by luckybackup after complete
waittime="10800"                                    ### time in seconds to check age
dockname="luckybackup"                              ### case sensitive name for docker to restart

if [ "$(( $(date +"%s") - $(stat -c "%Y" $donefile) ))" -gt $waittime ]; then
   echo $donefile is too old
else
   docker restart $dockname
   echo $dockname restarted
fi

3/ schedule it to fit my personal setup

image.thumb.png.f959c99e64c925faea7a285c1091aaec.png

so, my backup starts at 3.45 am, needs ... some time, depending now ... so i check 1st time at 4.55 am if the job is done and restart the docker, if its not done then, it will check at 7.55 am ... and finally at 10.55 am ... (thats why the 10800 seconds timer, 3 hours lookup) then definately all jobs are done and the docker will restart and GUI is updated.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, alturismo said:

in the end, simple as @ich777 pointed out, as i want it to be failsafe and closer to finishing state i made a 2 step way.

image.thumb.png.bdbcbe62be777ec7992cb379e63e1f14.png

#!/bin/bash

donefile="/mnt/cache/appdata/luckybackup/check"     ### file created/redone by luckybackup after complete
waittime="10800"                                    ### time in seconds to check age
dockname="luckybackup"                              ### case sensitive name for docker to restart

else
   docker restart $dockname
   echo $dockname restarted
fi

so, my backup starts at 3.45 am, needs ... some time, depending now ... so i check 1st time at 4.55 am if the job is done and restart the docker, if its not done then, it will check at 7.55 am ... and finally at 10.55 am ... (thats why the 10800 seconds timer, 3 hours lookup) then definately all jobs are done and the docker will restart and GUI is updated.

Thank you very much alturismo 👍🙂

alturismo - just two questions about this workaround (I am new here so I want to make sure I understand)"

17 minutes ago, alturismo said:

1. What does it mean to touch a file and do I just write this line and add it with the button:

image.thumb.png.6a7d34ac9352613de2fb529b5bd2ce67.png

23 minutes ago, alturismo said:

#!/bin/bash

else
   docker restart $dockname
   echo $dockname restarted
fi

The script in 2 is the code I should copy a the new scheduler script in 3

Thanks

8 minutes ago, guyola said:

1. What does it mean to touch a file and do I just write this line and add it with the button:

exactly, it ll either create the file or modify it (timestamp)

9 minutes ago, guyola said:

The script in 2 is the code I should copy a the new scheduler script in 3

yes, as user script and schedule it for your needs ...

16 minutes ago, alturismo said:

exactly, it ll either create the file or modify it (timestamp)

yes, as user script and schedule it for your needs ...

Just a few more small questions:

I have a hot swap sata bay drive connected to the server and my idea is to use luckybackup to backup data to a disk which will be taken our of the system for cold backup and refreshed every day/week

In luckybackup - which type of sync do you recommend for this type data i.e.:

1. For backing up appdata - would you choose BACKUP SOURCE INSIDE DESTINATION or SYNCHRONIZE SOURCE INSIDE DESTINATION? and what would be the way to restore it?

2. For personal media such as family photos and videos - which sync option would you choose?

Also will luckybackup will know to backup only to a this specific disk and refresh the differences after I take it out and put it in back in?

Thank you

30 minutes ago, guyola said:

Thank you

you welcome, about all your other questions (and more may will follow) i would suggest now to switch the channel and read into luckyback (rsync) and about its capabilities, this here is not the luckybackup support channel ;)

here we are right if there are questions about the docker and its docker functions

rest you may should start here https://luckybackup.sourceforge.net/

as note, im also not using "cold" backups, only LAN and cloud so i also cant help there at all.