[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

I tried but I'm still getting the error

time="2023-05-02T12:02:08Z" level=error msg="[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x150d3b132e40] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error)."
time="2023-05-02T12:02:08Z" level=error msg="Failed to set value '/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'vaapi_device': I/O error"

31 minutes ago, exus said:

I tried but I'm still getting the error

This is really strange and I can only assume that it has something to do with your 13th Gen CPU but I really can't tell for sure.

Do you run Emby/Jellyfin/Plex too on your server?

If yes is HW transcoding working there?

3 minutes ago, exus said:

I'm running emby inside a windows VM but it's using a 3060 that I'm passing through

May I ask why? You iGPU should be as capable as the 3060... Just saying... :)

Hmmm, it would be really interesting if HW transcoding is working, can you maybe try to install the official Jellyfin container and pass through /dev/dri and see if this is working?

same result on jellyfin docker

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55f3adf6e680] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=va:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

😔

7 minutes ago, exus said:

same result on jellyfin docker

[AVHWDeviceContext @ 0x55f3adf6e680] Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error).
Device creation failed: -5.
Failed to set value 'vaapi=va:/dev/dri/renderD128' for option 'init_hw_device': Input/output error
Error parsing global options: Input/output error

😔

Can you try to upgrade to the next branch from Unraid, please keep in mind that you are on bleeding edge hardware and the Kernel from 6.11.5 maybe doesn‘t support your iGPU.

Bleeding edge hardware and Linux is most of the time not a good combination.

1 hour ago, Nebur692 said:

Can it be used to make a Zabbix Proxy?

No, I think Zabbix Proxy is based on sqlite IIRC.

1 hour ago, Nebur692 said:

If not, could you make a repository for Zabbix Proxy please?

Sorry I don't use Zabbix anymore and I've stopped creating templates for containers that I don't use/maintain.

Hello

I have some problems with luckyBackup docker. The last time I used it I had no problems getting it to start properly but this time it wont even start.

I installed it with default port 8080 and when I open the WebUI I only see the noVNC page where it says: failed to connect to server.

I also noticed that luckyBackup hasn't created any files or folders in the appdata folder like I didnt installed anything.

I tried to reinstall several times but that didnt help.

I also attached screenshots of how it looks right now including the docker template.

Thank you and I appreciate any help to getting this to work

Kraudi

1.png

2.png

temp.png

Edited by Kraudi
1 hour ago, Kraudi said:

I also attached screenshots of how it looks right now including the docker template.

What does the logs say?

Without then I can‘t tell much.

Please stop the container, click on the container icon and then select logs.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What does the logs say?

Without then I can‘t tell much.

Please stop the container, click on the container icon and then select logs.

Here is the log. Thanks for looking into it :)

chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key.pub': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.vnc': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/daten': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidAppdata': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidSystem': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidSystem/unraid-flash-backup-20230504-0816.zip': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key.pub': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_ed25519_key.pub': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub': Operation not permitted
WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :8080
  - Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - Backgrounding (daemon)
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 86:    61 Aborted                 /usr/bin/luckybackup
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/.vnc': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/daten': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidAppdata': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidSystem': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/luckybackup/unraidSystem/unraid-flash-backup-20230504-0816.zip': Operation not permitted
WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :8080
  - Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - Backgrounding (daemon)

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Starting luckyBackup---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Starting cron---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---ssh_host_rsa_key keys found!---
---ssh_host_ecdsa_key found!---
---ssh_host_ed25519_key found!---
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

24 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

Here is the log. Thanks for looking into it :)

Did you do a reset permissions from the tools menu on the Docker directory?

Are you using a Docker directory or a image?

If you did a reset permissions, you have to set up Docker again.

Reset permissions is only meant for user shares…

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you do a reset permissions from the tools menu on the Docker directory?

Are you using a Docker directory or a image?

If you did a reset permissions, you have to set up Docker again.

Reset permissions is only meant for user shares…

I didnt reset any permissions. I also did a complete "fresh" install of unraid and installed luckyBackup through the apps menu and it still doesnt work ...really strange. Every other "app" I installed works completely fine it's only luckyBackup which isn't working.

Edited by Kraudi
18 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

I didnt reset any permissions. I also did a complete "fresh" install of unraid and installed luckyBackup through the apps menu and it still doesnt work ...really strange. Every other "app" I installed works completely fine it's only luckyBackup which isn't working.

Are you really sure that you didn't do anything manually to the permissions, that's the only reason I can think of why it is now not working.

Please delete the container, then delete the folder for luckybackup which is located in the appdata directory and then reinstall the container from the CA App.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you really sure that you didn't do anything manually to the permissions, that's the only reason I can think of why it is now not working.

Please delete the container, then delete the folder for luckybackup which is located in the appdata directory and then reinstall the container from the CA App.

Yep because I took a new usb stick and installed a fresh unraid trial. The odd thing is that luckyBackup doesnt create any files in the appdata directory like other apps. The appdata folder is completely empty. Every other app works fine and creates files there.

Edited by Kraudi
Just now, Kraudi said:

The odd thing is that luckyBackup doesnt create any files in the appdata directory like other apps. The appdata folder is completely empty.

Is the disk Backup mounted? From the screenshot from above I see that you point the data directory (this would be usually the path to your appdata directory which defaults to: /mnt/cache/appdata/luckybackup) to a Unassigned Devices disk.

Are you sure that this is correct?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is the disk Backup mounted? From the screenshot from above I see that you point the data directory (this would be usually the path to your appdata directory which defaults to: /mnt/cache/appdata/luckybackup) to a Unassigned Devices disk.

Are you sure that this is correct?

You are correct. The /mnt/disks/backup was an old wrong path I put in earlier and after uninstalling it somehow saved this path and it is now automatically in there on each new install. Changed it manually to the appdata cache folder and now it seems to work.

My bad sorry for that. I was sure the path is automatically reset to the correct appdata folder when reinstalling so I didnt even noticed. 

Manchmal sieht man halt den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht :)

Danke und Grüße aus dem Nachbarland!

• Like 1

Theres one thing left. I move my media files every night to an external usb drive on the server and for each file luckyBackup says something like this for every file and folder.

rsync: [receiver] failed to set times on "/mnt/backup/notes/.obsidian/.core-plugins.json: Operation not permitted (1)

It looks like it still syncs the folders/files to the backup drive but I'm not sure it may create some further problems down the strech. 

I know you can add -O to rsync then the errors for folders are gone but not for the files. I also enabled the checkmark "destination is fat/ntfs" because my external USB drive is NTFS formatted. I had this working fine when I last used luckyBackup so I'm not sure what the problem now is.

Thanks for your help guys :)

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you run luckyBackup as root?

Try to delete the file on the backup share and do the sync again.

You mean the run as root setting in the docker settings? Then no as I read somewhere you shouldnt do that. But I can try it for sure.

Are there any security concerns running docker as root? Last time I used luckyBackup I think I didnt used that settings as well.

Edited by Kraudi