[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Just installed the "RustDesk-Server-AIO" Docker-Container on my UnRaid 6.11.5-Server.

Before opening Ports on my Router or using my Reverse Proxy to get connected via Internet I would like to tell the HBBR and HBBS to accept only requests with a key.

Well, in the template you can set extra parameters - can someone guide me through the process and post, what exactly to set as parameter.

Google tells me to use ' -k _' in Docker compose but that doesn't do the trick...

No matter if using network as host or bridged

1 hour ago, unrno.spam said:

or using my Reverse Proxy

Please don't do that, that won't work.

1 hour ago, unrno.spam said:

Google tells me to use ' -k _' in Docker compose but that doesn't do the trick...

In my case that does work just fine:
grafik.thumb.png.62c1b5cabc354de7437712f2c53b5ff6.png

If someone without my key tries to connect it fails and is rejected.

BTW, this is basically the same as:

-k _

(please note that the Rust client will most of the times fall back to the official key server and the connection won't be established through your hbbs <- Server or hbbr <- Relay)

EDIT: You can also easily see this in the container log because your key will be actually displayed with this option when hbbs and hbbr are starting.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please don't do that, that won't work.

In my case that does work just fine:
grafik.thumb.png.62c1b5cabc354de7437712f2c53b5ff6.png

If someone without my key tries to connect it fails and is rejected.

BTW, this is basically the same as:

-k _

(please note that the Rust client will most of the times fall back to the official key server and the connection won't be established through your hbbs <- Server or hbbr <- Relay)

EDIT: You can also easily see this in the container log because your key will be actually displayed with this option when hbbs and hbbr are starting.

Succeeded when running on "Host" network. Great work and thanx for the hints you gave!!

On 6/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, ich777 said:

Can you describe a bit more in depth when the URLs should open or do you do this on a schedule with user scripts? If you are doing that with user scripts be careful since you can easily end up with many tabs open when you don‘t be careful.

Sure its a sheduled task with user scripts. Im already start and stop the container with some scripts and tabs are all closed after this.

With su ${USER} i can start the process but its always open as new window. Is there a way to got into same process to open a tab?

36 minutes ago, alpha-basis said:

Is there a way to got into same process to open a tab?

I don't know since this question is specific to Firefox not the container itself, I would recommend that you ask this on the Firefox forums.

If you do a quick Google search for something like "open new tab in firefox form command line" you'll find lot's of topics about that.

3 hours ago, georgie87 said:

I keep running into this fatal error when try to start the container after I move the openvpn config files into the folder. I'm trying to use ProtonVPN as well. 

Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 6.01.36 PM.png

Did you also create the file for the password?

I don‘t know how ProtonVPN works but you maybe have to edit the config file so that it doesn‘t ask for the password.

Hey all. I'm suddenly running into an error with sabnzbd since today's update.

The main takeaways is it obviously can't download, what seems to be a Python3 error, and for some reason is expecting an older version of SABCTools

ERROR a minute ago [13/Jun/2023:22:43:02] ENGINE Error in HTTPServer.serve
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/cheroot/server.py", line 1814, in serve
    self._connections.run(self.expiration_interval)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/cheroot/connections.py", line 198, in run
    self._run(expiration_interval)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/cheroot/connections.py", line 241, in _run
    new_conn = self._from_server_socket(self.server.socket)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/cheroot/connections.py", line 294, in _from_server_socket
    s, ssl_env = self.server.ssl_adapter.wrap(s)
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/dist-packages/cheroot/ssl/builtin.py", line 270, in wrap
    s = self.context.wrap_socket(
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl.py", line 517, in wrap_socket
    return self.sslsocket_class._create(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl.py", line 1075, in _create
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl.py", line 1346, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLZeroReturnError: TLS/SSL connection has been closed (EOF) (_ssl.c:992)

ERROR a minute ago Essential modules are missing, downloading cannot start.

ERROR a minute ago SABCTools disabled: no correct version found! (Found v7.1.0, expecting v7.0.2)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Edited by Avsynthe
5 minutes ago, Avsynthe said:

The main takeaways is it obviously can't download, what seems to be a Python3 error, and for some reason is expecting an older version of SABCTools

Please force an update from the container again (Docker page -> enable Advanced View -> Force Update at the container -> disable Advanced View again), I think you pulled a broken build that was online for about 5 minutes yesterday.

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please force an update from the container again (Docker page -> enable Advanced View -> Force Update at the container -> disable Advanced View again), I think you pulled a broken build that was online for about 5 minutes yesterday.

Yep, that was it. Cheers!

Strangely I still get the python errors but it's connecting and downloading just fine.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Avsynthe said:

Yep, that was it. Cheers!

Strangely I still get the python errors but it's connecting and downloading just fine.

This should not happen, at least it does not over here, I will take a look at it.

If you experiencing any further issues please let me know. :)

9 minutes ago, QuestForTori said:

I'm running LuckyBackup, but it seems to totally ignore the folders I marked as excluded, and the backup doesn't auto-run when it's scheduled to. There don't seem to be any logs showing anything out of the ordinary - what could be the issue?

Please post scrennshots what you did exactly for more help.

1 hour ago, QuestForTori said:

The folders marked as excluded still get backed up

Please use exclude like that:

domains/*
steam/*
backup/*

1 hour ago, QuestForTori said:

and a backup does not start at the specified time.

Did you made sure that you've enabled console mode like mentioned here:

grafik.png.1018b3217a156b801aae4e66ce1451a9.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please use exclude like that:

domains/*
steam/*
backup/*

Did you made sure that you've enabled console mode like mentioned here:

grafik.png.1018b3217a156b801aae4e66ce1451a9.png

Even when adding /* to the end of each path, it still tries to back them up. (i.e /mnt/user/domains/*) Did you mean that the "/mnt/user/" should be deleted, as well?

Hi, I installed Owncast with the plan of trying it out with NVENC, I included the 3 requisites for this ("--runtime=nvidia", GPU UUID and "driver capabilities") but I only get "libx264" as Video Codec option. More importantly, I'm getting this error in the logs: "/usr/bin/ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libx264.so.160: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", and the same error gets returned when I try to run "ffmpeg -version" inside the container. If I try to stream from OBS using the default codec it finds the server but instantly disconnects because it can't encode. Don't think I changed anything in particular that could have caused any issue, only parameters I modified are the ones needed for NVENC mentioned above. Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks in advance.

45 minutes ago, manuxce said:

Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the report, please force a update from the container itself (Docker page -> enable Advanced View -> click Force Update at the container -> disable Advanced View).

• Like 1

Hi,

I started playing with your OnlineCheckYourServer.  Can you answer, does this support port numbers?  I'd like to check if 10.0.0.250:64448 fails to respond.  

Currently I get:  (I force quit the app). 

Also:  I set it to 10 seconds to test.  I will NOT leave it to this.  

Thanks!

chown: missing operand after ‘99:100’
Try 'chown --help' for more information.
ping: 10.0.0.250:64448: Name or service not known

Session terminated, killing shell.../opt/scripts/start.sh: line 29: kill: `': not a pid or valid job spec
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to ---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Trying to ping: 10.0.0.250:64448 every 10 seconds with a timout of 10 seconds, retrying if the ping fails after 10 seconds---
06/18/2023 11:41:14 AM: 10.0.0.250:64448 not reachable!
Pushover message sent! Retrying after 10 seconds!

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

21 minutes ago, bmpreston said:

I'd like to check if 10.0.0.250:64448 fails to respond.

Did you set ICMP to a different port?

This container only supports ICMP pings.

23 minutes ago, bmpreston said:

Currently I get:  (I force quit the app). 

I don't understand, what do you mean with that?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you set ICMP to a different port?

This container only supports ICMP pings.

I don't know anything about that.  I just run a docker image that is hosted on 64448555392353_Screenshot2023-06-18at12_15_21.thumb.png.04f600f239a2b2c9aa7741626f809b6e.png

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand, what do you mean with that?

The reason the log shows it quit, is because I quit the docker.  Didn't want you reading the log thinking it crashed.  It was me that ended it....