[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, and no they are encrypted it depends on the resolver...

You can test it at https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ and run the extended test.

Hi ich777,

I saw that link in an earlier post - when I run it, I only see a single server return, ie. the OpenDNS ones. The log window from DoH-Client (with verbose=true set in the config file) shows requests going to Google, DNS.SB and OpenDNS, which I set.

So, if those requests are being tunnelled over HTTPS/TLS, then only seeing one server in the DNSLeakTest is to be expected?

Cheers,

Xav.

33 minutes ago, xavierda said:

Hi ich777,

I saw that link in an earlier post - when I run it, I only see a single server return, ie. the OpenDNS ones. The log window from DoH-Client (with verbose=true set in the config file) shows requests going to Google, DNS.SB and OpenDNS, which I set.

So, if those requests are being tunnelled over HTTPS/TLS, then only seeing one server in the DNSLeakTest is to be expected?

Cheers,

Xav.

Depends on the Browser/OS configuration how much you find.

If it works then it should only display what you've choosen in the config of DoH.

Try to run the test with your standard DNS entries then it should identify your ISP and also the Hostname from your ISP.

This is a example if it's working:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-05-22_09-29-41.thumb.png.09abf64058c9c182e0fd9fbc76281d29.png

Edited by ich777

Hi, ich777,

I'm having a hell of a time getting DirSync Pro to work now that it's removed native SMB support

I've installed the Unassigned Devices plugin and mounted the remote directory (a NFS share on a raspberry pi that was formally SMB) but DirSync Pro can't write to it. I've checked that I've got the write permissions setup right through both the Unraid Terminal and the Docker terminal my using mkdir to create folders, but DirSync Pro itself doesn't seem to have write access. I'm not sure if it's due to me not setting up a 'local' directory correctly.

Currently, it's throwing up Warning: Destination file cannot be created: /mnt/local/... etc.

5 hours ago, Hazza64 said:

Hi, ich777,

I'm having a hell of a time getting DirSync Pro to work now that it's removed native SMB support

I've installed the Unassigned Devices plugin and mounted the remote directory (a NFS share on a raspberry pi that was formally SMB) but DirSync Pro can't write to it. I've checked that I've got the write permissions setup right through both the Unraid Terminal and the Docker terminal my using mkdir to create folders, but DirSync Pro itself doesn't seem to have write access. I'm not sure if it's due to me not setting up a 'local' directory correctly.

Currently, it's throwing up Warning: Destination file cannot be created: /mnt/local/... etc.

Can you post a picture of the dirsyncpro template, also, have you set the mounted nfs share inside the template setting to R/W Slave?

I'm thinking of adding the smb plugin back into the container, but at the time i'm having not much time...

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you post a picture of the dirsyncpro template, also, have you set the mounted nfs share inside the template setting to R/W Slave?

I'm thinking of adding the smb plugin back into the container, but at the time i'm having not much time...

Yeah, I've selected RW/Slave.

Opening the Container command line and navigating to the mounted directory allowed me to use mkdir to make a folder I could see in both the SMB and NFS fileshare of the raspberry pi, so pretty sure that write access is working,

I'm guessing I've messed up the DirSyncPro container in some way that breaks things.

I deleted and re-downloaded the plugin to recreate the container to make sure.

DirSuncPro_ContainerSetup.png

Unassigned_NFS.png

8 hours ago, Shamalamadindong said:

Any idea why MagicMirror is so stubborn on running on 8080? If i change it i just get "Cannot GET /auth/"

Where have you changed it only in the docker template or also in your config file?

I recommend always if you change a port to first change it in the setting/config of the game/application itself and then delte the port inside the template and create a new one with the corresponding port and protocol.

12 hours ago, Hazza64 said:

Yeah, I've selected RW/Slave.

Opening the Container command line and navigating to the mounted directory allowed me to use mkdir to make a folder I could see in both the SMB and NFS fileshare of the raspberry pi, so pretty sure that write access is working,

I'm guessing I've messed up the DirSyncPro container in some way that breaks things.

I deleted and re-downloaded the plugin to recreate the container to make sure.

The config seems right but I have to look into it when i got time...

Eventually i will bring back the SMB syncing in the near future, but I have got little spare time at the moment...

On 5/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, ich777 said:

The config seems right but I have to look into it when i got time...

Eventually i will bring back the SMB syncing in the near future, but I have got little spare time at the moment...

Thanks for looking into this, the issue ended up being NFS permissions on the raspberry pi side.

Appreciate it!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:53 PM, ich777 said:

No doesn't require passtrough but you need to install the Linuxserver.io Nvidia plugin and install the version of your choice.

What are you going to do with this container?

Honestly I wanted to use unraid to be a streaming encoder. After buying unraid and trying multiple things, what guides didn't say is only some cpu's allow hardware passthru. I wanted to send video signal to a vm and use obs to use the GPU and steam to twitch. I would be satisfied if I could try to use x264 but it's really laggy for some reason even at like 480p that I tested. Was just going to test this Docker so see if I could install obs and use x264 as the encoder for streaming.

18 minutes ago, droopie said:

Honestly I wanted to use unraid to be a streaming encoder. After buying unraid and trying multiple things, what guides didn't say is only some cpu's allow hardware passthru. I wanted to send video signal to a vm and use obs to use the GPU and steam to twitch. I would be satisfied if I could try to use x264 but it's really laggy for some reason even at like 480p that I tested. Was just going to test this Docker so see if I could install obs and use x264 as the encoder for streaming.

That should be possible but since you also have to pass through a capture carde that could be difficult, but should be possible (Running it with privileged rights would be a good idea if you plan to pass through also a capture card).

If you use this container you have to sacrifice a nVidia GPU for it (of course you can share it with another container for transcoding or whatever).

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

That should be possible but since you also have to pass through a capture carde that could be difficult, but should be possible (Running it with privileged rights would be a good idea if you plan to pass through also a capture card).

If you use this container you have to sacrifice a nVidia GPU for it (of course you can share it with another container for transcoding or whatever).

So this won't technically passthru the gpu how a vm does since I can't do that with my CPU, but actually utilize it? For capture I do it over the network from obs to obs.

36 minutes ago, droopie said:

So this won't technically passthru the gpu how a vm does since I can't do that with my CPU, but actually utilize it? For capture I do it over the network from obs to obs.

Exactly, should also work if passthrough isn't supported by your CPU/Motherboard.

But you need to install the linuxserver.io plugin and install a image of your choice or download my prebuilt images with the newes nVidia drivers or you build the images/Kernel with the nVidia drivers yourself.

EDIT: If you capture from OBS to OBS over the network it should be no problem (I would give it probably a custom static IP).

Edited by ich777

Thanks for the MEGASync app! I've been running it on a VM for ages, and that has issues detecting files being removed or added due to NFS events (I believe), so this is perfect.

Worth pointing out to others that you'll want to add a path mapping from container /megasync to somewhere on your array, or you will fill up your Docker image pretty damn quick.

I'm also not sure what the /mnt/user mapping is for to be honest.

Cheers

1 hour ago, SudoPacman said:

Thanks for the MEGASync app! I've been running it on a VM for ages, and that has issues detecting files being removed or added due to NFS events (I believe), so this is perfect.

Worth pointing out to others that you'll want to add a path mapping from container /megasync to somewhere on your array, or you will fill up your Docker image pretty damn quick.

I'm also not sure what the /mnt/user mapping is for to be honest.

Cheers

Hope everything works as expected.

I mainly created the container to backup your files to MEGA that's why I haven't created a second entry.

You download things from there I think?

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, boomam said:

Is the latest DoH-Server image/template missing parts?  

Documentation says it binds to port 8053/TCP, yet there are no variables in the template to pass this port though.

Do i need to add that manually?

No nothing is missing, set it to custom mode and give it a static IP then all ports's are available and you don't have to set anything in the template.

It works since i've created the container on my server.

Also have you read the discription the address is: http://YOIRSTATICIP:8053/dns-query

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No nothing is missing, set it to custom mode and give it a static IP then all ports's are available and you don't have to set anything in the template.

It works since i've created the container on my server.

Also have you read the discription the address is: http://YOIRSTATICIP:8053/dns-query

I have read the description/guide on your git, yes.

It is not as clear as it could be. I would suggest perhaps an adjustment to the template that Unraid shows to make it very clear, like other containers. Just a suggestion  :)

Anyway, seems to work fine with a dedicated IP.

What would be the advantage of this container over something like Cloudflared? Just the choice of Google vs Cloudflare out the box? or does it offer some other things too?

23 minutes ago, boomam said:

I have read the description/guide on your git, yes.

It is not as clear as it could be. I would suggest perhaps an adjustment to the template that Unraid shows to make it very clear, like other containers. Just a suggestion  :)

Anyway, seems to work fine with a dedicated IP.

What would be the advantage of this container over something like Cloudflared? Just the choice of Google vs Cloudflare out the box? or does it offer some other things too?

It is set by default to enter a custom ip and also tge description in the container says that you should assign a custom ip to it.

You could pare it with pihole and doh client to protect yourself on the go and at home with all your mobile devices and also with adblocking (for instance i do that an my android phone with intra).

The main benefit in my mind is that you are in control of it.

EDIT: and with doh client you can setup your doh dns server thats how i use it:

DoH Client (use Google and some other doh services so that its spread across multiple providers) -> PiHole -> DoH Server

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It is set by default to enter a custom ip and also tge description in the container says that you should assign a custom ip to it.

You could pare it with pihole and doh client to protect yourself on the go and at home with all your mobile devices and also with adblocking (for instance i do that an my android phone with intra).

The main benefit in my mind is that you are in control of it.

EDIT: and with doh client you can setup your doh dns server thats how i use it:

DoH Client (use Google and some other doh services so that its spread across multiple providers) -> PiHole -> DoH Server

Does default to anything for me, its blank.

So the USP would be the better integration for mobile clients/multiple providers?

ok. I can understand that comparativly.

Thanks for responding!

4 minutes ago, boomam said:

Does default to anything for me, its blank.

Yes thats true, because i can't assign it a ip because i can't know your home network ip 192.168, 10.0, and many others... It's better for me to leave it empty and it warns you if you don't enter a ip if you click apply. ;)

9 minutes ago, boomam said:

So the USP would be the better integration for mobile clients/multiple providers?

Don't know what you mean exactly... :D

i also use it for my home network.

The DoH Client is that what have access to the multiple providers for the inital DNS querry, then PiHole has the IP from DoH Client as primary DNS resolver and filters all Ads, then i have set the PiHole DNS resolver in my DHCP client for all my home devices and use DoH Server for my mobile devices.

Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes thats true, because i can't assign it a ip because i can't know your home network ip 192.168, 10.0, and many others... It's better for me to leave it empty and it warns you if you don't enter a ip if you click apply. ;)

You misunderstand.  

It does not default to either a network type, or leave a blank box for the IP variable. Its not a case of not knowing the local subnet.

In combination with the general description not defining this as a step of configuration, there will be many installs that wont work as easily as you advertise. 

Having the variable be a default to, or a better description, would solve this issue. This is what other container templates do.

There is no 'warns you' either as a workaround as you claim.

The simple fact is that the description needs a minor adjustment to take this into account.

As the creator, you can choose whether to take that step or not.

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, boomam said:

You misunderstand.  

It does not default to either a network type, or leave a blank box for the IP variable. Its not a case of not knowing the local subnet.

In combination with the general description not defining this as a step of configuration, there will be many installs that wont work as easily as you advertise. 

Having the variable be a default to, or a better description, would solve this issue. This is what other container templates do.

There is no 'warns you' either as a workaround as you claim.

The simple fact is that the description needs a minor adjustment to take this into account.

As the creator, you can choose whether to take that step or not.

Thanks.

I will change the discription next week, weekend is family time and i only look from time to time here in the forums. ;)

EDIT: I also read my discription again and in step 4 it also says to configure the network mode.

But i will change that. ;)

EDIT2: i go another route and change the template. ;)