[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

My Magic Mirror goes black a few days ago .. after a while of tweaking i checked that there is no problem with my hardware .. my server just serves a black screen. 

I didnt changed anything and it was working before .. checkt the logs and no problems there .. but i just get a black screen when browsing to the url

4 hours ago, Wuast94 said:

My Magic Mirror goes black a few days ago .. after a while of tweaking i checked that there is no problem with my hardware .. my server just serves a black screen. 

I didnt changed anything and it was working before .. checkt the logs and no problems there .. but i just get a black screen when browsing to the url

I will look into that tomorrow. ;)

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Wuast94 said:

I now tested the MagicMirror and it seems to work fine, at least without any addons (don't use it personally).

Can you provide your log (on the dockerpage the little sheet icon on the right side or the blue text right - dependent on which View you enabled) so that I can look into it? I think that some plugin/addon causes the issue.

Attached the startup log magicmirror2.log and also a screenshot:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-10-07_11-35-21.thumb.png.94e105d0ff7e057316777bfda62f5194.png

14 minutes ago, Wuast94 said:

@ich777

Here is the log, its repeating

and sure you want a screenshot? Its just a black screen... 

Log.txt 3.53 kB · 0 downloads

No, don't want a screenshoot. :D

This was only to show you that it works OOB. ;)

Hmm really strange since the last entry says: 'Ready to go! Please point your browser to: http://0.0.0.0:8080' that should indicate that it runs.

Can you please try to download a new copy with a different name (eg: 'MagicMirror2Test' or something like that) and install your plugins/addons there?

I think there must be something wrong with a plugin/addon.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, ich777 said:

No, don't want a screenshoot. :D

This was only to show you that it works OOB. ;)

Hmm really strange since the last entry says: 'Ready to go! Please point your browser to: http://0.0.0.0:8080' that should indicate that it runs.

Can you please try to download a new copy with a different name (eg: 'MagicMirror2Test' or something like that) and install your plugins/addons there?

I think there must be something wrong with a plugin/addon.

Ok i finally found the issue... 
a module https://github.com/NolanKingdon/MMM-DailyPokemon is crashing since MM2 V2.13

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Bob@unraid said:

Thanks for the PhotoPrism docker. 

I tried some things some worked better some less. 

Is it possible to reset the whole docker? 

Thanks

Stop the container, delete the photoprism folder from your appdata directory and start it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ich777 Using PhotoPrism.   It's been 3 times now that I have to start from Sratch because at one point, the docker doesn't start and I lost the DB and have to start from as new.

I think it might be because the Database got corrupted.   I know that PhotoPrim support MySQL/MariaDB as the DB backend.   How can I configure the docker so it use MariaDB instead of the SQLite ?

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity.Types.Migrate(0xc0107fdc50)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity/entity.go:106 +0x234
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity.MigrateDb()
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity/entity.go:134 +0x2d
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/config.(*Config).InitDb(0xc0135fc200)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/config/db.go:110 +0x49
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/commands.startAction(0xc01c4fc580, 0x0, 0xc0135fc060)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/commands/start.go:71 +0x20a
github.com/urfave/cli.HandleAction(0xf4c6a0, 0x111a570, 0xc01c4fc580, 0xc01c4fc580, 0x0)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/app.go:526 +0xfd
github.com/urfave/cli.Command.Run(0x10a065f, 0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x17d78f0, 0x1, 0x1, 0x10b5d47, 0x11, 0x0, ...)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/command.go:174 +0x58e
github.com/urfave/cli.(*App).Run(0xc01c4e0380, 0xc00012c000, 0x2, 0x2, 0x0, 0x0)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/app.go:279 +0x7e8
main.main()
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/cmd/photoprism/photoprism.go:71 +0x529
usermod: no changes
panic: attempt to write a readonly database

8 hours ago, Pducharme said:

@ich777 Using PhotoPrism.   It's been 3 times now that I have to start from Sratch because at one point, the docker doesn't start and I lost the DB and have to start from as new.

I think it might be because the Database got corrupted.   I know that PhotoPrim support MySQL/MariaDB as the DB backend.   How can I configure the docker so it use MariaDB instead of the SQLite ?

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity.Types.Migrate(0xc0107fdc50)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity/entity.go:106 +0x234
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity.MigrateDb()
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/entity/entity.go:134 +0x2d
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/config.(*Config).InitDb(0xc0135fc200)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/config/db.go:110 +0x49
github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/commands.startAction(0xc01c4fc580, 0x0, 0xc0135fc060)
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/internal/commands/start.go:71 +0x20a
github.com/urfave/cli.HandleAction(0xf4c6a0, 0x111a570, 0xc01c4fc580, 0xc01c4fc580, 0x0)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/app.go:526 +0xfd
github.com/urfave/cli.Command.Run(0x10a065f, 0x5, 0x0, 0x0, 0x17d78f0, 0x1, 0x1, 0x10b5d47, 0x11, 0x0, ...)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/command.go:174 +0x58e
github.com/urfave/cli.(*App).Run(0xc01c4e0380, 0xc00012c000, 0x2, 0x2, 0x0, 0x0)
/go/pkg/mod/github.com/urfave/[email protected]/app.go:279 +0x7e8
main.main()
/go/src/github.com/photoprism/photoprism/cmd/photoprism/photoprism.go:71 +0x529
panic: attempt to write a readonly database

Please note that PhotoPrism is currently in somewhat of an alpha state...

This should give you a good understanding how to do it: Click

Add the corresponding variables ('PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER', 'PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DSN') and a database entry to you existing MariaDB and that should it be, never tried that but should work.

6 minutes ago, Keek Uras said:

Hello! With luckyBackup, is it unable to be ran on ports other that 8080? I've set it to 8085 and yet it still shows running on 8080. I've restarted the docker several times with no luck.

image.thumb.png.7790f4f904a678db91b791dc5012afff.png

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

This is because you've choosen the wrong network type I think...

Use br0 not Custom if you use custom it has it's own IP address on port 8080 then the ports doesn't matter because it has it's own IP address.

• Thanks 1
On 8/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, Greyberry said:

okay this was the solution for me:

• stop the container
  • delete everything except the "cfg" folder in the jdownloader2 program folder (which is mounted in appdata)
  • start the container again and let it update / reload the program

it seems that my installation was in a bad state.

maybe it would be worth considering only mounting the cfg folder into appdata and reload the program at each start, but i dont know.

👍🙂

Hi, i have to do that periodicly to keep the Click'n'Load feature functional.

Is there possibly a way that you create an container, where the programm is not loaded into appdata, but reloaded every restart automatically? Is there maybe a way i can do that?

best regards

5 minutes ago, Greyberry said:

Hi, i have to do that periodicly to keep the Click'n'Load feature functional.

Is there possibly a way that you create an container, where the programm is not loaded into appdata, but reloaded every restart automatically? Is there maybe a way i can do that?

That's really strange since I never had a problem since then (changed a little bit in the container so that this should never happen again) and also a buddy of me haven't got that problem since then.

Yes you can do that with a script, place it somewhere on your Unraid server (I recommend not to place it in the jdownloader directory since the script is executed as root on each start of the container) and name it 'jDownloader.sh' and put in something like this:

#!/bin/bash
if [ -f ${DATA_DIR}/JDownloader.jar ]; then
	rm -rf ${DATA_DIR}/JDownloader.jar
fi

Then create a new path in template with the container path '/opt/scripts/user.sh' and the host path to the script eg: '/mnt/user/appdata/jDownloader.sh' (please note that you have to write 'user.sh' and 'jDownloader.sh' since you can't select it from the dropdown.

Then the container will execute the script on each start (as root) and delete the JDownloader.jar inside your appdata directory and move it again over - hope this is what you want...

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

Hi, is there a possibility to add VNC support for using chrome with Apache Guacamole? Looks like chrome uses less resources than firefox.

I don't do those kind of builds eventually @linuxserver.io or @Djoss can look into this.

Why has it to be Apache Guacamole?

EDIT: You actually can do that change the network from bridge to custom give it a static IP in your network an you can connect to it with the standard VNC port 5900 and the static IP that you assigned from Apache Guacamole if you mean that.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Why has it to be Apache Guacamole?

I read often to use Apache Guacamole with Firefox to enter the Unraid GUI. Like in that guide https://technicalramblings.com/blog/remotely-accessing-the-unraid-gui-with-guacamole-and-vnc-web-browser/

Yesterday i saw your chrome docker. At the first look, chrome uses less cpu and ram in idle and usage than firefox. So i want to switch over to chrome.

If you already have SWAG from @linuxserver.io or some other Reverse Proxy installed you can that do also with this container and http auth.

You don't have to do it over Apache Guacamole

Have you installed SWAG or some other reverse proxy container?

If so I can help you with this. ;)

Apache Guacamole is also a web based VNC viewer like NoVNC that I use in my containers.

EDIT: I've read through the linked tutorial and think there are better ways to do that. ;)

Depending if you want to do it over a VPN or over SWAG/Letsencrypt

So, i am running SWAG (switched over from lentsencryp docker last weekend... that was a hard sunday) with Organizr Auth, Fail2Ban, GeoBlock. But i read often, by the name of god i should never open my unraid GUI with an Reverse Proxy to the web. So i am using the "apache guacamole" way.

I am open for other solution.

12 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

So, i am running SWAG (switched over from lentsencryp docker last weekend... that was a hard sunday) with Organizr Auth, Fail2Ban, GeoBlock. But i read often, by the name of god i should never open my unraid GUI with an Reverse Proxy to the web. So i am using the "apache guacamole" way.

I am open for other solution.

No, you are understanding that wrong, you secure it with http auth and it's not open to anything.

Http auth combined with fail2ban is one of the strongest methodes to secure access to it, of course better methodes exist nowerdays for example 2factor authentication.

7 hours ago, sonic6 said:

So you say, if i am doing it like following, i am safe?:

-link unraid GUI through SWAG like gui.mydomain.de

-only access while using organizr auth (organizr2 docker) with F2B and 2FA (like google auth app)

No I'm not saying that.

You asked for a way to connect to chrome from outside and the access the webgui from chrome.