[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

11 minutes ago, AinzOolGown said:

Hi there ! :)

I have a little problem with the Ferdi-client's docker :

It's launching good but it's not reachable.

Here's the log :

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Can't get latest version of Ferdi-Client, putting container into sleep mode!---

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Can't get latest version of Ferdi-Client, putting container into sleep mode!---

I tried to manually pull the docker's image but same error :/

Thank you ^^

The container simply can't get the latest version number of the ferdi client.

Can you try if you can reach this url:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient

The container tries to get the version number from the above link on every start restart and if ferdi client is not installed and cant get the version number then you see this error.

Have you installed pihole in your network?

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The container simply can't get the latest version number of the ferdi client.

Can you try if you can reach this url:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient

It's saying :

LATEST=5.5.0

UPDATED=2020-11-08T09:05Z

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you installed pihole in your network?

Yes i have, PiHole's blocking the connection ?

Will investigate ^^

Thanks

Edit : No blocking from PiHole :/
Edit2 : Just tried your Chrome's docker and all is fine

Edited by AinzOolGown
Update2
22 minutes ago, AinzOolGown said:

It's saying :

LATEST=5.5.0

UPDATED=2020-11-08T09:05Z

Yes i have, PiHole's blocking the connection ?

Will investigate ^^

Thanks

Edit : No blocking from PiHole :/
Edit2 : Just tried your Chrome's docker and all is fine

One moment please I try the container myself.

But I know for sure that it works a user from Germany is using the container and it works flawlessly.

Can you also reach the file from inside the container?

Click on the container and on console and try to type in 'wget LINKFROMABOVE'

The chrome container works a little different. Try something like TheLounge.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you also reach the file from inside the container?

Click on the container and on console and try to type in 'wget LINKFROMABOVE'

Nope :

# wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient
--2020-11-08 11:07:04--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘raw.githubusercontent.com’

3 minutes ago, AinzOolGown said:

Nope :

# wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient
--2020-11-08 11:07:04--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/versions/master/FerdiClient
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘raw.githubusercontent.com’

Yep, then something is blocking the URL or it simply can't resolve the address... Also had that problem with some URL's with PiHole since then I set the Network settings for Unraid itself to manual and assigned the DNS server from my firewall/router and not that from PiHole so that all containers have exclusive access to the internet (in my oppinion this is the right way to do it since the containers or Unraid itself doesn't need ad blocking).

What you also can try is to edit the template and enable the advanced view on the top right corner and under Extra Parameters add: '--dns 8.8.8.8' so the container uses Googles DNS resolver instead of PiHole (you can of course set it to your routers DNS ip).

Here is a full startup log from the container tried it a few minutes ago, please give it some time at the first startup since it download's Ferdi Client itself:

ferdi-client.log

Bildschirmfoto_2020-11-08_11-10-21.thumb.png.c01e2cd9a91a67c990892ff452179251.png

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yep, then something is blocking the URL or it simply can't resolve the address... Also had that problem with some URL's with PiHole since then I set the Network settings for Unraid itself to manual and assigned the DNS server from my firewall/router and not that from PiHole so that all containers have exclusive access to the internet (in my oppinion this is the right way to do it since the containers or Unraid itself doesn't need ad blocking).

What you also can try is to edit the template and enable the advanced view on the top right corner and under Extra Parameters add: '--dns 8.8.8.8' so the container uses Googles DNS resolver instead of PiHole (you can of course set it to your routers DNS ip).

Here is a full startup log from the container tried it a few minutes ago, please give it some time at the first startup since it download's Ferdi Client itself:

ferdi-client.log 773 B · 0 downloads

Bildschirmfoto_2020-11-08_11-10-21.thumb.png.c01e2cd9a91a67c990892ff452179251.png

Hum, ok, sorry ^^

Checked Docker's gateway :

Docker.thumb.PNG.546082820025f7f614667468024fb7c7.PNG

Unraid network's :

Network.thumb.PNG.82b5bffd78a681766d39007509cc04d0.PNG

And Added parameter in Ferdi conf :

ferdic.thumb.PNG.e0e000b0e240118251b82c3ada3d7f6f.PNG

But no success :/

Do you see something wrong in my config ?

(192.168.1.1 is my router)

Edited by AinzOolGown

Thats really really strange is 192.168.1.1 your router?

Have you also set the primary dns to 192.168.1.1?

Can you try to put it in like '--dns=8.8.8.8'

Something with the dns seems wrin you could also try to put Cloudflares DNS servers in: 1.1.1.1 or from your router 192.168.1.1

• Thanks 1

Ok, thank you very much for your incredible support !

Belive me or not guys, that was "my" fault :/ (so so so so so sorry😢)

The culprit was found, it seems that there was an *unknow* rule set on my ISP box (i cannot access all its settings 😡) and i discovered it when i tried to set a fixed IP on ferdi-client's container. So i just changed IP and all went fine...

So sorry ich777 to have spoiled so much of your time on this 😢

But, thank you so much ! :)

Edited by AinzOolGown
  • Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 1:28 AM, ich777 said:

Can you post a screenshot from your template with the show more advanced open?

Have you changed something in the template itself?

What have you done so far?

EDIT: are you running a second container that is connecting via openvpn? Which unraid version are you running?

Screen shot below. Didn't make any changes to template. After multiple attempts, tried putting the --device.... line in extra parms. Tried host instead of bridge. And yes, I do have another docker running OpenVPN (binhex-qbittorrent). I was looking to set this up and then just run straight dockers (non-vpn-combo) through this. I did try and shutdown the other docker, but no luck. Unraid is 6.8.3.

image.thumb.png.638adece7feed44b7f259e8b0a1eb0b8.png

2 hours ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Screen shot below.

Thank you.

After multiple attempts, tried putting the --device.... line in extra parms.

The device is mapped at the advanced settings so you don't have to add it again.

Unraid is 6.8.3

I'm on 6.8.9beta30 and there is no problem but what you can try is to look if the directory '/dev/net' exists on Unraid itself.

Open up a terminal and type in 'ls -la /dev/net' then you should see something like this:

grafik.png.f5c0f6b71642337f913c677cf763a1a0.png

You can also try to create the base directory /dev/net with 'mkdir -p /dev/net' and then try to start the container.

Have you put in any files in the directory of the container (if so please remove them and see if the container start fine without them, it should at least start and wait for commands, if it starts please also attach a screenshot)?

Please let me know if it works.

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm on 6.8.9beta30 and there is no problem but what you can try is to look if the directory '/dev/net' exists on Unraid itself.

Nope, /dev/net didn't exist. 

You can also try to create the base directory /dev/net with 'mkdir -p /dev/net' and then try to start the container.

Tried that. No joy.

Have you put in any files in the directory of the container (if so please remove them and see if the container start fine without them, it should at least start and wait for commands, if it starts please also attach a screenshot)?

Did a clean install of the docker (removed and then removed the folders for it), still same thing..../dev/net/tun doesn't exist and docker fails.

HOWEVER......after some Googling and a couple of stiff drinks......found this link and was able to get the container to start and work properly by creating the /dev/net/tun and setting the permissions.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/tuntap.txt

Only issue I might have is when I restart Unraid, the module might not get loaded, which means the container will fail to start until it is manually loaded. Not going to worry about it at the moment since it will be a couple of days before I can restart the server to see what happens. 

Thanks for all the help!!!!

1 hour ago, jmbailey2000 said:

Only issue I might have is when I restart Unraid, the module might not get loaded, which means the container will fail to start until it is manually loaded.

You can load it again by adding a few lines to the 'go' file in your config directory on your boot stick.

I think I will mark the container with a required version of 6.9.0beta30 and up...

Hi Ich! Thank you so much for all your hard work. I was wondering if I could make a request? Space Engineers dedicated server. It uses steamCMD like a lot of your other game containers. I found a couple github repos, only one for linux but they're all pretty old and outdated. Nothing on docker hub.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Simmer said:

Space Engineers dedicated server.

Sadly enough this game is designed without Linux in mind and I tried it several times to create a container with WINE but this game simply won't run on Linux. This is a game for Windows only.

Btw, this is the wrong thread. ;)

Just now, michael123 said:

Yes, PhotoPrism 

Oh now I see, I think this link will help you Click

The Originals folder are just meant, more or less, to be where the Photos are finaly stored, I would strongly recommend that you first put it in your Input folder and then Photoprism will do all the work and process the images and put it then to your Originals folder, hope that makes sense to you...

The above link will explain this a little bit better, but I would always recommend to first do an import.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh now I see, I think this link will help you Click

The Originals folder are just meant, more or less, to be where the Photos are finaly stored, I would strongly recommend that you first put it in your Input folder and then Photoprism will do all the work and process the images and put it then to your Originals folder, hope that makes sense to you...

The above link will explain this a little bit better, but I would always recommend to first do an import.

I want to index, rather than import. I read docs before. 

How do I define in Docker GUI multiple source (pictures) folders? 

2 minutes ago, michael123 said:

I want to index, rather than import. I read docs before. 

How do I define in Docker GUI multiple source (pictures) folders? 

You can add another path to the originals folder but with a subfolder, I think that should work like: Containerpath: '/photoprism/originals/user1' Hostpath: '/mnt/user/pathtouser1' then another one with Containerpath: '/photoprism/originals/user2' Hostpath: '/mnt/user/pathtouser2'

You can also set it as read only so that Photoprism can't edit the files or path...

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can add another path to the originals folder but with a subfolder, I think that should work like: Containerpath: '/photoprism/originals/user1' Hostpath: '/mnt/user/pathtouser1' then another one with Containerpath: '/photoprism/originals/user2' Hostpath: '/mnt/user/pathtouser2'

You can also set it as read only so that Photoprism can't edit the files or path...

Yep, this I also read, including yamls, but where do I put this into template (web)? 

5 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Yep, this I also read, including yamls, but where do I put this into template (web)? 

Oh sorry, yes, here is an example just edit the container and click on the button 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' and create it like so (and eventually change the acces mode to 'Read only', you can also type in a name if you want to):

grafik.thumb.png.1c64c04041e85e78ebb4523f79c12f8d.png

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sadly enough this game is designed without Linux in mind and I tried it several times to create a container with WINE but this game simply won't run on Linux. This is a game for Windows only.

Btw, this is the wrong thread. ;)

Oh shoot! Didn't realize wrong thread, sorry. I appreciate your reply though. Sucks that it won't work!

Cheers :)

• Like 1