[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

On 10/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, ich777 said:

My versions are different because I take another approach of updating the containers, the containers update on every start/restart and download the binaries directly from the official repos/github itself.

Optimized for Unraid in my Github and on Dockerhub means that the variables are tweaked to fit Unraid nicly.

Also some people got problems with moved downloads or if the Containers create a folder for a TV Show or Movie, sometimes you can't delete or edit a file, this problem should now be resolved, hopefully.

Thank you appreciate that! I do my best to answer questions and resolve problems as quick as possible.

If you got any further questions feel free to contact me again. :)

I am hitting exactly this issue with Sonarr.  I have mirrored the setup on release 3 using your set up to my original binhex release 2.  Everything looks to be working.  However when the file downloads it never renames or moves, which suggests it could be a permissions issue?  I have tried a few tweaks to the set up (set and hope approach) but cannot seem to get it to work.  Did this get resolved?

By the way I do like your approach to download the latest version of start up and is working well for me.

12 minutes ago, acetuk said:

I am hitting exactly this issue with Sonarr.  I have mirrored the setup on release 3 using your set up to my original binhex release 2.  Everything looks to be working.  However when the file downloads it never renames or moves, which suggests it could be a permissions issue?  I have tried a few tweaks to the set up (set and hope approach) but cannot seem to get it to work.  Did this get resolved?

By the way I do like your approach to download the latest version of start up and is working well for me.

Have you set the download path right in the container itself? It has to be the same as in your other containers (my path is /mnt/downloads). If not this is the actual problem.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, ich777 said:

Have you set the download path right in the container itself? It has to be the same as in your other containers (my path is /mnt/downloads). If not this is the actual problem.

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you on this.  I have Sonarr version 2 and version 3 both running on the same Unraid server.  I have checked that all docker paths and Sonarr settings are identical (at least as far as I can see).  Both versions trigger a download fine to SABnzbd but at the end version 2 will move the completed file across to the correct folder.  Version 3 keeps failing, stating that there are no files to import.  I have to say that the download is actually being actioned on a separate Unraid server but both can see the drive path fine through unassigned devices so I cannot see why that is an issue.  Although it could be but if so what is different between the settings of the two versions?  All help appreciated!

2 minutes ago, acetuk said:

I have to say that the download is actually being actioned on a separate Unraid server

May I ask why?

3 minutes ago, acetuk said:

unassigned devices

So you are mounted this with a SMB share am I right? Have you set it to Read/write slave in the template?

So the path on the Ubuntu machine is also /mnt/downloads?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask why?

So you are mounted this with a SMB share am I right? Have you set it to Read/write slave in the template?

So the path on the Ubuntu machine is also /mnt/downloads?

I have two Unraid servers running, something I set up some time ago.  One acts as my media server (Server00) and is where Sonarr and SABnzbd are set up.  The other (Server01) is used for more general file storage and where more processor intensive dockers / activity take place.  Both of those servers are old PC's that I have repurposed with limited storage capacity and processors.  At some point I will upgrade everything but it's not a priority right now and managing the use of the two servers together has been interesting to go through.

Regarding Sonarr 2 and 3 they are both set up with the docker media path pointing to the same path on the same server '/mnt/user/Media/TV/' and the download queue set up as RW/Slave to a path to Server01 as '/mnt/disks/192.168.1.3_Downloads/'.  I checked everything again today, all of the media management settings are the same.

I then stopped both Sonarr dockers just to be sure of what then happens.  I started Sonarr 3 and tried downloading a file, the download triggered, finished and then error stating that there were no matching files (or something like that).  I deleted the download file, stopped Sonarr 3 and started Sonarr 2.  Tried the same file and it worked as expected - the file downloaded and moved to the required folder.

I have tried deleting Sonarr 3 and setting it up again.  I have tried just about every obvious setting I can see, comparing the two Sonarr versions.  But no joy.

If you can think of anything it will be appreciated.

7 hours ago, acetuk said:

same path on the same server

Not the host path is important, the container path has to be exactly the same in every container. Or have you setup the container path also the same? I would recommend that you setup the container path's something like /mnt/downloads (where you point it to the right path on the host) and also something like /mnt/tv

I gave DebianBuster-Nvidia an install. 

Seems to install just fine, but when I run startx i'm presented with.

hostname: Temporary failure in name resolution
xauth:  file /root/.Xauthority does not exist
xauth: (stdin):1:  bad display name "58e8ee56adca:0" in "add" command

X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-10-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux 58e8ee56adca 5.8.18-Unraid #1 SMP Mon Nov 2 07:15:12 PST 2020 x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
Build Date: 27 August 2020  08:51:48AM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u1 (https://www.debian.org/support) 
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Mon Nov 23 23:02:02 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(EE) 
Fatal server error:
(EE) xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 8 (No such file or directory)
(EE) 
(EE) 
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
         at http://wiki.x.org
 for help. 
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE) 
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

3 minutes ago, kizer said:

Clicked on Docker, Clicked on Console and typed startx

You don't have to do that since the container already does this.

What does the log say if you start it normal?

Should look something like this: debian.log

If it looks like this you should be able to connect to it with VNC, eventually if everything started up fine the fans should ramp down:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-11-24_09-11-47.png.c4b28722cd8788a44c8da0c440c56f42.png

This is the last start simply by starting the Docker

X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 4.19.0-10-amd64 x86_64 Debian
Current Operating System: Linux b3593d02d304 5.8.18-Unraid #1 SMP Mon Nov 2 07:15:12 PST 2020 x86_64
Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot
Build Date: 27 August 2020 08:51:48AM
xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1+deb10u1 (https://www.debian.org/support)
Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
to make sure that you have the latest version.
Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Nov 24 09:22:30 2020
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) no screens found(EE)
(EE)
for help.
(EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
(EE)

This is my current stat of my GPU while Transcoding an old AVI file. Plex says (hw) next to it so I can only assume its doing its thing. 

On my attached file below I recall it saying P8 earlier and I thought it was louder. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 12.21.43 AM.png

3 minutes ago, kizer said:

This is my current stat of my GPU while Transcoding an old AVI file. Plex says (hw) next to it so I can only assume its doing its thing. 

Yep, you can see actually that you GPU is doing something because P0 is the highest power state and at Sessions it shows 1.

Can you try to change the value at 'Xorg Dsplay Output Port:' to 0 (oh there is a typo in the Variable name).

Ran it again after changing Xorg Display Output to 0

--Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Trying to get Nvidia device address---
---Successfully got device ID: 02:00:0---
---Trying to get Nvidia driver version---

---Successfully got driver version: 455.38---

---Checking Xwrapper.config---
---Configuring Xwrapper.config---
---Downloading and installing Nvidia Driver v455.38---

---Configuring Locales to: en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8---
Generating locales (this might take a while)...
en_US.UTF-8... done
en_US.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
---Starting...---
---Preparing Server---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Checking for old lock files---
---Starting dbus service---
---dbus service started---
---Starting Xfce4---
---Starting x11vnc server---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Flash security policy server
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Flash security policy server
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting Pulseaudio server---
E: [pulseaudio] client-conf-x11.c: xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
Can't open display :0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listing possible outputs and screen modes:

''
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Looks like your highest possible output on: '' is: ''---

---Trying to set the resolution to: '' on output: ''---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------If you want to set the resolution manually please create a file--------
---------in /debian/.config/container.cfg with the following contents:---------
Resolution: 1920x1080
Output: HDMI-0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Change the resolution and output to your specific configuration/preference---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Starting Pulseaudio server---
E: [pulseaudio] client-conf-x11.c: xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
Listing possible outputs and screen modes:

''

---Looks like your highest possible output on: '' is: ''---

---Trying to set the resolution to: '' on output: ''---

--------If you want to set the resolution manually please create a file--------
---------in /debian/.config/container.cfg with the following contents:---------
Resolution: 1920x1080
Output: HDMI-0
---Change the resolution and output to your specific configuration/preference---

(EE)
Fatal server error:

(EE) no screens found(EE)
(EE)
for help.
(EE)

2 minutes ago, kizer said:

I've changed the variable and the Xorg in so many different combinations. lol

If you done that it can be that it doesn't work as in my testing when I created the container back then... :D

A restart will fix this... :P

Eventually the persistence mode/daemon can fix the fan speed issue for you but Nvidia eventually will deprecate this feature/daemon soon.

The container definitely works since I already answered a few questions about, I think it was 'Lutris' for this container.

Don't know if you ever have a use case for this container because I mainly created it to play games over Steam Remote Play.

1 minute ago, alturismo said:

@ich777 ahead thanks alot for the chrome docker, may a question about sync ...

as soon i want to use my google account to activate sync ... known or by demand ? couldnt really find a solution therefore now

I think I know what this is let me investigate, but keep in mind that this maybe one thing I can't fix...