[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Hei ich777 thanks a lot for the docker images i have a question regarding de nvidia debian buster image.

Firstly i have a scuffed laptop setup, i can't disable my 950M in the bios, does the laptop monitor count as a monitor itself?

it looks like it does not find one

------------------------------------------------------
-------'DFP_NR' is empty please make sure that--------
---you've connected a monitor to the Graphics Card----
---otherwise the container will not properly start!---
------------------------------------------------------
---Trying to get Nvidia device address---
---Successfully got device ID: 01:00:0---

But it finds my card, nvidia-smi works in the container (if i start with 0-3 in the Xorg Display Output Port setting i don't get this error)

Then it doesn't find any outputs. I've seen your example log and mine is empty

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listing possible outputs and screen modes:

'Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 640 x 480, maximum 16384 x 16384'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---Looks like your highest possible output on: '' is: ''---

---Setting resolution to: on output: ---
warning: output --mode not found; ignoring

Do you think i can make it work?

Edit in noVNC i get a little (10px x 10px) "Screen" i even got a alert sound once. on hover my cursor changes to the OS cursor.

881017659_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.52bf6f3e8c4d7c39149a7b5fdf4f970e.png

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. N552VX, Version 1.0
# (DebianBuster-Nvidia) lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Skylake Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 07)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsystem (rev 31)
00:15.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #0 (rev 31)
00:15.1 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #1 (rev 31)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 31)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev f1)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev f1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] (rev a2)
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59)
03:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8411B PCI Express Card Reader (rev 01)
03:00.1 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 
(DebianBuster-Nvidia)
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] (rev a2)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M]
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 126
        Memory at de000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at df000000 [disabled] [size=512K]
        Capabilities: <access denied>
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia

Xorg.0.log.txt

docker.log.txt

Edited by gr44b
added info about novnc
44 minutes ago, stefan marton said:

simply question : i can connect to thunderbird docker with vnc client and not with webpage of novnc ?

i have try but i have this error : The connection closed unexpectedly.

Can you attach a log or anything? It is very difficullty to troubleshoot with nothing. :)

Also please attach a screenshot of the template page and a screenshot from the error (full window screenshot would be best).

EDIT: Oh sorry or do you want to connect with a VNC client?

EDIT2: If you want to connect over a VNC Desktop client do the following:

1. Go to the Docker page and click on the icon of the container and click on Edit
  2. Click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device'
  3. Select 'Port'
  4. Enter '5900' at Container Port
  5. Enter your preferred port number at Host Port for example '5910'
  6. Click on 'Add'
  7. Click on 'Apply'

Then you should be able to connect to the container over the port number that you've entered in step 5.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Go to the Docker page and click on the icon of the container and click on Edit

1. Click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device'
  2. Select 'Port'
  3. Enter '5900' at Container Port
  4. Enter your preferred port number at Host Port for example '5910'
  5. Click on 'Add'
  6. Click on 'Apply'

work perfectly thank

• Like 1

Hi, I'm in the process of setting up your thinderbird docker and have some questions:

How can I open links in mails on my local machine (the computer I use to connect to thunderbird via noVNC webUI)?

I know I could copy and paste the link, but I would prefer that they open when I click them. Is that possible?

How would I import contacts or calendars?

3 hours ago, McFex said:

How can I open links in mails on my local machine (the computer I use to connect to thunderbird via noVNC webUI)?

I know I could copy and paste the link, but I would prefer that they open when I click them. Is that possible?

You could use a VNC desktop client than copy and past would work, at least for the clipboard, like TightVNC or TigerVNC.

The only thing you have to do is to add another port mapping to the container template, see two posts above.

3 hours ago, McFex said:

How would I import contacts or calendars?

If you want do import physical files you can copy it to the main directory of thunderbird that lives in your appdata folder and the import it in the container, in thunderbird go then to /thunderbird/yourcal.cal file.

Or you could map a dirctory where you can save attachments and access it on the Host or even over samba.

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

You could use a VNC desktop client than copy and past would work, at least for the clipboard, like TightVNC or TigerVNC.

The only thing you have to do is to add another port mapping to the container template, see two posts above.

If you want do import physical files you can copy it to the main directory of thunderbird that lives in your appdata folder and the import it in the container, in thunderbird go then to /thunderbird/yourcal.cal file.

Or you could map a dirctory where you can save attachments and access it on the Host or even over samba.

Thank you, I'll try the VNC solution and also mapping another directory for import/export.

• Like 1

I can't get the ferdi-client docker to display at any resolution higher than 1280x768 (the default setting). Whenever I change it in the docker template, the container starts fine (no errors in the logs) and I can even establish a connection via noVNC. However, I just get a black screen with the dimensions of the desired resolution.

Is it possible to increase the resolution? This docker is not usable at the default resolution for me :(

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved my issue.... when I edited the path for completed downloads in your container I inadvertently typed the mountpoint for completed downloads as /CompletedDL. In the SAB .ini file I had this set to /Completed, not /CompletedDL. Simple fix, but I'm still going to blame it on my medical cannabis usage. 🥴

@ich777 Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm having permission issues with your SABnzbd container. I searched this topic looking for 'permissions sabnzbd' but the results that came back didn't help. I have been using the binhex container which was working with no issues, but it doesn't support use of prerelease or beta builds. As your container does, I decided to give it a try. I backed up my binhex-sabnzbd appdata folder after stopping it from both the webgui and then from unRAID's Docker tab. I set it to not auto-start but left it installed.

I then installed your container from CA, adding the paths/mountpoints that I used with the binhex version. I changed the http port to 7070 as 8080 and others were already in use. I also changed from the latest tag to prerelease. The version of SABnzbd pulled was 3.2.0 beta 1. Side note: not specific to your container but I wish installing a container didn't actually start it at the end of a successful install. As it did start right away, I then stopped your version both in the webgui and via the unRAID Docker tab. I then copied the .ini file from the binhex install to your container. SABnzbd started up with no errors after replacing the .ini file so I added a .nzb to test. The incomplete and monitored folder for incoming .nzb files worked properly, but the final folder for completed downloads is throwing permission errors.

The folder for completed downloads actually resides on my media unRAID server, whereas the SAB container (and others like it) runs from my 2nd unRAID system. The PID and UID values are the same in both containers, but I did notice that your container has a DATA_PERM variable that by default was set to 770. I've tried changing that to 777 but it made no difference. I also ran the Docker-safe New Permissions tool on the media unRAID to ensure things are OK. I even stopped your container and re-started the binhex version which still works with no permission errors.

I used the same paths as in the binhex version, with the final 'Downloads' folder being accessed at /mnt/remotes/mediaunraid/General/Complete. I had some issues with this in the binhex version when Unassigned Devices made the change to mounting remote shares in /mnt/remotes instead of the previously used /mnt/disks. Even though UD puts a symlink to the remote shares in /mnt/disks, I still had to change the path to use /mnt/remotes/ instead of /mnt/disks. And as mentioned above, the binhex container does still work using the /mnt/remotes pathing.

This is probably something super-simple but I'm getting nowhere on my own, probably because I'm a little over-medicated from my medicinal cannabis usage. :D Any idea what might be causing the permission errors when SABnzbd tries to unpack and create folders on my media unRAID? Let me know if you need any screenshots or logs.... thanks!

Edited by AgentXXL
spelling; solved my own issue - see top of post
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, njdowdy said:

at any resolution higher than 1280x768

May I ask to which resolution you want to set it?

Can you anyways post the logs after setting the resolution? You sould also have a novnc.log and a x11nc.log in the appdata directory can you post them as well?

• Thanks 1

Hi, and thank you for your containers!

I've downloaded Firefox and it worked perfect out of the box.

But I tried to connect it to my binhex-qbittorrent-vpn container to put the browser behind VPN and couldn't get it to work. I've done some other containers this way so I thought it would work the same but no go.

Since sabNZBd uses port 8080 I changed it to :8082 for Firefox (changed container port, host port and web-ui to :8082). Added extra parameter --net.

Skarmavbild-2021-01-18-kl.-13.21.33.png

Added port 8082 in binhex-qbittorrent-vpn

Skarmavbild-2021-01-18-kl.-13.05.39.png

But it still show that it uses port 8080

Skarmavbild-2021-01-18-kl.-13.23.22.png

And I can only access it through http://192.168.1.4:8080/vnc.html?autoconnect=true not 8082.

I can confirm that the browser uses the VPN, so it does work. But it clashes with sabNZBd that uses :8080. Why isn't it using port 8082?

Is there any other way of doing this? I'm quite a noob so I have probably c*cked this up somehow... 😅

51 minutes ago, kim_sv said:

But it still show that it uses port 8080

This is pretty normal since I expose port 8080 but nothing to worry about.

Added a quick fix.

You now have the ability to change the port easily but you have to do a grafik.png.45e7e5666b64ace799ec6db3251f1f77.png (force update) of the container first.

Then go to the template of Firefox and click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' then select 'Variable' and at key enter 'NOVNC_PORT' and as value your prefered port, in your example '8082' then click on Add and Apply.

Then go to the VPN container and add a port forwarding from 8082 to 8082 and you should now be able to access the container over that port (like you did already I think, of course you have to route the traffic from the Firefox Container through the VPN container).

Btw, as I said it will still show 8080 but actually the VNC Server runs on Port 8082 if you add this Variable to the Firefox container.

EDIT: Sorry had to do another update and change the Variable name from VNC_PORT to NOVNC_PORT

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Added a quick fix.

You now have the ability to change the port easily but you have to do a grafik.png.45e7e5666b64ace799ec6db3251f1f77.png (force update) of the container first.

Then go to the template of Firefox and click on 'Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device' then select 'Variable' and at key enter 'NOVNC_PORT' and as value your prefered port, in your example '8082' then click on Add and Apply.

Then go to the VPN container and add a port forwarding from 8082 to 8082 and you should now be able to access the container over that port (like you did already I think, of course you have to route the traffic from the Firefox Container through the VPN container).

Btw, as I said it will still show 8080 but actually the VNC Server runs on Port 8082 if you add this Variable to the Firefox container.

EDIT: Sorry had to do another update and change the Variable name from VNC_PORT to NOVNC_PORT

Thank you ich777 for your very rapid response and for helping me!

I did what you described:

Skarmavbild-2021-01-18-kl.-19.22.45.png

and unfortunately it gave me this when surfing to http://192.168.1.4:8082/vnc.html?autoconnect=true:

Skarmavbild-2021-01-18-kl.-19.23.19.png

and when I tried 8080 instead of 8082 in the URL it gave me a rolling loading icon for the VNC.

7 minutes ago, kim_sv said:

I did what you described:

You entered 'NOVNC_PORT' at 'Name' and not 'Key'!

I tried it now and it works just fine...

8 minutes ago, kim_sv said:

and when I tried 8080 instead of 8082 in the URL it gave me a rolling loading icon for the VNC.

Yeah, that's actually because your browser has cached the site, delete the browser cache and it will not be reachable...

• Thanks 1
On 1/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, ich777 said:

May I ask to which resolution you want to set it?

Can you anyways post the logs after setting the resolution? You sould also have a novnc.log and a x11nc.log in the appdata directory can you post them as well?

Thank you for your reply! While I was trying to obtain the information you requested, this functionality starting working! It now adjusts the resolution at least to 1600x900 and 1920x1080. So, that's great! I have no idea what changed...

However, I am experiencing what I assume are compression artifacts. Is there anything I can do about this? See:

image.png.525b6237b6e70e0ea594fedfb822fabd.png

I have experienced this in other dockers using novnc, but those dockers included an option in the side-bar menu > "Settings" > "Advanced" to adjust compression level. That seems to be missing here (other docker on left; ferdi docker on right).

image.png.61b8993ddc22f7a5dc8e1505df2db7bf.pngimage.png.61274a290b6da0942fcb390f1a422e04.png

Thank you again!

7 hours ago, njdowdy said:

Thank you for your reply! While I was trying to obtain the information you requested, this functionality starting working! It now adjusts the resolution at least to 1600x900 and 1920x1080. So, that's great! I have no idea what changed...

What resolution gave you problems? The picture that you've posted looks like if you take a picture with something like 300x150 and resize it to 1000x500.

Do you use any stretch or scaling options within noVNC?

7 hours ago, njdowdy said:

However, I am experiencing what I assume are compression artifacts. Is there anything I can do about this?

Are you stretching the image? I don't experience this in the DebianBuster Container only if you stretch or zoom the image drastically.

Here is a screenshot:

grafik.png.7ecb353016581ec17dca764a0e1f49f8.png

On 1/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, ich777 said:

Added a quick fix.

Hey ich777!

I have the same problem with your jdownloader2 container. I'd like to change the port from 8080 to anything else and route the traffic through my delugevpn container. What would be the right approach here?

Any help is appreciated and thanks for your containers!

27 minutes ago, SiggiSpak said:

I have the same problem with your jdownloader2 container. I'd like to change the port from 8080 to anything else and route the traffic through my delugevpn container. What would be the right approach here?

Done, please force an update of the container and you can now change the port like I described in the post for the Ferdi-Client Container:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ich777 said:

What resolution gave you problems? The picture that you've posted looks like if you take a picture with something like 300x150 and resize it to 1000x500.

Do you use any stretch or scaling options within noVNC?

Are you stretching the image? I don't experience this in the DebianBuster Container only if you stretch or zoom the image drastically.

Here is a screenshot:

grafik.png.7ecb353016581ec17dca764a0e1f49f8.png

The ferdi resolution is set to 1920x1080 for these images. I did take a screenshot of only a small region of that, just to demonstrate the artifacts. That was blown up to a high resolution only to make the artifacts clearly visible. They are noticeable at the resolution of 1920x1080 in the browser window.

I don't think I'm stretching the image with novnc. Scaling mode: none. I have made no other adjustments elsewhere. Only setting the resolution in the template. Here are my novnc settings:

image.png.ba06e5e30fdb3514a1b4dfed4f12b6dc.png

To me, your posted image actually has these noticeable artifacts at the posted resolution - specifically around darker text / outlines. The blue hashtag text actually seems fine to me. See below.

image.thumb.png.40631b3ca4a90f535dde08ecda6c5d12.png

This graphic attempts to demonstrate how a range of quality/compression levels affects the display of text in the other docker I use that incorporates noVNC. All these images captured at the same resolution.

image.thumb.png.5670c229e6198cb69e90312029707e41.png

Here are a few other comparisons between Ferdi's Tweetdeck versus visiting tweetdeck.twitter.com directly. Both are same browser, same resolution. You can see the artifacts appear in Ferdi, but not in the native site. 

image.thumb.png.a4f25d33799c2992cf4781e0bc87c762.png

image.png.a545c6a57dec6db8b141fee59ac2e05d.png

Sorry to ask you to spend your time on such a minor issue. But it bothers me and I'm wondering if I can fix it and learn something in the process. As I said, I have experienced this with other noVNC dockers too, so it may be something applicable to other projects as well. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, njdowdy said:

Sorry to ask you to spend your time on such a minor issue. But it bothers me and I'm wondering if I can fix it and learn something in the process. As I said, I have experienced this with other noVNC dockers too, so it may be something applicable to other projects as well. Thanks!

Sadly enough I could nothing do to solve that issue since I noVNC introduced the sliders for the quality with version 1.2.0 and on Debian 1.2.0 isn't released yet...

You can only try to use a VNC Desktop Client and expose port 5900 from the container to whatever host port you want and then try to connect that way and see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: I personally use TightVNC Portable.

Hi ich777,

I suddenly have troubles having magicmirror2 start.

the following is frm the latest log:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ '/usr/bin/node', '/usr/bin/npm', 'run', 'server' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose config Skipping project config: /magicmirror2/.npmrc. (matches userconfig)
5 verbose run-script [ 'preserver', 'server', 'postserver' ]
6 info lifecycle [email protected]~preserver: [email protected]
7 info lifecycle [email protected]~server: [email protected]
8 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~server: unsafe-perm in lifecycle true
9 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~server: PATH: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/node-gyp-bin:/magicmirror2/node_modules/.bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
10 verbose lifecycle [email protected]~server: CWD: /magicmirror2
11 silly lifecycle [email protected]~server: Args: [ '-c', 'node ./serveronly' ]
12 silly lifecycle [email protected]~server: Returned: code: 1  signal: null
13 info lifecycle [email protected]~server: Failed to exec server script
14 verbose stack Error: [email protected] server: `node ./serveronly`
14 verbose stack Exit status 1
14 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/index.js:332:16)
14 verbose stack     at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:315:20)
14 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/npm-lifecycle/lib/spawn.js:55:14)
14 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:315:20)
14 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1021:16)
14 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:286:5)
15 verbose pkgid [email protected]
16 verbose cwd /magicmirror2
17 verbose Linux 4.19.107-Unraid
18 verbose argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "run" "server"
19 verbose node v12.18.4
20 verbose npm  v6.14.6
21 error code ELIFECYCLE
22 error errno 1
23 error [email protected] server: `node ./serveronly`
23 error Exit status 1
24 error Failed at the [email protected] server script.
24 error This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
25 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Can anyone help out here?

FYI: nothing has been updated, just other containers have been deployed to unraid.

Best, Banuseka

On 1/22/2021 at 8:53 AM, ich777 said:

Have you installed any additional modules?

This looks like a module related error.

I have now tried to install it from scratch and it works just fine.

hmm i just found that even my wohle config is gone. non of my installiert modules are in the modules folder, and the configfile is a default one...