[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

59 minutes ago, Wolf said:

ok, here we go..

You are running this on a NAS and not on Unraid, but should still be no problem (is you nas ARM or Intel/AMD based?).

Identified the problem now and have to say thank you for pointing me to this...

The variable: 'THUNDERBIRD_LANG' is missing the standard value is: 'en_US' (you can get a full list here: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/latest/README.txt)

I have now updated the container or better speaking the Dockerfile so the variable is automatically filled in.

That's why the download failed, if you add this variable then everything should work just fine. ;)

(Don't know if a update is enough and your NAS will automatically create the new Variable)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You are running this on a NAS and not on Unraid, but should still be no problem (is you nas ARM or Intel/AMD based?).

Identified the problem now and have to say thank you for pointing me to this...

The variable: 'THUNDERBIRD_LANG' is missing the standard value is: 'en_US' (you can get a full list here: https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/latest/README.txt)

I have now updated the container or better speaking the Dockerfile so the variable is automatically filled in.

That's why the download failed, if you add this variable then everything should work just fine. ;)

(Don't know if a update is enough and your NAS will automatically create the new Variable)

I am running Synology Ds416play+ using Intel CPUs
I am running 2 other x86 docker without an issue.
what I did now:

download AMD docker container, reviewed config (see picture).

1 file was created (filename:Thunderbird--en_US.tar.bz2) but not completed..

so no really change 😞

see screenshot of config

210302-11_39_01-Window.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I am running Synology Ds416play+ using Intel CPUs
I am running 2 other x86 docker without an issue.
what I did now:

download AMD docker container, reviewed config (see picture).

1 file was created (filename:Thunderbird--en_US.tar.bz2) but not completed..

so no really change 😞

see screenshot of config

The Container Port is wrong, you need to set it to 8080 instead of 8088. Please download the 'latest' version since Docker pulls the right architecture for you.

You don't have to pull the amd64 version.

1 minute ago, dfox1787 said:

shame. would be really useful. I cant find anyway of getting it to work

I don't know how Guacamole works, does it connect to VNC or what, a little more information would be helpful since I don't know Guacamole.

If it can connect to VNC you can always create a port forwarding from the Container port 5900 to 5900 Host (or whatever Hostport do you want) and then should be able to connect to it. ;)

14 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't know how Guacamole works, does it connect to VNC or what, a little more information would be helpful since I don't know Guacamole.

If it can connect to VNC you can always create a port forwarding from the Container port 5900 to 5900 Host (or whatever Hostport do you want) and then should be able to connect to it. ;)

It does use VNC and works with firefox but i have issue with that browser. https://technicalramblings.com/blog/remotely-accessing-the-unraid-gui-with-guacamole-and-vnc-web-browser/

port forwarding isnt secure. Guacamole is a platform that allows you to access RDP VNC to your servers is in a more secure way. It has mfa to access to the dashboard where you can access your systems. 

This chrome version doesnt like what ever settings i use to VNC to it from guacamole. 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:52 AM, ich777 said:

The Container Port is wrong, you need to set it to 8080 instead of 8088. Please download the 'latest' version since Docker pulls the right architecture for you.

You don't have to pull the amd64 version.

Hello,

I changed the port to 8080 and loaded the latest version.. still it faild.

I tried de-DE also failed with different error and tried ther again..

not sure what I can do now ....

Hello, have downloaded the latest version of unraid-kernel-helper for vendor-reset. I have created stock/beta folder in /mnt/user/appdata/kernel and copied /boot/bz* files into beta folder. after copying when I try to build kernel the error comes with: 

---Found old versions file, deleting old file and downloading new file---
/tmp/Unraid-Kernel-Helper    100%[==============================================>]     317  --.-KB/s    in 0s      
---Successfully downloaded versions file---
---Build of DVB driver/modules/firmware skipped!---
---Build of nVidia drivers/modules skipped!---
---Build of ZFS skipped!---
---Build of iSCSI skipped!---
---Build of Mellanox Firmware Tools skipped!---
---Decompressing bzroot, this can take some time, please wait!---
---Can't find 'bzroot', check your configuration, putting container into sleep mode---

to where should I copy my /boot/bz* files into for stable version ? 

6 minutes ago, Wolf said:

I tried de-DE also failed with different error and tried ther again..

The error messages would be really helpful...

6 minutes ago, Wolf said:

not sure what I can do now ....

Can't help without the error messages.

19 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

port forwarding isnt secure.

Yes I know that's why I use it through a reverse proxy with SWAG and I know many other does this with NGINX Proxy Manager.

19 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

This chrome version doesnt like what ever settings i use to VNC to it from guacamole. 

What's the error?

I have a completely different approach, I write you in that exact moment from my Debian Bullseye container that I'm connected from a remote machine over Firefox and I even don't need a VPN or anything at all and the best thing I have a complete Desktop OS at my fingertips from nearly everywhere where a Browser runs. :)

42 minutes ago, Thax said:

Hello, have downloaded the latest version of unraid-kernel-helper for vendor-reset. I have created stock/beta folder in /mnt/user/appdata/kernel and copied /boot/bz* files into beta folder.

First of all, this is the wrong thread I think... :D

On which Unraid version are you? You have to be on that exact Unraid version that you want to build the images for.

You don't have to copy over any files anymore, just download it from the CA App and select the things you want to integrate in the images.

After that you have copy/replace the bz* images that are created in your 'kernel' directory that are in the 'output-KERNELVERSION' folder to your /boot directory.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The error messages would be really helpful...

Can't help without the error messages.

Yes I know that's why I use it through a reverse proxy with SWAG and I know many other does this with NGINX Proxy Manager.

What's the error?

I have a completely different approach, I write you in that exact moment from my Debian Bullseye container that I'm connected from a remote machine over Firefox and I even don't need a VPN or anything at all and the best thing I have a complete Desktop OS at my fingertips from nearly everywhere where a Browser runs. :)

sorry. wasnt explicit enough: same behaviour and error message as before..

@dfox1787 may show your setup what you did.

im pretty sure you are connecting wrong from guac to your chrome docker, in terms you use VNC protocol i guess, you have to point to the native vnc port in the chrome docker and by default this port aint added to the template.

by default the bridged port from the template is for the webui and not from vnc, you should add a port forward in the docker like 5900 5900 and no, this has nothing todo with security ... then guac can connect via vnc.

sample

image.png.88ba4768f523a9039dcf6653db390c6c.png

• Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, alturismo said:

@dfox1787 may show your setup what you did.

im pretty sure you are connecting wrong from guac to your chrome docker, in terms you use VNC protocol i guess, you have to point to the native vnc port in the chrome docker and by default this port aint added to the template.

by default the bridged port from the template is for the webui and not from vnc, you should add a port forward in the docker like 5900 5900 and no, this has nothing todo with security ... then guac can connect via vnc.

sample

image.png.88ba4768f523a9039dcf6653db390c6c.png

i understand. By default the chromium container doesnt connect via VNC that correct? Guac and Chromium are on the same network using the default ports. i assumed this would just work like i am connecting locally. 

uc.PNG

pn.PNG

guac.PNG

like described, this wont work, you try now to connect to the webinterface which is used in the chromium docker and not directly vnc.

this docker also provides its own web interface for vnc, like guac is ... but guac wont work with this, im pretty sure its listening locally on 5900 (standard vnc port)

and if you try to keep inside your proxynet its overall completely wrong.

then you should use as host your dockername like "chromium" lower case ONLY and as port 8080 (the local port, not the port provided to your net) ... but as mentioned is NOT the VNC port ...

i would suggest to add the port variable like described and try port 5900 then

Edited by alturismo
25 minutes ago, alturismo said:

@dfox1787 and as you use(d) firefox browser (i guess djoss one) you should be aware about the 2 different ports, its explained in his template about web front end and vnc direct ...

i did use it but it caused me issue so im trying to get chromium working.  Are you saying use his guide but for chromium? option are not the same

3 minutes ago, dfox1787 said:

i did use it but it caused me issue so im trying to get chromium working.  Are you saying use his guide but for chromium? option are not the same

no, i say add a port maping in chromium docker and setup with 5900, thats it.

Edited by alturismo
1 minute ago, dfox1787 said:

i know i did try that but it doesn't connect on that port. Page cannot be displayed on port 5900

Try a different port Container port 5900 and Host port something completely different for example 5950 or something like that.

In my case I got many containers running with this setting to connect with a VNC Viewer to it from my local network for example Thunderbird.

grafik.png.0351b9b2428b969a693c8902e7ea44fd.png