[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

Hello @ich777

Thank you for your great work for unraid.

My friend download the rapidphotodownloader but when he start it the docker eat all the ressource of the host

all the core are at 100% and the ram is full.

I tried to limit the ram to 4g but the docker crash

The host have a ryzen 3700x and 16go of ddr4.

Do you have a tips? thanks

signal-2021-03-15-182913.jpg

signal-2021-03-15-143722.jpg

10 hours ago, rachid596 said:

My friend download the rapidphotodownloader but when he start it the docker eat all the ressource of the host

Can you try to delete the container including the directory that is created in the appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA APP.

What I can think about is that some kind of picture/video that he want's to import is not compatible with RapidPhotoDownloader.

Eventually it has something to do with this issue: Click

(are there black and white png's in the folder he want's to import?)

I tried it now on my own and can't reproduce the issue:

grafik.thumb.png.4997428a0e9fd4ae0bec393ec11fe8b0.png

grafik.png.893a55e82e82359d1c48107b6f30e20c.png

Can you try to delete the container including the directory that is created in the appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA APP.

What I can think about is that some kind of picture/video that he want's to import is not compatible with RapidPhotoDownloader.

Eventually it has something to do with this issue: Click
(are there black and white png's in the folder he want's to import?)

I tried it now on my own and can't reproduce the issue:
grafik.thumb.png.4997428a0e9fd4ae0bec393ec11fe8b0.png

grafik.png.893a55e82e82359d1c48107b6f30e20c.png
Thank you very much, i will send him this response. Have a good day

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 6:40 AM, jmbailey2000 said:

DOH!!  I didn't even think of adding to the 'go' file. 

Thanks!!!

As a newbie that is very cautious about editing OS config files, what lines specifically need to be added to make sure this config/module functions after a reboot?

55 minutes ago, alby said:

As a newbie that is very cautious about editing OS config files, what lines specifically need to be added to make sure this config/module functions after a reboot?

What does not work, you don't have to edit anything for OpenVPN to work.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What does not work, you don't have to edit anything for OpenVPN to work.

I apologize, I didn't leave nearly enough context there. This was in response to an older conversation in this thread:

I had to follow the same steps that user did in regard to another issue, and it resolved it for me as well.

The only part I didn't understand was the part about adding lines to the 'go' file, to ensure the module will load on unraid reboot.

Just now, alby said:

I had to follow the same steps that user did in regard to another issue, and it resolved it for me as well.

On what Unraid version are you? On my Unraid box /dev/net/tun is available but I'm currently not running the OpenVPN container on it.

2 minutes ago, alby said:

The only part I didn't understand was the part about adding lines to the 'go' file, to ensure the module will load on unraid reboot.

Eventually you have the VM service disabled and that's why it's not there, I really can't imagine why it's not there...

Simply add the line that you want to add on the bottom on the file, what lines you want to add?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you? On my Unraid box /dev/net/tun is available but I'm currently not running the OpenVPN container on it.

Eventually you have the VM service disabled and that's why it's not there, I really can't imagine why it's not there...

Simply add the line that you want to add on the bottom on the file, what lines you want to add?

There's my likely problem, I'm not up to date on my unraid version. Thank you for the information!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, alby said:

There's my likely problem, I'm not up to date on my unraid version. Thank you for the information!

I never had that problem that the device /dev/net is not there even not on Unraid 6.8.3 eventually try to upgrade to 6.9.1 and see if it's there.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

Currently receiving a "Execution error: Bad parameter" when trying to launch the Firefox container. Something change recently?

No, not as far as I know, try to go in the template and see what the command outputs that is displayed after you click on Apply.

I'm having an issue where my Job got deleted.  At this point I'm assuming the whole docker is getting reset for some reason.  Maybe it doesn't have write permission to save the settings/Jobs that I'm creating?  Here is what I know: I set up a job a couple months ago, tested it, then enabled a daily Schedule, then I checked a couple days later to ensure the scheduled job was successful.  It was successful so I assumed it was safe to leave it be.  Now I'm noticing that it stopped working a while ago and the whole Job is gone.  Any ideas?

Here are the settings I think are important (let me know if you need more):

Data Directory: /mnt/cache/appdata/dirsyncpro

Source Directory - Read Only: /mnt/user/

2 hours ago, zero_koop said:

Maybe it doesn't have write permission to save the settings/Jobs that I'm creating?

Where did you save the job file?

It is save to store the jobs in '/dirsyncpro/mycooljob.dsc' insidr the container.

To what option is the Use Cache setting set where your dirsyncpro directory lives in the Share settings?

• Thanks 1

Hi,  I am running luckybackup to backup files to an external USB drive.  everything works but I keep getting errors that it cannot set the time on the files.  I am using NTFS and I have tried exfat.  I have used the rsync command created by luckybackup directly on the host and it works.  any ideas on the time setting problem?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you also set this option:

grafik.png.bec3ae49425c34fba11f74c469c74baa.png

Yes, I have done this.  I should also mention the the USB drive is through unassigned devices.  currently mounted to docker as RW slave(I have tried the others RW, RW Shared).

Edited by agh1701
44 minutes ago, agh1701 said:

I keep getting errors that it cannot set the time on the files.

Are these actual errors or warnings?

Have you checked the date and time if luckyBackup has set it anyways correctly?

46 minutes ago, agh1701 said:

directly on the host and it works

Maybe that's the problem because if you run it on the host it has root privileges and inside the container it doesn't (none of my containers really have root privileges by default).

Can you also try the rsync command on a console from luckyBackup itself (click on the Logo on the Docker page and select console) with the root user if it works?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Are these actual errors or warnings?

Have you checked the date and time if luckyBackup has set it anyways correctly?

Maybe that's the problem because if you run it on the host it has root privileges and inside the container it doesn't (none of my containers really have root privileges by default).

Can you also try the rsync command on a console from luckyBackup itself (click on the Logo on the Docker page and select console) with the root user if it works?

The times are not being set.  so I guess errors, I am not in front of it right now.

I tried your user.sh from earlier in the thread.  is there something more like changing the UUID, GUID on the container?

3 minutes ago, agh1701 said:

I tried your user.sh from earlier in the thread.  is there something more like changing the UUID, GUID on the container?

Yes, I don't allow the change to root that easily like in other containers...

Please let me know if you tried it if it works on the root console and I will implement a way to run luckyBackup as root (I'm really not a huge fan of doing this...).

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Yes, I don't allow the change to root that easily like in other containers...

Please let me know if you tried it if it works on the root console and I will implement a way to run luckyBackup as root (I'm really not a huge fan of doing this...).

it dose works from the luckybackup console and UNRAID root console.

Edited by agh1701
  • Like 1