[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you also try to type in 'su $USER' from the luckyBackup console and then try the same command again if it fails?

rsync: [receiver] failed to set times on "/mnt/disks/External_USB/Public/.alarm.xlsx.HqszfT": Operation not permitted (1)

after exiting back to root, it works.  you should also know that because the date/time can not be set it forces a recopy of the files until the date/time is set.

4 hours ago, agh1701 said:

after exiting back to root, it works.  you should also know that because the date/time can not be set it forces a recopy of the files until the date/time is set.

Thank you for testing!

Is it enough to implement this in the next few days, we are having a bigger internet outage now and I really can't do any real 'work'.

I will report back as soon as I got a fix.

3 minutes ago, runraid said:

@ich777i'm very concerned and not sure what's going on right now. I upgraded my dperson/openvpn-client via the unraid "update all containers" and it's now pointing at something russia related. See the screenshot... anyone have any idea what this is?

image.thumb.png.9482a2f4170417819c73866a0f57f1d3.png

This is not my container, there where a container in the CA App that was also from dperson but not created by me and I think that is the container you are running...

Please look in the CA App how my template looks like.

• Like 1

Thanks. Looking at the history of this https://github.com/Muwahhidun/unraid-docker-templates/commits/main/my-openvpn-antizapret.xml i don't see how I would have switched to this container. I've been using this VPN container for like 2 years... and the git history shows it was recently created. I didn't make any changes to my VPN config at all... Do you have any idea how this could have been switched?

5 minutes ago, runraid said:

hanks. Looking at the history of this https://github.com/Muwahhidun/unraid-docker-templates/commits/main/my-openvpn-antizapret.xml i don't see how I would have switched to this container. I've been using this VPN container for like 2 years...

I think this is the template from the other container if I remember correctly...

You should be able to switch easily to my container template.

Also my container isn't that long around, I think I created it somewhere around last November...

• Like 1

Yeah but what I'm concerned about is the fact that something was changed from underneath me. I didn't make these changes but suddenly there's this https://myunraid.ru/ showing up in my unraid templates. My template completely changed, seemed to be changed by a 3rd party actor.  These templates are weird - https://github.com/Muwahhidun/unraid-docker-templates and something nefarious seems to be going on.  The githistory on that repo is very recent. Yet I was using the VPN template for two years. So how did my unraid switch to a new template? 

Let me know if this thread isn't the right place to talk about this. I will switch to your template (Thanks for providing it!)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, runraid said:

Yeah but what I'm concerned about is the fact that something was changed from underneath me. I didn't make these changes but suddenly there's this https://myunraid.ru/ showing up in my unraid templates. My template completely changed, seemed to be changed by a 3rd party actor.  These templates are weird

In all my templates (at least in the ones that I don't forget to set it... :D ) the settings are never automatically changed and everything is up to the user...

9 minutes ago, runraid said:

Yet I was using the VPN template for two years. So how did my unraid switch to a new template?

Eventually because the template had the option to update itself in it to update itself (this is what I try to avoid and my containers or at least templates should not do that).

• Like 2
4 hours ago, EndreEndi said:

Where i need to add the java arguments for more RAM for DirSyncPro to use? it's giveing me the low memory error, but i don't know where and how and what to put to be able to resoolve that, can someone help please?
Sorry for bad english

Where do you get this error or warning?

Normaly it shouldn't be necessary to increase the RAM size.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Where do you get this error or warning?

Normaly it shouldn't be necessary to increase the RAM size.

I got it in the webui on UnRAID, and then it crashed and restarted, i want to send 2TB of data to a local SMB on other machine in the same network

3 minutes ago, EndreEndi said:

I got it in the webui on UnRAID, and then it crashed and restarted, i want to send 2TB of data to a local SMB on other machine in the same network

This shouldn't happen since I'm transferring sometimes over 5TB+ with Dirsyncpro and never got a warning like this because java should assign the memory dynamically (at the first sync the container consumes about 8GB of RAM on my system).

How much RAM have you installed in your System?

I don't implemented to pass java arguments because I don't needed it to that day but it should be no problem to do so.

Have you mounted the SMB share through Unassigned Devices and mounted it with R/W slave to the container?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This shouldn't happen since I'm transferring sometimes over 5TB+ with Dirsyncpro and never got a warning like this because java should assign the memory dynamically (at the first sync the container consumes about 8GB of RAM on my system).

How much RAM have you installed in your System?

I don't implemented to pass java arguments because I don't needed it to that day but it should be no problem to do so.

Have you mounted the SMB share through Unassigned Devices and mounted it with R/W slave to the container?

I don't know how exactly to mount it, i just put the \\windowsserver2019\Backups in the smb and yeah...

i assumed it taken the credentials from the config i made on the unraid itself when i installed DirSyncPro from the Apps

24 minutes ago, EndreEndi said:

I don't know how exactly to mount it, i just put the \\windowsserver2019\Backups in the smb and yeah...

i assumed it taken the credentials from the config i made on the unraid itself when i installed DirSyncPro from the Apps

Please try to mount it through the Unassigned Devices plugin an then mount it with a path to the Container, I think the problem is somewhere in the mounting of your SMB share...

Eventually a screenshot of the template itself and of the mount in the container would be also helpful. :)

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please try to mount it through the Unassigned Devices plugin an then mount it with a path to the Container, I think the problem is somewhere in the mounting of your SMB share...

Eventually a screenshot of the template itself and of the mount in the container would be also helpful. :)

I mounted them through Unassigned Drives, but I don't know how to change the path, i see just something about script path when i tap settings on them (moare smb's) they're all appearing in the main tab

1 minute ago, EndreEndi said:

I mounted them through Unassigned Drives, but I don't know how to change the path, i see just something about script path when i tap settings on them (moare smb's) they're all appearing in the main tab

Does it look like this (you have to mount it as R/W - Slave):

grafik.thumb.png.b2f489a5dc1d2122fd5ce1e46f8b5b1c.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Does it look like this (you have to mount it as R/W - Slave):

grafik.thumb.png.b2f489a5dc1d2122fd5ce1e46f8b5b1c.png

Can you say where did you enter to get into that panel? The url or where to go and what to press? I don't recognize that panel from the screenshot, sorry I'm a noob...

EDIT I just realized that's in the docker add path thing 

Edited by EndreEndi
  • Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 4:19 PM, ich777 said:

Try a different port Container port 5900 and Host port something completely different for example 5950 or something like that.

In my case I got many containers running with this setting to connect with a VNC Viewer to it from my local network for example Thunderbird.

grafik.png.0351b9b2428b969a693c8902e7ea44fd.png

Hi,
I'm try to use 2 containers from you at the same time but I can't get them to work.

I'm connecting though a VPN docker and added 2 NOVNC_PORT to 6001 and 6002.
When I'm launching both container (chromium and Jdownloader) I can't get them to work.

The port is not changed, thus when I go to my IP:6001 or IP:6002 its opening the same VNC (the first docker I launched)

9 hours ago, HpNoTiQ said:

The port is not changed, thus when I go to my IP:6001 or IP:6002 its opening the same VNC (the first docker I launched)

Can you send screenshots from the two templates?

Do you want to connect through noVNC (web) or through a VNC vlient?

You don't have to add a port if you want to connect through noVNC you have to change the default web port from 8080 to 6001 for the first container and 6002 for the second.

If you want to connect through a VNC client then you have to also change to ports to two different ports for the containers (eg 8080 and 8081) and then add the VNC_PORT variable and also a new port entry to the containers for the VNC_PORT's.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you send screenshots from the two templates?

Do you want to connect through noVNC (web) or through a VNC vlient?

You don't have to add a port if you want to connect through noVNC you have to change the default web port from 8080 to 6001 for the first container and 6002 for the second.

If you want to connect through a VNC client then you have to also change to ports to two different ports for the containers (eg 8080 and 8081) and then add the VNC_PORT variable and also a new port entry to the containers for the VNC_PORT's.

Here you are :

When I'm connecting to VNC within my browser (whether chrome or Jdownloader), I only get Jdownloader webui. (or the 1st container i Launched)

Bug redirect.jpg

Chrome.jpg

Jdown.jpg

Wireguard.jpg

luckyBackup question:

I've been trying to figure out how to get the email feature to work so I assume I'm missing critical information in setting it up.  LB documentation mentions installing packages (whatever you want to use) and use the command for that package.  unraid already has built-in mail function (I use this with my user.scripts) but what I can't figure out is how to get that to work with LB, if possible.  I'd prefer not to introduce additional software when a function is built-in (redundant to me) and I'd like to keep the process as simple as possible.  Could someone please help me by pointing me in the correct direction for a resolution?  I'd like to transition to LB from the user.script backup solution I'm currently using but without the email function it is not desirable for my requirement.

Thanks in advance,

ed