[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

4 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

also curious what this docker is for?

https://hub.docker.com/r/ich777/debian-builder

This is a container basically for me where I build stuff in it or let scripts run, for example new versions of the nvidia-contianer-runtimes are built in there but that is only one of many things I do with it.

4 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

My immediate goal is to make a GUI docker for slic3r but the same should apply for a lot of other programs I think.

Yes, I run basically every GUI application through the base image, I've wrote you a PM. ;)

I recently used luckybackup for the first time where I'm backing up to a USB drive with the UD plugin.  And I ran into a couple issues. 

1) It appears luckybackup was keeping my array active (drives not spinning down) when not syncing anything.  

2) The external USB drive never spins down even when not in use.  

Does someone know how I can address this?

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange since I don't experience this issue on my server.

Maybe it's my configuration?  If my appdata folder is on the array, would a running docker keep it always active?  For the USB drive, I have it enabled as a share.  I'm wondering if that affects the UD plugin spin down behavior.  My one other UD share is a SSD and it was active this morning as well.  But I previously haven't payed any attention to whether it's label ever changes to spun down or not

28 minutes ago, Marc_G2 said:

If my appdata folder is on the array, would a running docker keep it always active?

Eventually but very likely when your appdata and also your docker.img and libvirt.img is on the array.

28 minutes ago, Marc_G2 said:

For the USB drive, I have it enabled as a share.  I'm wondering if that affects the UD plugin spin down behavior.

This should not affect the spin down, is the USB device capable of spin down and also does it report that correctly, eventually this is the problem.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

Eventually but very likely when your appdata and also your docker.img and libvirt.img is on the array.

7 hours ago, Marc_G2 said:

For the USB drive, I have it enabled as a share.  I'm wondering if that affects the UD plugin spin down behavior.

This should not affect the spin down, is the USB device capable of spin down and also does it report that correctly, eventually this is the problem.

I think half the issue is the UD plugin since I confirmed it didn't spin down the drive after 15 minutes.  But apparently upgrading to 6.9.X (from 6.8.3) may fix the problem.  So I will try that a little later

• Like 1

Regarding Luckybackup, I have had the same experience as Kris6673 in that it only randomly seems to run on schedule. Last time it ran on schedule (every day at 8:50) was two days straight on April 16 and April 17, and since then it hasn't run. Now when I went into the GUI I see the schedule, but when I click view current crontab it says "/luckybackup - no crontab entries exist". So I click cronIT and it says "Your crontab is updated successfully", but when I click view current crontab it still says it's missing. So I check the log, and I see this:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Checking configuration for noVNC---
Nothing to do, noVNC resizing set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC qaulity set to default
Nothing to do, noVNC compression set to default
---Starting...---
---Starting cron---
---Version Check---

---luckyBackup v0.5.0 up-to-date---
---Preparing Server---
---ssh_host_rsa_key keys found!---
---ssh_host_ecdsa_key found!---
---ssh_host_ed25519_key found!---
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Resolution check---
---Checking for old logfiles---
chown: changing ownership of '/luckybackup/.config/crontabs/crontabs': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '/luckybackup/.config/crontabs/luckybackup': Operation not permitted
chmod: cannot access '/luckybackup/.config/crontabs/luckybackup': Permission denied
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
- Listen on :8080
- Flash security policy server
- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
- Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting ssh daemon---
---Starting luckyBackup---

The "Operation not permitted" looks very suspicious to me :D Is that a problem only on my container, and if so any ideas how to fix it?

On 4/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, rockard said:

Regarding Luckybackup, I have had the same experience as Kris6673 in that it only randomly seems to run on schedule.

I'm currently looking into this and this will take some time since I'm really busy at the moment, the permission issue is actually because I tried a workaround and that did not fix it, anyways you can ignore that for now.

EDIT: In one word, Cron isn't working for now with luckyBackup.

• Thanks 2

Hi,

Installed the Thunderbird container to create an imap backup of my university emails (I've graduated and was losing the account). Worked great, but then a few weeks passed and I opened the container to the account setup window and no an empty Thunderbird. After digging through the console I discovered the files are still in the appdata folder.

How do I get the profile back into the Thunderbird sidebar? I'm an unraid/linux noob, still learning, so maybe this would be a simple fix for some but I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you

On 4/23/2021 at 5:12 AM, crutz1337 said:

Hi,

Installed the Thunderbird container to create an imap backup of my university emails (I've graduated and was losing the account). Worked great, but then a few weeks passed and I opened the container to the account setup window and no an empty Thunderbird. After digging through the console I discovered the files are still in the appdata folder.

How do I get the profile back into the Thunderbird sidebar? I'm an unraid/linux noob, still learning, so maybe this would be a simple fix for some but I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you

This is really strange since I'm using it since the first day on my Unraid box and it works just flawlessly.

Can it be that you have set the appdata folder to Use Cache 'Yes' instead of 'Prefer' or 'Only' in the share settings?

If this is the case, the easiest solution would be to stop the container and then set the appdata directory to Prefer or Only after that start the Mover and wait for it to finish and then start the container again.

I think I've fixed the spindown issues I was having.  Updating unRAID to 6.9 fixed the unassigned drive and moving the docker Vdisk to the cache allowed the array to spin down.  

Anyway I'm backing up to an External NTFS drive and I'm getting a huge number of errors saying "failed to set times....... operation not permitted".   Is there a way to fix this?  Enabling the "attempt super-user activities" option didn't change anything.

5 hours ago, Marc_G2 said:

"failed to set times....... operation not permitted"

I don't think that NTFS supports this feature but could be maybe be wrong on that.

Have you also ticked the box where it says that this is a FAT/NTFS drive in the advanced options dialogue in luckyBackup?

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't think that NTFS supports this feature but could be maybe be wrong on that.

Have you also ticked the box where it says that this is a FAT/NTFS drive in the advanced options dialogue in luckyBackup?

I do have that checked.  When it's checked, the options for 'preserve ownership, times' and 'preserve permissions' options become grayed out.   You can toggle those two options if switch off NTFS mode first.  But doing that didn't make a difference.  

I am trying to add a password to the VNC of the Firefox container. I have tried the VNC_PASSWORD as a variable and the --VNC_PASSWORD as a launch argument but no lock. I also can't seem to find any documentation for flags I could try. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers ich777 for all your work!

On 4/26/2021 at 1:35 AM, ich777 said:

Things have changed a little bit since I'm switched to TurboVNC.

Please be sure to create the password first inside the container, to do that open up a terminal from the container (click on the container icon and on 'Console' then type in the following:

1. su $USER
  2. vncpasswd
  3. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD TWO TIMES AND PRESS ENTER

After that close the terminal and edit the template and create a variable with the Key: 'TURBOVNC_PARAMS' and leave it empty like in this example:

grafik.thumb.png.e031fd7098ecbae738f8e4ec2e3f392a.png

Click on 'Apply' and connect again to the noVNC WebGUI, you should now be greeted with a password. :)

does this also works for chrome docker? I tried this in chrome docker but not passwd required yet.

1 hour ago, stamina77 said:

does this also works for chrome docker? I tried this in chrome docker but not passwd required yet.

Nope, for Chrome this is a little different, but I will update the container ASAP since I ran into issues updating it previously.

Will report back, do you need a working method for now or can you wait at least until after the weekend?

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope, for Chrome this is a little different, but I will update the container ASAP since I ran into issues updating it previously.

Will report back, do you need a working method for now or can you wait at least until after the weekend?

surely i can wait, now I switch back to firefox docker to use vnc passwd certifacate, also thanks for the future update 

• Like 1

Hi,

I just installed your "package" of the openvpn-client.

It seems to work as I could check my ip with "curl ipconfig.io" in the container. I've just two questions because I can't read it anywhere.

Does this container reconnect itself ?

And if connection is lost ... will it disconnect the internal (docker) connected containers, so they can't use an unprotected connection ?

THX

Edited by batesman73
typo
1 hour ago, batesman73 said:

And if connection is lost ... will it disconnect the internal (docker) connected containers, so they can't use an unprotected connection ?

It's strictly speaking not my container I only made the template: Source

From my experience, yes the container tries to reconnect and if that fails it has no network connection.

So to answer both questions, Yes and Yes (the connected container using the network from the OpenVPN-Client container and if it has no active VPN connection it has no connection to the internet so the other containers also can't connect to the internet, hope that makes sense to you). :)

EDIT: Oh I almost forget to say you have to add: '-f ""' (without the single quotes) to the post arguments if you want to disable internet access if the VPN connection fails for whatever reason: Source