Jump to content
ich777

[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

21 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Application Dockers (DirSyncPro, Rapid Photo Downloader,... all available Docker's in the second post)

DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/u/ich777/

DonationLink: https://www.paypal.me/chips777

 

Please read the discription of each docker and the variables (some dockers need special variables to run).

If you like my work please consider Donating for further requests of applications please post in this thread.

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post

Dockers Available so far:

 

  • DirSyncPro - very strong syncronisation tool that's highly customizable and schedulable (Docker comes with WebGUI, SMB, FTP & WebDAV support and with encryption by CryFS - backup your files securely to any SMB, FTP & WebDAV offsite server)
  • Rapid Photo Downloader - a tool to improve the workflow of your photo and video import. Customize the import by setting filters and rules to rename, sort, backup and more all within the Docker including a WebGUI.
  • DNS over HTTPS - DoH-Server - You easily can hide your DNS querys from your ISP with this docker on Firefox or Chrome and even on Android with the Intra App (by default it is set to use the Cloudflare and Google DNS servers). As a special bonus you can hide all Ad's on your Android Device on the go without the need of a VPN (for Android Devices only the Intra app is needed https://getintra.org/)! Very usefull if you have kids and they should not visit certain sites or if you simply don't like Ad's on your Android Device.
    Also works for iOS (search for 'DNS Cloak' on the AppStore and create a custom server)!
Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, I wanted to try out Rapid Photo Downloader but after install I'm having an "execution error" and the docker log is empty. Any ideia what could be causing this?

I'm running unRaid 6.7.2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/12/2019 at 10:03 PM, l3gion said:

Hey, I wanted to try out Rapid Photo Downloader but after install I'm having an "execution error" and the docker log is empty. Any ideia what could be causing this?

I'm running unRaid 6.7.2

Sorry for the late answer, i didn't noticed that i don't follow this thread.

 

Where exactly does the execution error happen?

Is the container starting?

I think a port error or a path error is the answer.

 

Can you post a few screenshots of your configuration also the allocated docker ports?

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post

@ich777

 

You may not be able to help with this because the docker itself isn't at fault (at least I don't think it is). If you could poke around with it, I'd appreciate it.

 

There doesn't seem to be any support for Japanese unicode (Kanji/Katakana/Hiragana). When a backup is running, DirSyncPro will simply skip over these files. It seems anything that isn't English won't be backed up.

 

For example, this filename won't be backed up: リライアンス

 

I've left a bug report on their SourceForge as well in hopes of this being fixed up.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Goldfire said:

@ich777

 

You may not be able to help with this because the docker itself isn't at fault (at least I don't think it is). If you could poke around with it, I'd appreciate it.

 

There doesn't seem to be any support for Japanese unicode (Kanji/Katakana/Hiragana). When a backup is running, DirSyncPro will simply skip over these files. It seems anything that isn't English won't be backed up.

 

For example, this filename won't be backed up: リライアンス

 

I've left a bug report on their SourceForge as well in hopes of this being fixed up.

Thank you for the issue report.

I will also investigate that, could be also a docker problem.

 

Could you try to download DirSyncPro on your personal computer and try to sync such a directory/files to another directory?

If it works on your personal computer it's a docker problem and i hopefully can fix the problem.

(btw german unicode works fine eg: öäü߀)

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the issue report.

I will also investigate that, could be also a docker problem.

 

Could you try to download DirSyncPro on your personal computer and try to sync such a directory/files to another directory?If it works on your personal computer it's a docker problem and i hopefully can fix the problem.

Sorry for the delay, different timezones and all of that.

 

The Windows version of DirSyncPro works fine with Japanese characters. The small set of files I was using for testing works.

 

Quote

(btw german unicode works fine eg: öäü߀)

Ah sorry, I was (poorly) assuming that other languages were also affected. Chinese (Simplified) is also affected, I only have a handful of files with Chinese naming - that would've been an annoyance if I needed to restore those files at a later date and they weren't there, ha.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Goldfire said:

Sorry for the delay, different timezones and all of that.

Me too...

 

20 hours ago, Goldfire said:

The Windows version of DirSyncPro works fine with Japanese characters. The small set of files I was using for testing works.

Then i will investigate that please give me a few days... got not much spare time at the moment... Also to wich protocol did you sync (local, webdav, smb, ftp)?

 

I will report back i think next week i will have time for the docker.

 

EDIT: can you try to to set the docker to beta like in the screenshot and report back if it works now?

 

grafik.png.f6dd2fee0e829227c7fda25354ea27dc.png

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Then i will investigate that please give me a few days... got not much spare time at the moment... Also to wich protocol did you sync (local, webdav, smb, ftp)?

I'm using local with the Source Directory set to: /mnt/user

 

I've also mounted an external drive via Unassigned Disks using the Path option: 

 

S4fig86.png

 

Within DirSyncPro, I have the /external mountpoint as my backup destination, which works fine.

 

Quote

EDIT: can you try to to set the docker to beta like in the screenshot and report back if it works now?

Unfortunately, that didn't have any positive effect. When attempting to "Analyze this job now", nothing with Japanese/Chinese unicode characters will be detected. I've also tried to delete the job and remake it. Other English named files within my test folder are detected.

 

Take your time though, I appreciate you looking at this for me.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry for the late answer, i didn't noticed that i don't follow this thread.

 

Where exactly does the execution error happen?

Is the container starting?

I think a port error or a path error is the answer.

 

Can you post a few screenshots of your configuration also the allocated docker ports?

Sorry for the super late response, I figured out what it was, I usually check this but I guess I missed it this time, was a port conflict.

 

Best.

Share this post


Link to post

I set up the DoH server with Pi Hole per your guide and am able to connect to it with my phone through Intra and I see that it is blocking ads, but when I browse to 1.1.1.1/Help I see that I am not using DoH so I just wanted to  see if it is working correctly or not.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, s33d1ing said:

I set up the DoH server with Pi Hole per your guide and am able to connect to it with my phone through Intra and I see that it is blocking ads, but when I browse to 1.1.1.1/Help I see that I am not using DoH so I just wanted to  see if it is working correctly or not.

 

Thanks!

It say's that you don't use DoH because you don't use the 1.1.1.1 DoH app ;)

The can't detect it when you not using their app but if you are using their app than you don't get the benefit of PiHole adblocking even if youre not at home (also you know if it works if the ads are gone on your mobile device) also you can't detect easily detect DoH.

 

You can also make a DNS Leak test to try if everything works correctly (also don't forget to specify only one upstream DNS server - your PiHole otherwise it will choose any server in the DNS upstream server list).

 

DNS Leak Test

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

It say's that you don't use DoH because you don't use the 1.1.1.1 DoH app ;)

The can't detect it when you not using their app but if you are using their app than you don't get the benefit of PiHole adblocking even if youre not at home (also you know if it works if the ads are gone on your mobile device) also you can't detect easily detect DoH.

 

You can also make a DNS Leak test to try if everything works correctly (also don't forget to specify only one upstream DNS server - your PiHole otherwise it will choose any server in the DNS upstream server list).

 

DNS Leak Test

Well I took it a step further and set up the cloudflared container and set that as the only upstream DNS server for Pi-hole.  So, when connected to the doh-server via Intra, I get ad blocking and pass the 1.1.1.1/help DoH test.  And internally, I can also point DNS to my Pi-hole container and get the same thing!

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, s33d1ing said:

Well I took it a step further and set up the cloudflared container and set that as the only upstream DNS server for Pi-hole.  So, when connected to the doh-server via Intra, I get ad blocking and pass the 1.1.1.1/help DoH test.  And internally, I can also point DNS to my Pi-hole container and get the same thing!

If you do it this way it makes no real sense becaus your whole dns traffic is routed through cloudlfare and you can use their apps instead.

 

This docker should be only be a gateway to your mobile devices for all dns querrys...

 

Also cloudflare can't detect that (1.1.1.1/help) you are using DoH with your mobile device when you're using my container and possibly with 1.1.1.1 or the public google dns resolvers since my container is not related to their servers.

 

I created this container more in that mind that i don't must use their apps (since i'm rotating DNS querry services from various providers) and also filter out all my ads with pihole on my mobile devices including to be a bit more secure by encrypting it with DoH and get a little bit more battery life from my mobile devices.

 

But you can also use it this way but it makes no real sense since there are apps that can use DoH and filter ad addresses like pihole does (the battery advantage is then gone).

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you do it this way it makes no real sense becaus your whole dns traffic is routed through cloudlfare and you can use their apps instead.

 

This docker should be only be a gateway to your mobile devices for all dns querrys...

 

Also cloudflare can't detect that (1.1.1.1/help) you are using DoH with your mobile device when you're using my container and possibly with 1.1.1.1 or the public google dns resolvers since my container is not related to their servers.

 

I created this container more in that mind that i don't must use their apps (since i'm rotating DNS querry services from various providers) and also filter out all my ads with pihole on my mobile devices including to be a bit more secure by encrypting it with DoH and get a little bit more battery life from my mobile devices.

 

But you can also use it this way but it makes no real sense since there are apps that can use DoH and filter ad addresses like pihole does (the battery advantage is then gone).

You're right, I could use Cloudflare's app but I would loose the ad blocking.

 

By default, the pihole-template container was configured to use Cloudflare's DNS as an upstream but the connection from Pi-hole to the upstream is not using DoH.  I get that the connection from my phone to your container is using DoH, but are all of the queries from your container (whether its pointed to Pi-hole or the default Cloudflare and Google upstreams) also using DoH?

 

The way I have it set up now, I get a DoH connection from phone to your container and get the benefit of blocking ads as well.  Then I get a different DoH connection to Cloudflare for all of the lookups coming from Pi-hole.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, s33d1ing said:

By default, the pihole-template container was configured to use Cloudflare's DNS as an upstream but the connection from Pi-hole to the upstream is not using DoH. 

Exactly.

 

15 minutes ago, s33d1ing said:

I get that the connection from my phone to your container is using DoH, but are all of the queries from your container (whether its pointed to Pi-hole or the default Cloudflare and Google upstreams) also using DoH?

Nope, these are standard DNS servers and they are not secured by DoH but since i don't want to get Cloudflare or Google all of my DNS querys i rotate them and i let my server also use a few friends of mine and so no one could say wich traffic from wich device came, my server at home is more or less the DNS server for all of these devices.

 

17 minutes ago, s33d1ing said:

The way I have it set up now, I get a DoH connection from phone to your container and get the benefit of blocking ads as well.  Then I get a different DoH connection to Cloudflare for all of the lookups coming from Pi-hole.

Yeah i thought of that but that's a little bit too much latency in my oppinion and there is everywhere a weak point.

I'm sick that everybody tracks everything and now i got a gateway (my Unraid DNS server that asks goolgle, cloudflare and a few other dns servers unencrypted) where everything is a little bit messed up in terms of tracking because ~10 people are using it.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yeah i thought of that but that's a little bit too much latency in my oppinion and there is everywhere a weak point.

I'm sick that everybody tracks everything and now i got a gateway (my Unraid DNS server that asks goolgle, cloudflare and a few other dns servers unencrypted) where everything is a little bit messed up in terms of tracking because ~10 people are using it.

I'll continue to test out using the Cloudflare DoH and if there is latency or it turns out using DoH for everything isnt preferred, I can always go back to using a variety of unencrypted upstream DNS servers in Pi-hole.

 

Anyways, thanks again for the container.  It's pretty nice to have ad blocking on my phone again since I havent rooted my phone in quite a while.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, s33d1ing said:

I'll continue to test out using the Cloudflare DoH and if there is latency or it turns out using DoH for everything isnt preferred, I can always go back to using a variety of unencrypted upstream DNS servers in Pi-hole.

 

Anyways, thanks again for the container.  It's pretty nice to have ad blocking on my phone again since I havent rooted my phone in quite a while.

You will barely recognize it...

I can't see and tell any downside at the time.

 

Also there is DNS Cloak for iOS and there are also clients for windows, mac, linux.

Even firefox supports it natively... ;)

Edited by ich777

Share this post


Link to post

Hello @ich777 , I'm trying to get dirsync pro to work on my server and its not working. I've tried variety of different ports (8080, 8084, etc) in the config and that doesn't fix it (made sure to try ports that I didnt already have allocated to my other dockers).  I've tried different browsers (chrome, edge, internet explorer) to access the Web UI and VNC isn't working on it (I'm able to use VNC find with my other dockers & VMs). I tried the docker both with a SMB remote share and local and no luck there either. I tried reviewing the online FAQ and couldn't find anything that would help me. Feel like I'm missing something basic but not sure what else to try. i'm very familiar with docker setup as I have 28 other dockers that are running okay. I also tried to run Dirsync Pro docker with all other dockers turned off and also after rebooting the server with no luck. See attached screenshots of setup and below info from log. Hoping you can point me in the right direction, your help is greatly appreciated.

 

---Starting DirSyncPro---

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file /dirsyncpro/runtime/jre1.8.0_211/lib/rt.jar

mmap failed for CEN and END part of zip file

---Setting umask to 000---

---Checking for 'runtime' folder---

---'runtime' folder found---

---Checking if Runtime is installed---

---Runtime found---

---Checking for DirSyncPro---

---DirSyncPro found---

---Local mounting is selected, please mount your local path to the container---

---Preparing Server---

---Checking for old logfiles---

---Checking for old display lock files---

---Starting Xvfb server---

---Starting x11vnc server---

---Starting noVNC server---

WebSocket server settings:

- Listen on :8080

- Flash security policy server

- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc

- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)

- Backgrounding (daemon)

WebSocket server settings:

- Listen on :8080

- Flash security policy server

- Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc

- No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)

- Backgrounding (daemon)

---Starting DirSyncPro---

mmap failed for CEN and END part of zip file

Error occurred during initialization of VM

java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file /dirsyncpro/runtime/jre1.8.0_211/lib/rt.jar

dirsyncpro1.png

dirsyncpro2.png

dirsyncpro3.png

dirsyncpro4.png

dirsyncpro5.png

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, ispaydeu said:

Hello @ich777 , I'm trying to get dirsync pro to work on my server and its not working. I've tried variety of different ports (8080, 8084, etc) in the config and that doesn't fix it (made sure to try ports that I didnt already have allocated to my other dockers).  I've tried different browsers (chrome, edge, internet explorer) to access the Web UI and VNC isn't working on it (I'm able to use VNC find with my other dockers & VMs). I tried the docker both with a SMB remote share and local and no luck there either. I tried reviewing the online FAQ and couldn't find anything that would help me. Feel like I'm missing something basic but not sure what else to try. i'm very familiar with docker setup as I have 28 other dockers that are running okay. I also tried to run Dirsync Pro docker with all other dockers turned off and also after rebooting the server with no luck. See attached screenshots of setup and below info from log. Hoping you can point me in the right direction, your help is greatly appreciated.

I think there was something wrong with the download from DirSyncPro or the Runtime (sometimes the download from github or sourceforge is incomplete) and redownload it from the CA Apps without a setting changed (or at least the port like in my case.

Could you please try to delete the whole container and also the directory in your appdata folder?

I've also made a complete fresh install on my Unraid server and it works all OOB (i've changed the port to 8083 as you can see on the screenshots.

Did you run your appdata folder on the cache drives? Wich fileformat are the disks where your appdata folder is located?

 

Also you can try to download the runtime manually and extract/place it in your runtime directory and then start the container again *LINK* (the path should be <DIRSYNCPROROOT>/runtime/jre1.8.0_211) just extract the tar.gz into the runtime folder and you should be good to go.

 

I've also attached pictures how the appdata folder should look like.

Log.txt

2.jpg.5103d2402b778e86c4eabff0eb93de71.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.200f74bc2d18bd46ea9ec4b960493f89.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.