[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

What IP did you assign to the DoH-Server?

Have you read the linked GitHub README.md yet?

Did you enable Host access on Unraid too?


IP for DoH-Server is: 192.168.178.66. I added it in NPM as http://192.168.178.66:8053 and a custom location to 192.168.178.66/dns-query

I read the Readme and tried to follow it but without success.

Host access is enabled yes. I can´t get my head around what the problem is.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Shidar said:

Host access is enabled yes. I can´t get my head around what the problem is.

Can you ping Unraid from both of the contianers?

In my container you have to actually install ping by opening up a Docker Console and copy past the following:

apt-get update
apt-get install iputils-ping

...after that you can ping from my container.

 

Have you yet tried it with Intra on Android or DNS-Cloak on iOS?

What do you get back when you enter the

5 minutes ago, Shidar said:

192.168.178.66/dns-query

You actually have to use:

192.168.178.66:8083/dns-query

with the appropriate port because the server listens on that port, also I really can't help with Nginx Proxy Manager because I've never used it.

 

4 minutes ago, Shidar said:

I also added Port 8053 to the DoH Template to see if that helps

You don't have to add a single port since if you are running a container in Custom: br0 all ports are exposed, you only have to specify ports in the template if you run it on a bridge network.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you ping Unraid from both of the contianers?

 

Oh that is interesting. I get Destination Host unreachable on every container trying to ping unraid. That should be the problem.

 

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried it with Intra on Android or DNS-Cloak on iOS?

 

Yes I tried with Intra, internal Android method and manually with curl.

 

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't have to add a single port since if you are running a container in Custom: br0 all ports are exposed, you only have to specify ports in the template if you run it on a bridge network.

That was more of a trial and error. But I removed it now anyway.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Shidar said:

Oh that is interesting. I get Destination Host unreachable on every container trying to ping unraid. That should be the problem.

Jup, that's why I would recommend that you install DNS containers in a LXC container, I plan to do a write up on this in the next weeks because you don't need Host Access in LXC container and in a LXC container you can run, like me for example Unbound, Adguard and SteamCache all with one IP and even have the benefit of DoH <- because AdGuard is able to utilize DoH OOB but of course you could also use PiHole if prefered.

 

Please restart the Docker service one time and Host Access should work.

 

5 minutes ago, Shidar said:

Yes I tried with Intra, internal Android method and manually with curl.

Have you set the port like mentioned above?

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Jup, that's why I would recommend that you install DNS containers in a LXC container, I plan to do a write up on this in the next weeks because you don't need Host Access in LXC container and in a LXC container you can run, like me for example Unbound, Adguard and SteamCache all with one IP and even have the benefit of DoH <- because AdGuard is able to utilize DoH OOB but of course you could also use PiHole if prefered.

 

Please restart the Docker service one time and Host Access should work.

 

Have you set the port like mentioned above?

Restarting did the trick with ping to Unraid.

 

I can access it now when using url/dns-query. So I just need to get the NPM config right.

Link to comment
Just now, Shidar said:

Restarting did the trick with ping to Unraid.

Nice, keep in mind this is possible necessary every time you cold boot or restart Unraid...

 

1 minute ago, Shidar said:

I can access it now when using url/dns-query. So I just need to get the NPM config right.

Exactly usually like I've wrote above IP:PORT/dns-query

Link to comment

Hello, I seem to be having an odd issue with Lancache Prefill not fully installing for some reason. 
 



I followed Spaceinvader One's video guide on setting up Lancache, Lancache DNS and Lancache Prefill. Lancache itself seems to be working fine as is, but when I try to configure Lancache Prefill I first ran into errors when trying to CD to add in my Steam Credentials. 

Lancache is at 192.168.111.5
Lancache DNS 192.168.111.6
Lancache Prefill is pointing to 192.168.111.6 in extra parameters.

658860963_Screenshot2023-01-25135953.thumb.png.841accb677cd3390264ca313e40fae81.png

When I enter cd ${DATA_DIR}/SteamPrefill I get this directory not found error.

1487988624_Screenshot2023-01-25135833.png.18c031049e2ef9a305bc41a198fdc0d1.png

I checked the logs for the container itself and I see this

1496869303_Lancacheprefilllog.thumb.png.00a45e04dc0258e930db427f67b63cff.png

I've tried restarting the container, reinstalling, no dice. Even checked the directory itself and I'm not seeing anything. 

2125692892_Screenshot2023-01-25140357.png.eb6677fec741592e3f33a56c499a2257.png


Like I said Lancache itself seems to be working fine, but obviously the lancache prefill will be a great convenience. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Mister Pipps said:

I've tried restarting the container, reinstalling, no dice. Even checked the directory itself and I'm not seeing anything. 

Please double check if the container has access to the Internet, are you sure that your LANCache-DNS container is resolving DNS queries correctly?

 

My assumption is that it doesn't resolve DNS requests properly because it can't even grab the latest version number from the prefills and therefore it fails to download the applications itself.

 

You can try to not set the parameter --dns in the LANCache-Prefill container and see if it downloads the applications properly, if yes then LANCache-DNS is not resolving DNS queries properly.

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please double check if the container has access to the Internet, are you sure that your LANCache-DNS container is resolving DNS queries correctly?

 

My assumption is that it doesn't resolve DNS requests properly because it can't even grab the latest version number from the prefills and therefore it fails to download the applications itself.

 

You can try to not set the parameter --dns in the LANCache-Prefill container and see if it downloads the applications properly, if yes then LANCache-DNS is not resolving DNS queries properly.


Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I've gone ahead and removed the --dns portion of the config and still no luck. I even uninstalled, removed image and reinstalled once more without making any changes to the default config and still no dice. 

The only thing I can think of is if there's some sort of filtering on my network going on. I'm using a Unifi Dream Machine Pro for my router/firewall and I use Cloudflares Malware DNS filter 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2 as default DNS for my network. However I've never had any issues like this using any other Unraid Container/Application.

227882769_Screenshot2023-01-25151428.thumb.png.a6688d58990ac40b58b2ec7ccb45b6ba.png

852442740_Screenshot2023-01-25151554.thumb.png.6f4bac71f374284dd085b50f3524f5ef.png

IPS/IDS Filter settings in my UDMP Firewall

 image.thumb.png.53367c202d7b9cd73d6c85c4329547ff.png

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Mister Pipps said:

The only thing I can think of is if there's some sort of filtering on my network going on. I'm using a Unifi Dream Machine Pro for my router/firewall and I use Cloudflares Malware DNS filter 1.1.1.2 and 1.0.0.2 as default DNS for my network. However I've never had any issues like this using any other Unraid Container/Application.

My containers work a little different, at least most of them because they pull the applications on start and check for updates on start/restart from the container itself, so to speak no app is shipped with my container by default.

 

The container tries to contact the GitHub API what latest version is available and then downloads it, in your case it seems the container can't connect to the GitHub API whatsoever.

BTW Once the app is installed and next time it can't communicate with the API the container will start just fine.

 

Open up a terminal and see if this command is working or what the output is:

apt-get update

and also this command:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/tpill90/battlenet-lancache-prefill/releases/latest | jq -r '.tag_name'

 

6 minutes ago, Mister Pipps said:

IPS/IDS Filter settings in my UDMP Firewall

I'm really not that familiar with Unify but these should be the incoming rules and not the outgoing if I'm not mistaken? Do you have some kind of AdBlocking on your network somewhere?

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Open up a terminal and see if this command is working or what the output is:

apt-get update

and also this command:

wget -qO- https://api.github.com/repos/tpill90/battlenet-lancache-prefill/releases/latest | jq -r '.tag_name'

 


I assume you meant to run those commands under the containers terminal, but I ran them under the base unraid terminal too and came up with these results.

1273284471_Screenshot2023-01-25155044.thumb.png.7f703f594c7482c1aa5f815014d3690a.png

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Mister Pipps said:

I assume you meant to run those commands under the containers terminal, but I ran them under the base unraid terminal too and came up with these results.

Good that you've run it on both terminals but I actually meant that you should run it in a container Terminal.

 

The first screenshot that you've posted shows clearly that the wget command can pull the version number but in the second window you see that outputs nothing, even the apt-get update command fails, this is a clear indication that the container has no Internet connection or at least the DNS resolving isn't working properly (even apt-get update tells you that it couldn't resolve the host name).

 

I would suggest that you put the --dns parameter again in the Extra Parameters with Advanced View turned on but this time try Google or Cloudflare DNS server and see if that changes anything and you can execute the commands from a container terminal, this would be the Cloudflare DNS:

--dns=1.1.1.1

 

If that also doesn't help I noticed that you don't specified a IP for the LANCache-Prefill container on br0, can you try to set one and see if that changes something?

 

I really don't know what is going on on your system because this has nothing to do with my container and it rather seems that something is miss configured.

 

If you already have set the DHCP server to your LANCache-DNS please remember that the container will get the DNS server from your LANCache container assigned (when not explicitly specifying another one like above with Cloudflare DNS) but also keep in mind that your local computer maybe has still the old DNS server assigned. Just in case the LANCache-DNS isn't working properly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If that also doesn't help I noticed that you don't specified a IP for the LANCache-Prefill container on br0, can you try to set one and see if that changes something?


download.jpg.5a9921fe4c3558dac7d347b626793d78.jpg

So it looks like my problem was that I didn't assign a local IP to the container. I skipped over it because Spaceinvader skipped it in the video and it was listed as (optional) in the config.

I was able to get a result from apt-get update using both dns=1.1.1.1 AND dns=192.168.111.6 (Lancache-dns)

I think I should be able to continue from this point. Thank you so much for all the help! I hope this helps someone else out as well. 

1326687875_Screenshot2023-01-25161259.thumb.png.2084e3ff2475235bbb34784d528e8afd.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hello ich777.

 

Question regarding the owncast docker. I see it was recently updated to support nvidia GPU hardware transcoding. I'm using a P2000 in my system and I've set up owncast to use the transcoder but from what I can see the gpu is not reporting any activity.  The owncast log reports using the nvec codec, ("Video transcoder started using nvidia nvenc with 1 stream variants.") but I am not seeing any evidence of it.  

 

Can you confirm the docker is using the hardware gpu for transcoding?

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, eds said:

I'm using a P2000 in my system and I've set up owncast to use the transcoder but from what I can see the gpu is not reporting any activity.  The owncast log reports using the nvec codec, ("Video transcoder started using nvidia nvenc with 1 stream variants.") but I am not seeing any evidence of it.  

Can you please post screenshots from your configuration?

Please also post screenshots from your Docker template with Advanced View enabled.

 

7 minutes ago, eds said:

Can you confirm the docker is using the hardware gpu for transcoding?

On my system both VA-API and NVENC where working when I've tested it.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you please post screenshots from your configuration?

Please also post screenshots from your Docker template with Advanced View enabled.

 

On my system both VA-API and NVENC where working when I've tested it.

 

Thanks for the quick response.

Not sure what you want to see from the owncast config.  The owncast log says: "Video transcoder started using nvidia nvenc with 1 stream variants." But I can see no evidence of that.  Is there a command in the docker that can be run by ffmpeg to give data on the nvidia hardware that is using the nvenc codec (like the gpu id)?

Below is what i see in the admin area which appears to be normal.

And attached is the advanced view.  I pretty much guessed by using the docker notes (and having done this for other dockers) where everything goes.  Let me know your thoughts..

 

owncast -admin.jpg

owncast-admin.png

owncast.jpg

owncast2.jpg

Link to comment
7 hours ago, eds said:

Let me know your thoughts..

You are missing the Variable: "NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES" with the Value: "all" in your template like described here:

 

Can you issue:

nvidia-smi

NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hello, I would like to ask for some help.

Im trying to setup a docker to use a vpn connection to connect to the internet, but I also would like access its dashboard from my local network.

(Im connecting to my unraid via wireguard.)

So iam using the openvpn client and adding the "--net=container:OpenVPN-Client" parameter to my docker I tested it and it has access to the internet through the vpn, but I can't access the UI of the docker.

I tried adding the port to the OpenVPN client but no luck.

Then I looked an my guess I should use something like this mentioned in the readme.

Problem when I try to run the command (443 is already in use)

 

docker run -ti --name web4 -p 90:80 -p 553:443 --link OpenVPN-Client:Firefox -d binhex/arch-nginx -w "http://Firefox:8282/Firefox;/Firefox"



The error I get is: "[dumb-init] -w: No such file or directory"

For testing to access a gui I try to use the ich777/firefox app, and the application name is "Firefox"

Any idea what can be wrong? or is it possibly to access my docker like it would use bridge , but still using the vpn net?


Edit:
I found the problem, the firefox template is bugy I guess, i modified the vnc port from 8080 to 8282 but when i check the docker page i see this when the network is set to none:  ":8080/TCP:8080". Using the 8080 in the oVPN client port section does the trick

Edited by gdaniel
Problem found
Link to comment
19 hours ago, ich777 said:

You are missing the Variable: "NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES" with the Value: "all" in your template like described here:

 

Can you issue:

nvidia-smi

NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES

 

Thanks for catching that missing variable.

 

I added it -- still no go.

 

GPU is not being used when encoding.  

 

nvidia-smi shows nothing running when a stream is being sent to owncast.

 

Will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can narrow down the issue.

 

Thanks again!

Link to comment
10 hours ago, gdaniel said:

I found the problem, the firefox template is bugy I guess

Which container are you using?

 

10 hours ago, gdaniel said:

i modified the vnc port from 8080 to 8282 but when i check the docker page i see this when the network is set to none:  ":8080/TCP:8080". Using the 8080 in the oVPN client port section does the trick

No, this is the default behavior, I would recommend that you delete the port entry in the Firefox template because it's not working anymore and could cause some issues in the future because the container basically has no network anymore.

You always have to use the internal port from the container that you want to route through to the OpenVPN containter in the OpenVPN container template (BTW, if you are using my container you can also change the internal port number from Firefox if needed to avoid port conflicts).

 

Hope that makes sense.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, eds said:

Will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can narrow down the issue.

I hope that my test server is up and running in about a week so that I can test it on my own but I can't tell for sure since I had really bad luck with parts this month (it should have been up and running at the beginning of January... :/ ).

Link to comment
20 hours ago, ich777 said:

I hope that my test server is up and running in about a week so that I can test it on my own but I can't tell for sure since I had really bad luck with parts this month (it should have been up and running at the beginning of January... :/ ).

Ok.  So this was my error.

 

I was streaming at a rate "passthrough".  This means, while encoding appears to be happening (according to the log), it is not.   No encoding is happening server side - the stream is literally just passing through.

 

I discovered that you can have multiple streams of different bitrate, frame rate, resolution, etc (low, medium, high and passthrough if you will).

 

It's here that encoding actually happens.  Once you set the different rates and begin the stream, the hardware transcoder using the gpu is engaged.

 

Great work on nvidia plugin and this docker OP!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi, 

 

My apologies if I am posting in the wrong place, I am new to this forum and still figuring it out.

 

 

My setup:

-Unraid v6.11.5, fixed IP 192.168.1.111

-activated a Wireguard VPN in the built-in 'Settings', 'VPN Manager'

-pihole docker installed using network 'Custom : br0' (was one of the pre-existing options, I did not create it), and a fixed IP 192.168.1.112

 

 

Behaviour:

-when I am on my local network, I am able to connect to the Unraid GUI by going to 192.168.1.111

-when I am on my local network, I am able to connect to the pihole GUI admin page by going to 192.168.1.112

-when I am on another network and make a Wireguard connection, I am able to connect to the Unraid GUI by going to 192.168.1.111

-when I am on another network and make a Wireguard connection, I am not able to connect to the pihole GUI admin page by going to 192.168.1.112, instead I get a 'page not found' error

 

 

From watching 

I think that the problem is the Unraid built-in Wireguard VPN server does not know how to access the Docker br0 network IP address 192.168.1.112 of the pihole container.

 

 

I don't know how to fix this problem (if that is actually the problem), and I thought I would ask here for help before I start trying to figure out IPVLANs and static routes (if that might solve my current problem).

 

Thank you very much for the help!

Edited by rousseau
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.