[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

1 hour ago, GateCityRadio said:

I'm having an issue with Krusader. I used to be able to unpack rar files but now it says rar is unsupported. Is there something wrong with my install or is this normal now?

Are you sure you where using my container?

I have to take a look if unrat is installed in my container, I‘ve not changed the packages that are included in my container.

34 minutes ago, FiSHxFiSH said:

RustDeskServer-AiO

As the container name implies this is the server component not the web client so that you can establish connections between your clients through your server.

Sorry the web client is not part of my container and will never be.

52 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Are you sure you where using my container?

I have to take a look if unrat is installed in my container, I‘ve not changed the packages that are included in my container.

Oh, that could be it, now that I think about it I was using a different one several months ago and was having stability issues with it and I changed over to your container. I guess I just assumed that was part of Krusader. Thanks!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LostPhoenix said:

MagicMirror-2 container auto updates magic mirror which as of Release v2.25.0 (Oct 1st) requires Node18.  The image us running v16.20.1

Thanks for the report. Will update it ASAP and let you know.

Update done, tested and working over here.

I have a question with RustDeskServer-AiO, I can connect to rustdesk server inside local network, but can't connect to rustdesk server outside.
I have aready port forwarding TCP 21115-21119 UDP 21116 to my unraid machine, either type in domain or public ip don't work

Edited by FiSHxFiSH
2 minutes ago, FiSHxFiSH said:

I have a question with RustDeskServer-AiO, I can connect to rustdesk server inside local network, but can't connect to rustdesk server outside.

If it is working in your local network then something with your port forwarding is wrong, please double check your forwarding.

Please do a pure NAT forwarding of the ports so to speak allow all connections to these ports from outside and point them to your local Unraid IP (or container IP).

Hey - latest upgrade seems to have broken magicmirror2 docker.

Upgrade goes through but then the app won't start and goes into a boot loop.

They have tweaked the node version which seems to have caused loads of issues with ubuntu / raspbian.

Could this be the issue in the docker as well?

To fix, i had to create a new appdata directory, reinstall modules and copy over the config and custom css files from the broken appdata folder. I have 3 magicmirror docker containers running on one unraid server, one ugpraded (but now fixed and two remain untouched)

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated

7 minutes ago, olipassey said:

They have tweaked the node version which seems to have caused loads of issues with ubuntu / raspbian.

I tested this on a fresh installed instance and it started fine.

Do you maybe have many modules installed where one is not compatible with node18?

Have you yet tried to enable force update?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I tested this on a fresh installed instance and it started fine.

Do you maybe have many modules installed where one is not compatible with node18?

Have you yet tried to enable force update?

Fresh install is indeed fine - it seems to be the upgrade that fails.

I'm using the same config and modules on both sides of the upgrade and they function on both, so not sure its a module causing the issue.

Yes, i tried the force update and it had the same behaviour.

I think its more a magicmirror issue than a docker issue (as it works on a fresh install) but appreciate your reply. I can work around it for now. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, olipassey said:

I think its more a magicmirror issue than a docker issue (as it works on a fresh install) but appreciate your reply. I can work around it for now. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, can't help here much, maybe it's a config or somewhere a left over file from node16.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I just looked into my Dockerfile and unrar is part of the container? Can you maybe post a screenshot of the exact error?

Hi, I'm selecting the file, then going into File and selecting unpack. It then asks me where (usually the second pane). It then says "File Name.rar, unsupported archive type." I thought maybe it was that specific .rar file but I've tried it on files that worked in the past and they don't work either. 

28 minutes ago, GateCityRadio said:

I thought maybe it was that specific .rar file but I've tried it on files that worked in the past and they don't work either. 

That's strange, nothing changed in the container itself, I will investigate further and try it over here.

@ich777

Please help. I've been struggling for 3-4 days now with multiple different issues with LANCache and LANCache-Prefill.

Issues I've come across (I believe in order of operations)

First to explain the unRAID setup it is as follows:
i3 10300f

16GB of RAM

(initially a 4TB RAID 0 Inland SSD array)

Now: single 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD

1) When downloading over (what is currently estimated) to be 20GB worth of data, my downloads to the cache will become unresponsive. I will hang at 99% with no extra data being written to my SSD.

2) When attempting to restart the prefill container, the cached data is seen and is read, however, when the downloads begin again, if X GB worth of data is downloaded, I will experieince the same issue again of the download hanging at 99%.

3) If smaller games are downloaded (3GB or under) these appear to download without any issue.

4) I've attempted to rebuild both the container image and the appdata folder data multiple times, each time results in the same issue of a hung download at 99%. This happened after I swapped from RAID 0 to a single SSD as well.

5) Currently, today, after attempting a new setup on another server I have, I am getting this error:
     Warning!  lancache.steamcontent.com is resolving to a public IP address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX).
     Prefill will download directly from the internet, and will not be cached by Lancache.

6) After this began to present itself, I went back to my primary server I was setting LANCache up on, and it now is beginning to do the exact same error as above in 5).

I'm at a whits end and could really use some help. I can post whatever logs you'd like. Discuss system setup. Whatever you need, I am begging for help.

35 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

1) When downloading over (what is currently estimated) to be 20GB worth of data, my downloads to the cache will become unresponsive. I will hang at 99% with no extra data being written to my SSD.

I don‘t understand downloading to you PC or through Prefill through thr LanCache?

Check the logs, you most likely have some corrupt data in it.

36 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

2) When attempting to restart the prefill container, the cached data is seen and is read, however, when the downloads begin again, if X GB worth of data is downloaded, I will experieince the same issue again of the download hanging at 99%.

Sounds like crc errors and defective chunks.

36 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

3) If smaller games are downloaded (3GB or under) these appear to download without any issue.

This semms also related to 1) and 2)

37 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

4) I've attempted to rebuild both the container image and the appdata folder data multiple times, each time results in the same issue of a hung download at 99%. This happened after I swapped from RAID 0 to a single SSD as well.

What do the logs say? Did you also rebuild the entire lancache folder?

38 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

5) Currently, today, after attempting a new setup on another server I have, I am getting this error:
     Warning!  lancache.steamcontent.com is resolving to a public IP address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX).
     Prefill will download directly from the internet, and will not be cached by Lancache.

This indicates your lancache is not working properly.

38 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

6) After this began to present itself, I went back to my primary server I was setting LANCache up on, and it now is beginning to do the exact same error as above in 5).

I would strongl yrecommend that you post on the support thread from lancache aince this seems not like a lancache-prefill issue.

Also check your access.log from the lancache container but please note that I‘m not the maintainer from lancache itself, I only created a container for lancache-prefill.

8 minutes ago, IpanemaX said:

I am using it locally and it runs on a Ryzen 5 3600 with 32GB RAM. The CPU is usually idling.

This should not be an issue at all, habe you played around with the sliders for quality and compression?

It can get really slow if you set the the quality too high.

Have you yet tried to us another computer and see if it‘s the same there too?

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This should not be an issue at all, habe you played around with the sliders for quality and compression?

It can get really slow if you set the the quality too high.

Have you yet tried to us another computer and see if it‘s the same there too?

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't have access to another computer yet but it runs ok on my phone. It might be slow since I updated to macOS Sonoma. Any ideas for a solution? I did not change the quality and compression settings.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t understand downloading to you PC or through Prefill through thr LanCache?

Check the logs, you most likely have some corrupt data in it.

Sounds like crc errors and defective chunks.

This semms also related to 1) and 2)

What do the logs say? Did you also rebuild the entire lancache folder?

This indicates your lancache is not working properly.

I would strongl yrecommend that you post on the support thread from lancache aince this seems not like a lancache-prefill issue.

Also check your access.log from the lancache container but please note that I‘m not the maintainer from lancache itself, I only created a container for lancache-prefill.

Thank you for all of the replies. Sorry mine is coming in as 1 large reply:

"I don‘t understand downloading to you PC or through Prefill through thr LanCache?

Check the logs, you most likely have some corrupt data in it."
I've checked unRAID, LANCache, LANCache-DNS, and LANCache-Prefill logs, nothing appears to be indicating anything about corrupted data.

"Sounds like crc errors and defective chunks."

I agree to a certain point. If I was getting some kind of CRC errors, I would suspect unRAID to detect them and warn me about it.

"What do the logs say? Did you also rebuild the entire lancache folder?"
Logs are plain, nothing useful in them. Yes, I have rebuilt the LANCache folder multiple times. As well as the prefill container. Same issue. I've also ran LANCache prefill from my windows PCs, had it detect LANCAche on the network, and began prefilling. However, the same issue of a hung download occurs.

"I would strongl yrecommend that you post on the support thread from lancache aince this seems not like a lancache-prefill issue."

I will be doing that as soon as I can. I'm working through the motions of replies I have from other places I posted to this about.

"Also check your access.log from the lancache container but please note that I‘m not the maintainer from lancache itself, I only created a container for lancache-prefill."

I will check that for any additional anomalies.

As another general update. I do have another unRAID system that has a 500GB RAID 1 cache drive system setup. I am currently testing to see if I can replicate the problem on the other system.

7 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

I've checked unRAID, LANCache, LANCache-DNS, and LANCache-Prefill logs, nothing appears to be indicating anything about corrupted data.

Are you sure that nothing is in the error.log or access.log from lancache itself?

I agree to a certain point. If I was getting some kind of CRC errors, I would suspect unRAID to detect them and warn me about it.

No, these are one occurring while downloading and don't have anything to do with the HDD itself, the HDD can't know that the chunk that you've downloaded doesn't match the CRC.

I've also ran LANCache prefill from my windows PCs, had it detect LANCAche on the network, and began prefilling. However, the same issue of a hung download occurs.

If you experiencing this issues search your log for error or crc

However if you are experiencing that even from a PC downloading a game, lancache itself is the cause of the issue.

As another general update. I do have another unRAID system that has a 500GB RAID 1 cache drive system setup. I am currently testing to see if I can replicate the problem on the other system.

Please don't use lancache on raid1, it will be certainly not fast...