[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

4 hours ago, SPOautos said:

so that Nextcloud and the Photoprism picture database on both under the same parent folder?

No, don't do that, that messes up your whole installation.

4 hours ago, SPOautos said:

Or do you just mean to have a shared folder

Exactly

Just create a new path im the template from nextcloud that points to the directory on unraid for photoprism, don't change anything that's existing.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, ich777 said:

Hope everything is working as expected.

Yes all is right but in the use case it's not real efficient because you need to install wine prefix for each games and it's very long, you have right the proton approach it's more simple :) 

23 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

Yes all is right but in the use case it's not real efficient because you need to install wine prefix for each games and it's very long, you have right the proton approach it's more simple :) 

So you don't need that build anymore? If not I will delete it from dockerhub.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, ich777 said:

Yep I know that and the informations are all on the previous page I think but most of the people are not configuring photoprism with MariaDB or MySQL.

I cann add the options but don't think that anybody uses it, I'm also thinking about pulling the container from the CA app because the reals devs don't take Unraid serious and don't understand how Unraid permissions work (or most consumer grade NAS are working).

EDIT: btw I thank you for researching this yourself since most people doesn't do that.

I had a *lot* of issues with the SQLite database in photoprism actually, lots of "database is locked" errors. After switching it out to MariaDB it just works and everything is much much faster now as a whole. 

FWIW I pinged the devs on SQLite and they said they tested ith a 6 core machine with fairly standard RAM but I'm running 16T/32C and 128GB of RAM so perhaps my machine was going *too* fast for it to keep up and was trying to move on while the SQLite DB was still locked? Not sure but moving to MariaDB solved the issues.

If you do decide to pull it from CA let me know - I will take over the template, I already have an approved CA repo so I can put it up instead if you wish. Your template works great so far on everything with it! 

I plan to roll with this as a self hosted Google Photos replacement (best thing I can find for now) and get Nextcloud to auto-upload photos from my phone to external storage that is the import folder of Photoprism and script auto-imports to happen every hour or overnight each day. :)

• Like 2
On 10/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, ich777 said:

No, don't do that, that messes up your whole installation.

Exactly

Just create a new path im the template from nextcloud that points to the directory on unraid for photoprism, don't change anything that's existing.

I created the new directory in Nextcloud template then added the external storage and it is showing up great in Nextcloud. However it doesnt seem like I'm able to redirect the InstantUpload picture folder to the external storage folder. It 'seems' like Nextcloud creates those InstantUpload folders and wont allow me to redirect them. I even just tried to move the Instaupload picture folder to the external storage folder but it wont let me move it. 

How were you able to connect your InstantUpload camera folder to the external storage folder?

I promise I'm trying!!!  lol

Edited by SPOautos
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

How were you able to connect your InstantUpload camera folder to the external storage folder?

Are you on iOS?

I don't know if it works tgere too but in the app I click on the menu button (3 vertical lines) the on automatic uploadand then I can create a custom upload and there I can choose where to upload which files... :)

Eventually it's hidden somewhere in the settinfs on iOS, if not, I recommend creating an issue on github so that they eventually implement that in iOS.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:54 PM, Gunnm said:

Also isn't ComicRack a GUI application for Windows? 
==> Yes it's that I have build a docker with wine and winetricks because, to be precise, it's doesn't work with mono-gecko we need to install wintricks and dotnet45 (and other tools wmi corefonts wsh57 all installable in the container) in this case I can launch the application without error. In the docker I share a directory (where the comics are stocked) with the wine explorer application I don't have any problem to read the directory. 

But Comicrack can't read the same directory (she don't launch the files parser) it's for that I suppose it's a problem between the dotnet45 and the directory shared by unraid because estrangely it's work when i deploy the same docker locally.   

All works fine with the docker debian-buster and the attached files unfortunately it is not very efficient

user.sh

Edited by Gunnm

Hello

Today I installed the excellent docker LuckyBackup. Besides my user shares, I also would like to use this application to backup my system data. However, when I try to backup my flash drive, I get an error message that I do not have the rights permissions to do so. How can I solve this.

thanks in advance

22 hours ago, AronD said:

Today I installed the excellent docker LuckyBackup. Besides my user shares, I also would like to use this application to backup my system data. However, when I try to backup my flash drive, I get an error message that I do not have the rights permissions to do so. How can I solve this.

This is because the application inside the container doesn't run as root, you can take the script below to change that so it starts the application as root and you can read/write in all directorys on your server.

1. Place the 'user.sh' somewhere on your server
  2. Go in you template
  3. Create a new Path at the bottom
  4. As host path choose the path where you put your script from step 1 (you have to physically type in 'user.sh' at the end - you can't choose it)
  5. As container path type in: '/opt/scripts/user.sh'
  6. Click on add, save and start the container

Script: user.sh

Please report back if everything is working.

49 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

I've been trying to run a script that launches firefox from crontab in the debian-docker however I'm having no luck in getting it to display. I've tried exporting the display ( I believe it's 99) but that's not working. Anyone any suggestions?

Can you share what you've done exactly and where?

You don't have to export the display, I think maybe you run it as root instead of 'debian'?

On 9/20/2020 at 2:00 PM, Vesko said:

Hi,can someone post screen shot with Stun-Turn server for Nectcloud i cant get it work.

Id like to ask is it works for anyone at all so i know if i still have to continue to trying.

Thank tou very much.

Hi, did you ever get this working? I am also using the nextcloud as per SpaceInvader video set up. Did you install it on the proxynet? 

2 hours ago, akamemmnon said:

Hi, did you ever get this working? I am also using the nextcloud as per SpaceInvader video set up. Did you install it on the proxynet? 

He said that it works in this post:

Eventually look a few post above it and you will find the answer...

I have to look into the spaceinvader video if the aproach wich the proxy net has any benefit (are you also enabling the access to the host network in the docker settings).

8 hours ago, akamemmnon said:

Hi,i dont know but Nextcloud Talk android not work proper on 4G i mean outside my Lan i dont know even if configure proper Stun/Turn server i dont have so much skills maybe.We have to wait someone with more skills to help us to make tutorial .I wish i could but i not so smart :) .

Could be the App for android  buggy or nextcloud docker cant connect with Stun/Turn server docker i dont know.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you share what you've done exactly and where?

You don't have to export the display, I think maybe you run it as root instead of 'debian'?

in my experience when running a script from crontab by default it doesn't have access to the display so you have to export the display in order to run GUI apps. If I run as root I'm pretty sure it won't have any access to the display as the root user doesn't have an instance?

basically I have a script that runs firefox and uses xdotool to get a url (it changes hence the need for xdotool) which is then passed to python - parsed and then passed onto an mqtt server.

so it's just a bash script that needs access to display.

16 hours ago, Tungmeister said:

Surely the crontab needs to be running as the Debian user in order to launch Firefox and access the display session? (as It did on the pi I'm migrating it from)

EDIT: Just tried calling it with the above from cron but nothing gets shown on "screen".

After reading the comment again, are you running cron inside the container or on unraid and pass it to the container?

If you are running crone inside the container it wont work...

You have two ways to do it, run cron from unraid and pass it to the container or make a script with a while true loop and let it sleep for howlong ever you want and the execute the command (there are other ways too with 'at'), in my opinion the second way would be the best.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, CorneliousJD said:

For the PhotoPrism docker you should add in options for using mysql isntead of sqlite since the built in sqlite is horrible with performance and getting itself "locked" causing issues.

Here's what I've added on mine to get it working.

Name: Database Driver

Key: PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER

Value: sqlite (default) or mysql

Description: Change my mysql instead of sqlite to use a MariaDB or MySQL database.

Name: MySQL Data Source Name

Key: PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DSN

value: user:pass@tcp(IP.OF.DATABASE.SERVER:3306)/photoprism?charset=utf8mb4,utf8&parseTime=true

Description: MySQL database connection information. Leave alone if using SQLite

NOTE. Would just need to test actually leaving DSN blank/unchanged for sqlite, it shouldn't use it at all if sqlite is in use, but I haven't actually tested this.

All info from here: https://dl.photoprism.org/docker/docker-compose.yml

I have this up and working on the MariaDB container with this information above.

Hi,

I've just tried to usw mysql for photoprism. I've created a mysql user "photoprism" and database "photoprism" in advance, but photoprism itself does not use the mysql database (no table is created), instead the index.db file is growing.

I'm using following flags:

-e 'PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER '='mysql' -e 'PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DSN '='photoprism:photoprism_pwd@tcp(192.168.xx.xx:3306)/photoprism?charset=utf8mb4,utf8&parseTime=true'

After a fresh start there is no information regarding the database used:

time="2020-10-30T12:36:36+01:00" level=info msg="webdav: /originals/ waiting for connection"
time="2020-10-30T12:36:36+01:00" level=info msg="webdav: /import/ waiting for connection"
time="2020-10-30T12:36:36+01:00" level=info msg="starting web server at 0.0.0.0:2342"
time="2020-10-30T12:36:42+01:00" level=info msg="session: open /photoprism/storage/cache/sessions.json: no such file or directory"

Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: SOLVED... during posting this comment, I've seen that the keys PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DRIVER and PHOTOPRISM_DATABASE_DSN had an extra ' ' (space character) in the template. I've removed this in the edit-dialog, now the database-tables are created 😅

Thanks and best regards

Bastian

Edited by BasWeg
solved
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, unstatic said:

hi,

Im having trouble with scheduling a backup with luckybackup to run every day at a specific hour, i on click cronIT !! but on "view current crontab" there is no cron there. am i doing something wrong? if i run manually works fine.

I have to look into this but I think it has to do with it that cron isn't enabled in the container itself, I will fix this as soon as possible ;)