[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

Recommended Posts

Thanks @ich777 I got it working.

 

 

Hello @binhex I don't think I'm on the wrong support thread. It's true that I'm setting up rclone and following up the steps of @SpaceInvaderOne but as I said, he mention this app/plugin/docker and if you watch the tutorial video, the image I attached earlier is different from the YT video so I asked here. If I'm on the wrong support thread, should I ask on the rclone thread when my concern is on this app/plugin/docker? 😀

 

 

Edited by HHUBS
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, binhex said:

which plugin?, ich777 has multiple docker images, no plugins that im aware of, your posted screenshot is of krusader not rclone, im confused.

 

It's true that I'm wrong referring to this docker vs plugin. You must understand that not everyone is techy as you right now. I'm a newbie on unraid and still learning.

 

The screenshot I posted is what I'm referring to. So if I called it today a "plugin", I will call it tomorrow a "docker".

 

Whether I call it a plugin or docker, it's on me and not on you.

 

Glad I install @ich777 Krusader 🥰

 

 

Edited by HHUBS
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

You must understand that not everyone is techy as you right now. I'm a newbie on unraid and still learning.

i completely get that, if i didnt correct you then you would not know its wrong right? :-), it still leaves the quesiton as to why you thought the screenshot was rclone (its not its krusader)?, are you trying to see rclone mounts through krusader, is that the krux of the issue here?, rclone and krusader are two very different applications.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/1/2021 at 12:11 PM, ich777 said:

Can you send me a screenshot from what you mean exactly?

I don't have that issue on a new install from Krusader, I see the progress on top in Krusader itself and no new tab is opened.

 

Hopefully this helps. It looks like its creating a tab at the bottom when doing a file copy/move. I can switch to the other tab at the bottom. I assume this is a setting, I would prefer to see the copy up at the top. 

 

image.thumb.png.0c42cb36be4f6d3b286a2e0357380f8d.png

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, kri kri said:

Hopefully this helps. It looks like its creating a tab at the bottom when doing a file copy/move. I can switch to the other tab at the bottom. I assume this is a setting, I would prefer to see the copy up at the top. 

Oh I see, it's because I'm forcing windows to be maximized.

Can you try to wipe the container entirely and also delete the folder for Krusader in your appdata folder?

I still can't reproduce this on my installation, only got the progress bar on the top right in Krusader itself.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

I still can't reproduce this on my installation, only got the progress bar on the top right in Krusader itself.

 

image.thumb.png.25b965058f4b300fb3cd6de494f5360e.png

 

My container has default settings and I can't reproduce this behavior either. 

 

@kri kri I also think that a reinstallation should help here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey,

 

It seems that LuckyBackup crashes when I'm adding a new task to a profile after 7 task's.

I'm trying to add a remote destination task, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

 

Validate and okay- buttons both crash the application.

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, REllU said:

It seems that LuckyBackup crashes when I'm adding a new task to a profile after 7 task's.

I'm trying to add a remote destination task, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

 

Validate and okay- buttons both crash the application.

Does the Validation and Okay button always crash luckyBackup or do I get this wrong?

 

Also do you mean 7 tasks or profiles, only asking because I have luckyBackup on my Backup server with about 15 tasks each one of the 15 tasks over SSH.

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does the Validation and Okay button always crash luckyBackup or do I get this wrong?

 

Also do you mean 7 tasks or profiles, only asking because I have luckyBackup on my Backup server with about 15 tasks each one of the 15 tasks over SSH.

 

I originally had only one profile, and I had 7 task's on it. I tried to add a new one, and the app crashed.

I then duplicated the default profile, to try this on another profile, and the crash happened again.

On this duplicate profile, I then tried to remove one of the task's, and add a new one. Adding the 7th task went OK (though, once I saved the profile, the app crashed) After this, I tried to add an 8th task into the new profile, and a crash happened again.

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, REllU said:

Adding the 7th task went OK

Please check if the 7th profile has anything in it that crashes luckyBackup.

Maybe try deleting the 7th and 8th task and after that try it again with anythin on your server just for testing purpouses.

 

As said above I have abou 15tl tasks in the default profile with no issue whatsoever.

Link to comment
39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check if the 7th profile has anything in it that crashes luckyBackup.

Maybe try deleting the 7th and 8th task and after that try it again with anythin on your server just for testing purpouses.

 

As said above I have abou 15tl tasks in the default profile with no issue whatsoever.

 

I did try deleting some task's, and creating new ones, resulting in same behavior. Don't know if it's related, and I couldn't really test it, but with previous versions creating new task's wasn't an issue.

 

Could you try creating a 16th task, and see if that works for you or not?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, REllU said:

I did try deleting some task's, and creating new ones, resulting in same behavior. Don't know if it's related, and I couldn't really test it, but with previous versions creating new task's wasn't an issue.

Nothing changed, I updated the container from Debian Buster to Bullseye, nothing else changed.

 

3 minutes ago, REllU said:

Could you try creating a 16th task, and see if that works for you or not?

Actually I got 19 tasks and created now a 20th task, hit save and it works fine, haven't tried to sync yet because this will take a few hours but I think this will work too.

Link to comment

Hi @ich777 I tried to install Firefox but is says "The command failed" port 8080 is allocated. I have krusader currently installed which uses port 8080.

 

Tried to change the "Network type" to "Custome: br0" and I can already see the firefox browser on a different IP. Is it possible to make it the same IP as my other docker containers?

 

Also, how can I change the Downloads folder to one of my SMB share?

 

Thank you so much. 

 

image.thumb.png.3be1d98f58d7de468caece0e43303fa3.png

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

port 8080 is allocated

Change the port in the template to something different like 8081 and put it on the bridge network.

 

40 minutes ago, HHUBS said:

Also, how can I change the Downloads folder to one of my SMB share?

Create a new entry at the bottom in the template with "Add new path, port, variable" select path -> at the host path select the folder which you want to use for the downloads on unRAID at the container path use /mnt/Downloads.

When you download something in the container set as destination the path /mnt/Downloads.

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Change the port in the template to something different like 8081 and put it on the bridge network.

 

Already did that earlier and got a refuse connection error that's why I changed to "br0". Now I tried again and this time it's working. Hehe.

 

Thank you @ich777

Edited by HHUBS
  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Which is better this version or binhex? Been using Binhex since the beginning but curious if ich777 docker vers is superior in any way?

If you are familiar with the container from @binhex then I recommend to stick to it, they do basically the same. ;)

 

@binhex containers are based on Arch, mine are based on Debian, I include also different languages with the container, don't know if you can change the language in the containers from @binhex.

 

I've made the container multilingual because someone on the German sub forums asked for it if it's possible to make it German.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, kri kri said:

 

Hopefully this helps. It looks like its creating a tab at the bottom when doing a file copy/move. I can switch to the other tab at the bottom. I assume this is a setting, I would prefer to see the copy up at the top. 

 

image.thumb.png.0c42cb36be4f6d3b286a2e0357380f8d.png

I'm extremely new to Unraid, but I also have this same issue. I've just installed this version after having some issues with the binhex version. So I thought I'd give this one a try instead.

Edited by BoutTime
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, BoutTime said:

I'm extremely new to Unraid, but I also have this same issue. I've just installed this version after having some issues with the binhex version. So I thought I'd give this one a try instead.

I will look into this ASAP.

Have you installed the default english version I think, evnetually it's related to the language, will report back. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will look into this ASAP.

Have you installed the default english version I think, evnetually it's related to the language, will report back. ;)

Wow that was quick! I assume it's the default English version. It's in English and I'm in England. Thanks for responding so fast.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, BoutTime said:

Wow that was quick! I assume it's the default English version. It's in English and I'm in England. Thanks for responding so fast.

Yes, but I'm actually from Austria and I speak German and I use the German version from the container.

Please update the container by turning on the Advanced View on the Docker page and clickgrafik.png.558f1168d45a551f213a6ccf95223276.png, should be fixed now. ;)

 

Seems like this was language specific... :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, but I'm actually from Austria and I speak German and I use the German version from the container.

Please update the container by turning on the Advanced View on the Docker page and clickgrafik.png.558f1168d45a551f213a6ccf95223276.png, should be fixed now. ;)

 

Seems like this was language specific... :D

That's fantastic. It's all working now. Danke Schon!

 

image.png.b5dcf04ad5654e5c5b9be5357ed1f159.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey, again!

 

I think I stumbled upon a solution by accident for the (LuckyBackup) cron-job not working with the snapshot files!

 

I created a new profile, that I wanted to run every hour or so (for our security cameras, to backup their video footage remotely)

While I was doing this, I noticed that the snapshot files were updated successfully!

 

Here's basically the step-by-step on how to get it to work:

1. You need another profile.

2. Set up your cron-jobs the way you want (either within the LuckyBackup itself, or with User Scripts.)

3. Let the cron-job run as it should.

4. Before checking the "manage backup" button within LB, change the profile, and then go back to the profile you're using

5. Check the "manage backup" button, and ta-dah! The snapshot should be updated correctly!

 

Somewhat useless rambling.

Spoiler

I'm probably going to try to create a useless-profile now, and just keep the GUI "locked" on to that profile. Hopefully, this'll allow LuckyBackup to manage multiple snapshots correctly, without me switching between the profiles daily.

 

This would also explain why for some users the cron-jobs are working exactly as intended, and for some (me included) were having issues with it. I never had another profile until now, so I wasn't swapping between them!

 

EDIT: I just tested this with a "useless" profile.

So I set the GUI to be on this other profile, then I ran the user-script within UnRaid to run the cron-job every minute for three times. And yes! It did work! Every one of those three snapshots were saved successfully within the LuckyBackup, and were shown in the GUI!

 

 

Edited by REllU
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.