Data drive getting Full

Morne

UnRAID never automatically moves files once they are on array drives.   The only time files are moved automatically is in the special case of to/from the cache dependant on the value of the Use Cache setting for a share.

you might want to look at the Split Level settings for your shares.    In the event of contention between the Allocation Method and Split Level settings then the Split Level always wins.   This can force files to go to disks that already quite full.

in terms of moving files that are already on the array, you might want to look into using the unBalance plugin.

Thanks for the reply.

would it be better to create folders and assign a drive to it or just scatter everything over all drives.

I dont mind just having a media folder with everything in there means if the drive fails i just replace it with a new drive and all will be fine.

Is there a way to just add files to the Folder Media and it just puts it everywhere on drives.

I do see on the shares that the is option for high Water , Fill up and most free space.

so if my understanding is correct high water will automatically copy the files everywhere.

thanks that is what i want .

hopefully last thing.

So let say the drive is now hit 250 GB and let say it was busy copy a folder will is split the folder or just start the folder on a new drive.

So it would prefer that the folder keeps all the files in the folder and not split up the folder .

That depends upon the split level of the share and how deep in the structure the folder actually is

Personally, I couldn't care less if say episode 1 was on the same disk as episode 2 or episode 3, and let unRaid decide where to put everything based upon my allocation method (which is highwater for all shares).  But, your use case may (or may not) be different