Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance

steelmm

Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged.

Please help i have been having random issues server crashes and needs to be reset every couple of days i am running the latest RC avaliable as of today 26 sept 2019

Please can i have help to sort this as i am running all new hardware at present.

tower-diagnostics-20190926-1632.zip

17 hours ago, trurl said:

Why do you have 200G for docker image? That is 10 times the recommended amount.

Are you using a USB drive for parity? USB, though permitted, is not recommended for disks in the array or cache pool due to unreliable connections with some implementations.

Hi thanks, yes my docker is this size due to the fact that I had many images already installed and I ran out of size storage.

I am using the USB due to no more room in the main case also I was having issues with the system before hand this was more stable for me in the previous version s of unraid installed

17 hours ago, trurl said:

Why do you have 200G for docker image? That is 10 times the recommended amount.

Are you using a USB drive for parity? USB, though permitted, is not recommended for disks in the array or cache pool due to unreliable connections with some implementations.

9 minutes ago, steelmm said:

Hi thanks, yes my docker is this size due to the fact that I had many images already installed and I ran out of size storage.

No matter how many dockers you have you should not need more than 20G unless you have one or more of your apps misconfigured. Making it larger than 20G will not fix the problem, it will just make it take longer to fill.

I recommend to delete docker image, recreate it at 20G, use Previous Apps on the Apps page to reinstall your dockers as they were, and then figure out what you have wrong about your apps.

The reason for filling docker image is usually some application writing to storage that isn't mapped. Typical mistakes are not using the same upper/lower case as you have in the docker mappings, or not specifying a path that begins with /

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there im getting the same message in "fix common problems" Your server has detected hardware errors. You should install mcelog via the NerdPack plugin, post your diagnostics and ask for assistance on the unRaid forums. The output of mcelog (if installed) has been logged.

Server has crashed a few time during file transfer, not sure if its related.

Have attached log

Any help would be great 

c3server-syslog-20191007-2319.zip

Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Machine Check Events detected on your server
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: Hardware event. This is not a software error.
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MCE 0
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: CPU 1 BANK 0 TSC 16c2e70e506 
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: TIME 1570489448 Mon Oct  7 16:04:08 2019
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MCG status:
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MCi status:
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: Corrected error
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: Error enabled
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MCA: Internal parity error
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: STATUS 9000004000010005 MCGSTATUS 0
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MCGCAP c09 APICID 2 SOCKETID 0 
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: MICROCODE 21
Oct  7 16:07:09 c3server root: CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 58

Quick googling suggests internal cache on the CPU.  Are you overclocking?

• 9 months later...

NEWBIE - just set up unRaid after losing 4TB of data which was the last straw.  I've been running Plex for the family since 2013, so and have never configured a RAID, so call me a glutton for punishment.  I've introduced Plex to many of my friends and finally a guy in my shop convinced me to look at unRaid.  He's been with you guys for a year and loves it.  So I joined Pro, and started the long process of transferring files.  During my corse I had to swoop out my M.2 cache for an older SSD because it kept losing it's formatting, thereby losing share info.  Once I swooped it, everything seamed to be working fine.  I installed Plex and all is working.  After a full day of Plex but directly after moving Plex appdata to cache drive I get the message about the hardware error.  It recommends I post the system logs. 

@Squid - You seam to know this stuff as if you wrote some of the code.  Looking forward to your two cents.....  I may just have to buy you that beer!

firefly-syslog-20200718-1643.zip

1 hour ago, vmattaur said:

NEWBIE - just set up unRaid after losing 4TB of data which was the last straw.  I've been running Plex for the family since 2013, so and have never configured a RAID, so call me a glutton for punishment.  I've introduced Plex to many of my friends and finally a guy in my shop convinced me to look at unRaid.  He's been with you guys for a year and loves it.  So I joined Pro, and started the long process of transferring files.  During my corse I had to swoop out my M.2 cache for an older SSD because it kept losing it's formatting, thereby losing share info.  Once I swooped it, everything seamed to be working fine.  I installed Plex and all is working.  After a full day of Plex but directly after moving Plex appdata to cache drive I get the message about the hardware error.  It recommends I post the system logs. 

@Squid - You seam to know this stuff as if you wrote some of the code.  Looking forward to your two cents.....  I may just have to buy you that beer!

firefly-syslog-20200718-1643.zip 23.62 kB · 0 downloads

Welcome to the Community mate. U dug up a one year old thread - you should really open a new one instead :)

1 hour ago, vmattaur said:

firefly-syslog-20200718-1643.zip 23.62 kB · 0 downloads

Certain combinations of CPUs / Motherboards / OS and/or a toaster that's either too light or too dark and never quite right will issue an MCE when initializing the CPU cores.  This is what's happened to you and can be safely ignored.

Thanks @Squid, enjoy the beers 😎!,  I figure I better pay it forward now, I'm sure to hit you guys up again in  near future.  Just so you know, my toaster has never performed better under unRaid.  Nothings changed other then me being forced to configure settings I'd otherwise left to default.  Keep up the great work.

14 hours ago, Jaster said:

Welcome to the Community mate. U dug up a one year old thread - you should really open a new one instead :)

Will do next time.  I posted before reading any rules but will find them and any other dos and don'ts for future post.  unRaid looks complex but runs very nicely, however I am almost positive I'll have additional questions.