[Support] xthursdayx - gPodder

13 hours ago, cgbspender said:

Hey there, thanks for your Gpodder docker, it works great. The one thing I need that isn't working is youtube-dl support. Do you know if there's a way to get that working or if it's planned in a future release? Thanks again!

Sorry, actually youtube-dl support is working fine, I just forgot to update the image on Docker Hub. Please try deleting your container and pulling it again. It should work after that. 

Edited by xthursdayx
6 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Sorry, actually youtube-dl support is working fine, I just forgot to update the image on Docker Hub. Please try deleting your container and pulling it again. It should work after that. 

Ah great, thanks for that. I was able to enable youtube-dl with the update. Sadly it doesn't seem like settings are sticking. I've got it set for youtube-dl to handle podcasts and verified it's enabled in the config page, and I have max podcast episodes set to 1000, but I'm still limited to 15 youtube episodes and 200 podcasts.

16 hours ago, cgbspender said:

Ah great, thanks for that. I was able to enable youtube-dl with the update. Sadly it doesn't seem like settings are sticking. I've got it set for youtube-dl to handle podcasts and verified it's enabled in the config page, and I have max podcast episodes set to 1000, but I'm still limited to 15 youtube episodes and 200 podcasts.

Sorry, I don't have that much experience with youtube-dl and only use it for a couple of channels I download, so can't speak to this too much. But I do know that youtube-dl has downloaded over 60 videos from one channel that I added via gPodder. So long as your config data is set to your appdata share, as my template suggests, then your settings should be maintained when the container is restarted. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 6:58 AM, aussie_huddo said:

Had some issues trying to get the web UI to load so I reinstalled the docker. 

I can now access the webUI however there is no record of my podcasts and downloads that are in the folder.

Can i import anything from existing appdata or just add podcast URLs and re-download?

Sorry for the difficulties! gPodder should recognize the existing podcasts in your /downloads directory once you add the podcast URLs back into gPodder. Sorry for the extra step of having to re-add the URLs, but you shouldn't have to re-download your existing episodes at least. 

Edited by xthursdayx
6 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Sorry for the difficulties! gPodder should recognize the existing podcasts in your /downloads directory once you add the podcast URLs back into gPodder. Sorry for the extra step of having to re-add the URLs, but you shouldn't have to re-download your existing episodes at least. 

FIxed the issue. Turns out my config folder was in a subdirectory: appdata/gpodder/gpodder

Once I pointed it there its all back and working as it should be

On 11/28/2021 at 1:18 AM, aussie_huddo said:

Is there any way to enable the dark theme for this docker?

I created a version with a dark theme installed. Change your container tag to xthursdayx/gpodder-docker:dark in your template and pull the image. You should have the dark theme installed then. 

Edited by xthursdayx
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 3:05 PM, Sherlock43 said:

I installed Gpodder, no issues, downloaded podcasts, however I realized there is no playback. How do I configure an audio player source from within Gpodder, that will work within Unraid. Has anyone done that?

Thanks 

Sadly, playback doesn't work through this container. I've tried to get it to work previously, but it never worked well enough to justify the effort. I just play my podcasts via another audio player.

• 1 year later...