[Support] xthursdayx - Ferdi-server [archived]

8 hours ago, Kaizac said:

@xthursdayxthanks for this docker! What happens when I leave DB ip on 127.0.0.1? It seems to work so far, but I didn't have a sqlite db installed AFAIK. Is that created within the docker?

The ferdi-server AdonisJS app that is packaged in this docker container has an sqlite db built into it, so you can either use that default database or use an external database, depending on your needs. If you have a high volume ferdi-server then I would recommend using a more robust database, but otherwise the default sqlite db should work fine. 

Edited by xthursdayx
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

after the last docker update, i can't log into. looks the last update is broken?

The most recent docker update only changed the readme, so it shouldn't have affected the running of your container at all... 

This was the commit: https://github.com/getferdi/server-docker/commit/0acd0bf30be6f14e5b0928257e72c0bc8b5e3da7

I just checked my container and I can still log in without any problem. Is it possible that your appdata folder was deleted or something?

no, everything is still there... maybe the database is corrupt? i checked my appdate backup from monday, but nothing changed. where can i find the sqlite database? i don't have much experience with dockers

but there must be some more changes... the ferdi-server webpage looks different.

btw, does the password reset work?

Edited by sonic6
On 6/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, sonic6 said:

no, everything is still there... maybe the database is corrupt? i checked my appdate backup from monday, but nothing changed. where can i find the sqlite database? i don't have much experience with dockers

but there must be some more changes... the ferdi-server webpage looks different.

Strange, I'm sorry to hear that. I hate to say it, but it sounds like you might need to just scrap the container and start from scratch. If you're using the default sqlite database you should be able to find it at /config/database/

In terms of the container updating, the container is designed to pull the newest version of ferdi-server whenever you restart the container, so perhaps you hadn't restarted it in a while? Or hadn't logged in to the web interface lately? It looks like the ferdi-server dashboard was updated in April. 

The password reset option is a new feature in ferdi-server and I am currently updating the env variables and documentation to get it running. Will hopefully update the image later today or early next week. 

i started with ferdi two weeks ago, so it must be the last version. but there is nothing in 

/mnt/user/appdata/ferdi-server/database

or

/mnt/user/appdata/ferdi-server/recipes

both are empty. same with the last backup from 06.15. (monday last week), both empty.

i am running mariaDB for nextcloud. So i' thinking about to use it for ferdi also, or isn' this a good idea?

5 hours ago, sonic6 said:

i am running mariaDB for nextcloud. So i' thinking about to use it for ferdi also, or isn' this a good idea?

Yeah, that's what I use for this container. It might be worth going with that. In general we recommend using a separate database this container in a production environment. 

On 6/22/2020 at 6:28 AM, sonic6 said:

i started with ferdi two weeks ago, so it must be the last version. but there is nothing in 

/mnt/user/appdata/ferdi-server/database

or

/mnt/user/appdata/ferdi-server/recipes

both are empty. same with the last backup from 06.15. (monday last week), both empty.

I figured out what the problem was. The docker container documentation and the UNRAID template had not been correctly updated after a previous update to the Dockerfile. If you update your Recipes directory to map to /app/recipes in the container and the database to map to /app/database your sqlite database should be persistent. I've also updated the UNRAID template, so assuming that it has populated to Community Apps you should be able to just delete your previous app and template and re-pull for the new mount points, if you'd prefer to go that route. I would still recommend using an more robust external database like mariaDB, but if you choose to use the default sqlite database it should at least work properly now. 

I'm still working on getting SMTP mailing to work correctly, but should be there shortly. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, xthursdayx said:

Yeah, that's what I use for this container. It might be worth going with that. In general we recommend using a separate database this container in a production environment. 

okay, a seperate database, but i can use the same mariaDB docker i used for nextcloud?

12 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

If you update your Recipes directory to map to /app/recipes in the container and the database to map to /app/database your sqlite database should be persistent

so, i did this and now there a files in my appdata. i there a way to find my old database? if i found my old database, is there a way to transfer it to mariaDB? At this moment there is only one user on ferdi. maybe the "export/import" for profiles will be a workaround?

8 hours ago, sonic6 said:

okay, a seperate database, but i can use the same mariaDB docker i used for nextcloud?

Yes, you can use the same MariaDB container you use for nextcloud, you'll just need to create a new database for ferdi-server (you can also create a user specific to ferdi-server if you wish). 

8 hours ago, sonic6 said:

so, i did this and now there a files in my appdata. i there a way to find my old database? if i found my old database, is there a way to transfer it to mariaDB? At this moment there is only one user on ferdi. maybe the "export/import" for profiles will be a workaround?

Your existing sqlite database should be in the /app/database folder, however I don't believe you can transfer an sqlite database to MySQL (e.g. MariaDB). Honestly, even if you could I think it would probably just be quicker to start a new database and add your services and login information again. 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

i cant get any connection to my database.

i run a mariadb on: 192.168.1.10 default port

ferdi-server runs on 192.168.23 (i br0 almost everything because of my network setup)

these are my setting

Variables set:
NODE_ENV=development
DB_CONNECTION=MariaDB
DB_HOST=192.168.1.10
DB_PORT=3306
DB_USER=ferdi
DB_PASSWORD=[mypassword]
DB_DATABASE=adonis
IS_CREATION_ENABLED=true
CONNECT_WITH_FRANZ=true

DB setting are:

Database: adonis

latin1_swedish_ci

en this is what the logs says about the DB

**** DB Helper loaded ****

**** Checking DB endpoint ****
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/50-config: line 106: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input
/var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/50-config: line 106: warning: command substitution: ignored null byte in input

**** Run DB migration ****
RuntimeException: E_MISSING_DB_CONNECTION: Missing database connection {MariaDB}. Make sure you define it inside config/database.js file
> More details: https://err.sh/adonisjs/errors/E_MISSING_DB_CONNECTION
at Function.missingDatabaseConnection (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Exceptions/index.js:36:12)
at DatabaseManager.connection (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Database/Manager.js:78:33)
at Object.get (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/lib/proxyGet.js:40:77)
at Migration._makeMigrationsTable (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Migration/index.js:47:36)
at Migration.up (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/src/Migration/index.js:336:16)
at MigrationRun.handle (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/lucid/commands/MigrationRun.js:72:66)
at Promise (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/ace/src/Command/index.js:565:48)
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at Function.exec (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/ace/src/Command/index.js:563:12)
at Function.commanderAction (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/ace/src/Command/index.js:540:8)
at Command.listener (/app/node_modules/commander/index.js:315:8)
at Command.emit (events.js:198:13)
at Command.parseArgs (/app/node_modules/commander/index.js:651:12)
at Command.parse (/app/node_modules/commander/index.js:474:21)
at Kernel.invoke (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/ace/src/Kernel/index.js:329:15)
at Ignitor._invokeAce (/app/node_modules/@adonisjs/ignitor/src/Ignitor/index.js:532:9)

can u help me understand the problem?

Edited by Joeri1594

So I've got my server up and operating, but I can't seem to create an account via the Ferdi Windows client, upon clicking the 'create account' button it just spins a little bit and then does nothing. Trying to access the account dashboard via the webui fails, citing no account existing. I also get a failure with trying to import Franz credentials. With that I just get a blank page that has "Could not log into Franz with your supplied credentials. Please check and try again" and I've verified the Franz credentials work. 

Also not getting any log output from the Docker tab in UNRAID, at an absolute loss as to what's going on with it. 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, Joeri1594 said:

Hello,

i cant get any connection to my database.

i run a mariadb on: 192.168.1.10 default port

ferdi-server runs on 192.168.23 (i br0 almost everything because of my network setup)

these are my settings

can u help me understand the problem?

Hmmm, that's strange. I wish I could help you understand what's going on, but I'm not really sure to be honest. If your network is set to allow traffic from 192.168.1.23 (I assume you meant that, not 192.168.23) to 192.168.1.10 and you set up your database correctly, I don't know any reason why it wouldn't be working and I don't think anyone else has run into this problem so it's hard for me to troubleshoot it...

Are you able to connect to your database directly via any other machine on your network?

Edited by xthursdayx
On 9/14/2020 at 2:53 PM, untraceablez said:

So I've got my server up and operating, but I can't seem to create an account via the Ferdi Windows client, upon clicking the 'create account' button it just spins a little bit and then does nothing. Trying to access the account dashboard via the webui fails, citing no account existing. I also get a failure with trying to import Franz credentials. With that I just get a blank page that has "Could not log into Franz with your supplied credentials. Please check and try again" and I've verified the Franz credentials work. 

Also not getting any log output from the Docker tab in UNRAID, at an absolute loss as to what's going on with it. 

That's odd, I just pulled a new container and tried to create an account via the Mac app without any trouble. I do know that there is an current issue with Ferdi and importing existing Franz credentials that came about due to changes in Franz's code base (see issue here). This seems like it might be an upstream issue, so would mind creating an issue here: https://github.com/getferdi/server/issues so that we can work on it at the ferdi-server level, rather than at the docker container level?

On 6/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, sonic6 said:

Finally got around to sorting this out. Password reset now works. Please pull the new version of the container and let me know if you run into any issues. Cheers.

50 minutes ago, xthursdayx said:

Finally got around to sorting this out. Password reset now works. Please pull the new version of the container and let me know if you run into any issues. Cheers.

i started with a new clear ferdi docker and a new database on my mariadb docker. so now ferdi runs good the last months, thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sonic6 said:

Hey, does Ferdi Server write a Log or log failed logins? I want to try adding Fail2Ban.

Good question! I'm not actually sure about that, since it would be the actual Ferdi Server that would produce this log rather than the docker image (which is what I primarily focus on). I suggest that you open an issue on the Ferdi Server github page to ask about this. Once we figure out if and how logging happens I can integrate it into the docker container. 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:25 AM, sonic6 said:

hm, i don't understand anything, but maybe this will help you?

https://github.com/getferdi/server/issues/40#issuecomment-719511938

Yeah, it looks like implementing logs would require changing the way the base server is implemented, which is beyond the scope of my involvement with the project. Sorry about that. I will raise the issue of logging with the rest of the dev team though. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 11:57 PM, xthursdayx said:

NGINX Config Block
To access Ferdi-server from outside of your home network on a subdomain use this server block:

# Ferdi-server
server {
        listen 443 ssl http2;
        server_name ferdi.my.website;

# all ssl related config moved to ssl.conf
        include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

location / {
             proxy_pass              http://<SERVERIP>:3333;
             proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP            $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For      $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
             proxy_set_header        Host                 $host;
             proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-Proto    $scheme;
        }
}

Can anybody modify this so it will work with swag? I can't (too stupid).

• 5 weeks later...

Something is very wrong (i think it is the docker)

Does not matter how much i edit the Database field, it completely ignores it and tries to use the built in mysql.

MariaDB cannot be used as an argument, and looking at the project page it looks like mysql should be used. I have tried what feels like 100 variations, it simply will not work.

image.thumb.png.746f764244c46b25fc426cd13ff089b0.png

Edited by nik82
  • xthursdayx changed the title to [Support] xthursdayx - Ferdi-server [archived]