Stuck on Array Staring - Mounting disks : After upgrade to 6.7.2

m-jeri

Hi All.

What the thread title states.

I upgraded to 6.7.2. Upgrade went fine, I think. However on Reboot, pretty sure the system shutdown-ed itself.

On turning the machine on, I am able to connect to the machine via webUI. Clicked on Start array, in logs I can see all the discs are populated but it stops after unassigned.devices. And it shows a "kernel reports TIME_ERROR: 0x41: Clock Unsynchronized" as well after that.

@unraid:~# ntpq -p
     remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
==============================================================================
 LOCAL(0)        .LOCL.          10 l  35m   64    0    0.000    0.000   0.000
+4.53.160.75     142.66.101.13    2 u   24   64  377   53.528   -7.657  11.851
+216.6.2.70 (up2 58.148.140.87    2 u   21   64  377   78.229   15.988   2.756
*ellone.fdisk.io 128.59.0.245     2 u   19   64  377   44.596   -3.314  12.983

I can see all the discs populated normally in Main tab. But still stuck at "Array Staring - Mounting disks". Cannot start containers or VMs.

EDIT: So I started in safe mode. Everything worked just fine. :S. how can I fix the normal mode?

Any advice?

Thanks!.

unraid-diagnostics-20190929-1527.zip

Edited by m-jeri
New Information
16 minutes ago, m-jeri said:

I have not tried that. Should I?

EDIT: So I started in safe mode. Everything worked just fine. :S. how can I fix the normal mode?

Safe mode means that no plugins are started so it indicates that one of the plugins you have running is causing the problem.    You need to go through a process of elimination by disabling them all and then enabling them one at a time until the culprit is found.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Safe mode means that no plugins are started so it indicates that one of the plugins you have running is causing the problem.    You need to go through a process of elimination by disabling them all and then enabling them one at a time until the culprit is found.

Thank you for responding. 

When you say plugin, are you talking about the containers or the items available under the plugins?

Edited by m-jeri
4 minutes ago, m-jeri said:

Thank you for responding. 

When you say plugin, are you talking about the containers or the items available under the system->plugins?

Not containers - the whole idea is that they are isolated from the host OS (which is why they are the preferred way of running applications).  

Plugins are those that are shown on the Plugins tab on the GUI.   Plugins run at the main OS level and can install or replace system components and thus interfere with normal Unraid operation.   There is therefore always a chance that a plugin can break normal Unraid OS, particularly if it has not been verified as being compatible with the version of Unraid that you are running.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Not containers - the whole idea is that they are isolated from the host OS (which is why they are the preferred way of running applications).  

Plugins are those that are shown on the Plugins tab on the GUI.   Plugins run at the main OS level and can install or replace system components and thus interfere with normal Unraid operation.   There is therefore always a chance that a plugin can break normal Unraid OS, particularly if it has not been verified as being compatible with the version of Unraid that you are running.

Ok. So, if i start the OS and remove them before starting the array and then running the array should give an indication. Correct?

Edit: That did it. I think it was the rclone and or User Scripts plugin. :(. Do you think I can install those plugins AFTER starting the array or it will happen again?

Edited by m-jeri
Ok. So, if i start the OS and remove them before starting the array and then running the array should give an indication. Correct?

Edit: That did it. I think it was the rclone and or User Scripts plugin. . Do you think I can install those plugins AFTER starting the array or it will happen again?

You should be able to do that and it will update to the latest version.

Sent from a small phone with phat phingers
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, m-jeri said:

Edit: That did it. I think it was the rclone and or User Scripts plugin. :(. Do you think I can install those plugins AFTER starting the array or it will happen again?

It is unlikely to be the User scripts plugin (although it could be a script you run via User Scripts).    With User Scripts plugin you can use its settings to control if/when any particular script is run.