Appdata gone (but there) ) - CAbackup?

Hi folks,

Very strange issue...I woke up this morning and Plex, Sonarr, Radarr - all my dockers we in a "as new" state. Overnight my CA backup had run (successfully) and a parity check had started. I have stopped the parity check, stopped the dockers and restarted but they dockers are not picking up the old appdata. Background:

• 2 weeks ago had to replace to failing disks but this was done successfully
  • During this, I noticed my CAbackup had not been running. I did a manual run (no issues)

I can see the appdata is there and looks good. I also have the backups I can restore. Just trying to figure out what the issue could be and how best to debug. Diagnostics attached. Thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20191002-0952.zip

@Squid Thanks. I do have some backups I can use but they are a few weeks old. So less than ideal....

I was hoping to understand why I lost things. I was running a CAbackup overnight and a parity check. Trying to understand what coud have caused my dockers and/or appdata to go into an "as new" state? Maybe it has nothing to do with CAbackup or the parity check?

Just seems strange that this situation occurred and I am hoping to understand what happened. I can see the appdata is there so not sure why the dockers are not picking it up? I went into edit mode on sonarr, made no chnages but forced a rebuild and it still is not getting back to its previous state....

Just confused how this could happen...Thanks!

To be clear, I was running a "backup", not a "restore" last night. So that is what is weird....

And not all my dockers were affected.

Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, OpebVPN, CrashPlan affected

Mylar, Hydra, NZBGet seem fine...

Really, really strange....

Edited by TexasDave

Making progress. I "pulled out" the Radarr backup from last night, restored it, and Radarr was back to normal.

I then did a full restore and it seems most things are back (Thanks CABackup Team 🙂 ).

Only issues are now Hydra and Mylar (both had been working) and Sonarr is still not working. Will pull an old backup to get those three items back (I hope).

Still would like to understand why or what caused this? Thanks!

So between my CA Backups, I am up and working. In fact, the one backup got Ubooquity working (again). I wonder if there is an issue in running CAbackups when Parity check is happening? No idea. But something weird happened. Not too bothered as I know how to deal with it now...

Another thing that came from this is I am now running CAbackups once a week as I make frequent changes to Sonarr and Radarr. This is instead of once a month...

While it was a (small) hassle - I now feel pretty good as I know CA Backup is there for me - super lucky to have been doing this.