Data-Rebuild in progress. @ 2.68 MB/sec

Hi All, I was upgrading my trusty old V5.05 Server to V6.7.2 but had some issues, I reverted back to V5.05 to fix some drive errors as recommended in an earlier post, I Fixed the main problem where a 4TB drive lost it's file system, however 2 disks were showing errors one was a 2TB Hitachi drive showing Pre-fail "relocated sector count", the other a 3TB WD Drive showing Old Age "Current Pending Sector".

I have Precleared a healthy Samsung 2TB drive that I had sitting in a cupboard and replaced the Pre-fail Hitachi 2TB Drive with it, started the Array in Maintenance mode and started the Data Re-build, It all seemed to start off ok, I been to work all day come home to find the rebuild has slowed to a slow 2.68 MB/sec and it says its going to take approx 8 days to complete. The array is over 40TB in size with a mixture of mainly 3 and 4 TB drives in 15 drive bays. 

Any advise as what to do, something must be wrong. I'm terrified I'm going to lose data.

Rebuiding:

Total size:2TB

Current position:  201.39GB (10%)

Estimated speed: 2.68MB/sec

Estimated finish: 11166minutes

Is there and Diagnostics I can retrieve whilst it is running or can anyone offer any advice please? 

I appreciate that I should have upgraded much sooner, I have no excuse other than I have been pre-occupied and it was working fine as it was for years!

I'm loving V6 and all it's benefits can't wait to get this system back to health so I can upgrade safely.

Any help much appreciated.

syslog-2019-10-02.txt