Transmission unMenu package

SO WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY

I have attached the first major overhall of the transmission package.  This is a significant update to the unMenu conf and the transmission version in itself.

NOTE: With so many changes all around I CAN NOT guarantee what will happen if you try to install this over the top of the old package.  Transmission itself changed quite a few of the settings.json stuff so some config values no longer exist to even use.

1. The whole package no longer uses bubbaQ's transmission package. 

2. I have borrowed the transctl script he was using and modified it for my use. (Thanks bubbaQ)

3. Nothing is installed to the flash drive any longer

4. The package will run as nobody if running 5.0bX and root if running 4.7

5. There are a couple of packages that have to be installed and those are attached to the first post.

If you have any question post them up here, I probably won't be able to answer any until later tonight... have other things that need to get done.

Thanks for being patient everyone, I know it took me longer than I said it would but I do this in my free time and finding that time can sometimes be difficult.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also getting:

libevent-2.0.11-i486-1sl.txz apparently did not install properly, usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5.1.0 does not exist.

and also curl will install but its complaining about version and I do not get the option to reinstall on restart.

What other packages do you have installed?

And I fixed the libevent one.  The other ones are working fine for me.  libidn is installed on unRAID already, but a newer version was needed, hence the little message when you first put the package into place.

Few problems on unRAID 4.7:

When I try to install transmission package I allways get this

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

In addition to that Transmisssion package has this status:

Installed, but version is different.

Current version='error' expected '2.33'

and I can't set the reinstall on reboot option.

Same thing with curl package:

Installed, but version is different. Current version='error' expected '7.21.4'

I don't see the transmission process in top and of course I can't connect to the Web UI :-(

Any ideas?

I have never installed transmission befor

Few problems on unRAID 4.7:

When I try to install transmission package I allways get this

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libldap-2.4.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Will get that fixed by tonight.  My 4.7 machine must have had some stuff installing along with transmission that I missed.

In addition to that Transmisssion package has this status:

Current version='error' expected '2.33'

and I can't set the reinstall on reboot option.

that is probably and most likely because of the above ldap or below listed curl error

Same thing with curl package:

Installed, but version is different. Current version='error' expected '7.21.4'

I don't see the transmission process in top and of course I can't connect to the Web UI :-(

Any ideas?

Let me look into it and get back to you.

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me the best way to remove my current unmenu install of Transmission before installing this one?

Many thanks, Thomas.

Disable the install on reboot, then reboot

1. delete the "transmission" folder in the "custom" folder on your flash drive

2. then wherever your install location was previously, delete that folder

3. You can probably leave the download/incomplete/watch folder alone, but feel free to delete if you like.

Just by way of feedback.  I installed the new package and the dependencies on a server that didn't have Transmission installed before.  All worked fine with no issues.

Now if only Transmission had the RSS download feature that uTorrent has, I could retire my remaining windows downloading box.

Just by way of feedback.  I installed the new package and the dependencies on a server that didn't have Transmission installed before.  All worked fine with no issues.

Now if only Transmission had the RSS download feature that uTorrent has, I could retire my remaining windows downloading box.

Will be working on flexget soon... hopefully, no promises on time line though.  I have another package in line before flexget.

Will be working on flexget soon... hopefully, no promises on time line though.  I have another package in line before flexget.

That'd be great.  No rushing from me, I need to read up and see how to automate all of it.  If only EventGhost had a linux build.  Odd that it doesn't seeing it's python based.

Same as ChronoStriker1, libevent is seen as a curl package (description needs to be modified) and the .so file can't be found :

usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5.1.0 does not exist.

But it does exist if I cd to /usr/lib.

Maybe the test should be :

/usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5.1.0 , missing slash ?

Anymay, thank you for your excellent work  :)

(v.4.7)

Same as ChronoStriker1, libevent is seen as a curl package (description needs to be modified) and the .so file can't be found :

usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5.1.0 does not exist.

But it does exist if I cd to /usr/lib.

Maybe the test should be :

/usr/lib/libevent-2.0.so.5.1.0 , missing slash ?

Anymay, thank you for your excellent work  :)

(v.4.7)

download the newest libevent package, I have already updated it

I will, as soon as I'm back home :)

(btw it seems to be the same with the pycurl package in the pyload topic... description says "Python is a blablablah...")

thanks for the heads up on those.  I have a template package obviously and every time I change it I forget to change everything. Those should be fixed now, check them out when you get a chance.

And for anyone on 4.7 please try downloading the openldap-unmenu-package from the pyLoad Thread.

And for anyone on 4.7 please try downloading the openldap-unmenu-package from the pyLoad Thread.

We're nearly there :-) After installing this package curl seems to be installed properly now, but I still have problem with transmission package, but a different one:

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/transmission-daemon)

and status:

Current version='/lib/libc.so.6:' expected '2.33'

And of course I'd like to thank you, prostuff1, because you're doing an amazing job!

We're nearly there :-) After installing this package curl seems to be installed properly now, but I still have problem with transmission package, but a different one:

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /usr/bin/transmission-daemon)

and status:

Current version='/lib/libc.so.6:' expected '2.33'

And of course I'd like to thank you, prostuff1, because you're doing an amazing job!

There is a glibc package in the pyLoad Thread I linked above.  Please download and install that then try the new transmission-unmenu-package.conf from the first post.

There is a glibc package in the pyLoad Thread I linked above.  Please download and install that then try the new transmission-unmenu-package.conf from the first post.

I've installed glibc before you edited your post and even with the old .conf file Transmission seems to work now :-) I'll try the new package in the morning because it's getting late in CEST time zone.

I've installed glibc before you edited your post and even with the old .conf file Transmission seems to work now :-) I'll try the new package in the morning because it's getting late in CEST time zone.

Yeah, the old .conf would work, but on a reboot the glibc will not reinstall on reboot.  The new .conf will check for the existence of the glibc package and install it if need be, without having to enable the reinstall on reboot of the glibc package.

For all these supplementary packages I do not bother enabling the reinstall on reboot as my packages take that into account.