Transmission unMenu package

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the heads up on those.  I have a template package obviously and every time I change it I forget to change everything. Those should be fixed now, check them out when you get a chance.

And for anyone on 4.7 please try downloading the openldap-unmenu-package from the pyLoad Thread.

Transmission is working fine, now  ;D

Thank you soooo much !

Today I was messing around with my torrents, some of them were already added to Transmission while I was copying the rest from my computer to the unRAID. The Transmission was configured to reside on the disk1 and the torrents on the /mnt/user/torrents share. After about an hour my network dropped (I was at work) When I got home I saw the server was frozen solid, screen is blank, NIC LED was blinking like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately no syslog as I had to do a hard reboot. unRAID 5b12a. My server was running fine without the Transmission package, and I had the same issue with the last version. Has anyone experienced similar?

Today I was messing around with my torrents, some of them were already added to Transmission while I was copying the rest from my computer to the unRAID. The Transmission was configured to reside on the disk1 and the torrents on the /mnt/user/torrents share. After about an hour my network dropped (I was at work) When I got home I saw the server was frozen solid, screen is blank, NIC LED was blinking like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately no syslog as I had to do a hard reboot. unRAID 5b12a. My server was running fine without the Transmission package, and I had the same issue with the last version. Has anyone experienced similar?

I have not run this version extensively.  I have tested downloading a couple of things under 5.0b12 but nothing heavy.

If you can get me more information that would be great.  With that said the one thing I would look at is the Log level for transmission you are using.  Transmission is very chatty even on the lowest level, so I suggest turning it off (a zero in the variable field if I remember correctly).

The log level was set to 0, the paths were modified, but everything else was left at default settings.

I encountered a similar situation couple days ago and it turned out its not Transmission but in fact the router. - worth a check.

True, some routers can't handle the connection level that something like transmission creates and the router will suicide itself.

I had a WRT54g that did that.  I fixed it by installing DDWRT.

I have a firmware called "tomato" on my WRT54GS for like 6-7 years or so, never had any issues. I got my server back after a reboot but other clients had no problem connecting to the network, unRAID never froze on me before Transmission. I believe we can exclude the router here :)

Run a

tail -f /var/log/syslog 

While the server is running and leave it up.  It will capture the last thing that goes across the screen if/when the server crashes next.

I have a firmware called "tomato" on my WRT54GS for like 6-7 years or so, never had any issues. I got my server back after a reboot but other clients had no problem connecting to the network, unRAID never froze on me before Transmission. I believe we can exclude the router here :)

Run a

tail -f /var/log/syslog 

While the server is running and leave it up.  It will capture the last thing that goes across the screen if/when the server crashes next.

is /var/log/syslog reboot-safe? I've just rebooted to add the plus license and my logs disappeared.. shouldn't I tail these to the cache drive?

Run a

tail -f /var/log/syslog 

is /var/log/syslog reboot-safe? I've just rebooted to add the plus license and my logs disappeared.. shouldn't I tail these to the cache drive?

/var/log is in RAM so it will dissapear every reboot.  Tailing them via a console window should be good enough

Just by way of feedback.  I installed the new package and the dependencies on a server that didn't have Transmission installed before.  All worked fine with no issues.

Now if only Transmission had the RSS download feature that uTorrent has, I could retire my remaining windows downloading box.

Exactly why I haven't dropped Utorrent as of yet. ;)

Heck I only need it to monitor one feed and download everything from that feed.

Just by way of feedback.  I installed the new package and the dependencies on a server that didn't have Transmission installed before.  All worked fine with no issues.

Now if only Transmission had the RSS download feature that uTorrent has, I could retire my remaining windows downloading box.

Exactly why I haven't dropped Utorrent as of yet. ;)

working on it ;)

Prostuff1, some of your packages are causing segfaults on my system at every :47 minutes, but I don't know which. I'm sure not curl, libidn or libevent. I had a break when I installed those and I didn't have the problem then.

I'm not sure how to check what, some help would be appreciated. What I have in the syslog:

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer crond[1108]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer kernel: crond[18783]: segfault at b78df51c ip b78df51c sp bfbb0854 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b78df000+1000] (Errors)

But manually running the /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null gives no error

Prostuff1, some of your packages are causing segfaults on my system at every :47 minutes, but I don't know which. I'm sure not curl, libidn or libevent. I had a break when I installed those and I didn't have the problem then.

I'm not sure how to check what, some help would be appreciated. What I have in the syslog:

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer crond[1108]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null

Sep 28 21:47:01 MicroServer kernel: crond[18783]: segfault at b78df51c ip b78df51c sp bfbb0854 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b78df000+1000] (Errors)

But manually running the /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null gives no error

This can happen for any number of reasons and depends on what all packages you are running.  Please download and install the newest versions of the unMenu packages you have running.

Post here with what packages you are running and I will try and tell you if a newer version then what is available via unMenu is available.

I had found this happening between shellinabox and pyLoad, but I have that issue sorted now also.  Be sure to grab the newest versions from the respective threads.

AND FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING:

This package is good to go on 4.7 now. I will not be supporting anything other than latest stable and current beta.