Transmission unMenu package

Downloaded the two new files and rebooted.  When I try to launch transmission I get curl not installed.  When I install it manually and the try to launch transmission i get

Starting Transmission deamon

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downloaded the two new files and rebooted.  When I try to launch transmission I get curl not installed.  When I install it manually and the try to launch transmission i get

/usr/bin/transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I will look into this when I get a chance later tonight.  I am not near my test machine right now.

What version of unRAID are you running?

I will look into this when I get a chance later tonight.  I am not near my test machine right now.

running  5,.12a

thanks for all your hard work!

running  5,.12a

thanks for all your hard work!

not sure what is going on with your install but I just tested on 5b12a and all looks good from my end

• 3 weeks later...

I have no want for transmission since I found sabnzbd which is working great with sickbeard on my unraid machine.

I do think it would be good for Unraids sake to get transmission working as alot of people who are looking for a media server want a torrent client with it. That is the reason I initially choose unraid and it would be a shame people to miss out on such a great operating system as it is temporarily without a torrent client.

I have no want for transmission since I found sabnzbd which is working great with sickbeard on my unraid machine.

I do think it would be good for Unraids sake to get transmission working as alot of people who are looking for a media server want a torrent client with it. That is the reason I initially choose unraid and it would be a shame people to miss out on such a great operating system as it is temporarily without a torrent client.

Transmission does work on unRAID... just that newer versions of Transmission, the ones that people want to run, can no longer be supported on unRAID 4.7 properly or easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, v.noob question,

Is this project still going and hosted?  All the download links I'm going too are dead or restricted despite being logged in  :-\

It is probably because of the forum move that was attempted and did not go quite so smoothly.

I will upload the files again, if need be, once the move it complete.

Sorry, v.noob question,

Is this project still going and hosted?  All the download links I'm going too are dead or restricted despite being logged in  :-\

It is probably because of the forum move that was attempted and did not go quite so smoothly.

I will upload the files again, if need be, once the move it complete.

Ahhh yes, true newbie, should've checked announcements for general issues.

Cool, thanks for the super quick response!  I'll put upgrades and installs on hold for a few days and check back when the smoke settles.

• 2 weeks later...

Complete n00b at UNRAID.

Instructions on the first post say that I simply copy the two attached files to the "packages" folder. After I do that, what should be done?

Install via unMenu and you will need a few more packages than the 2 in the first post.  Read the entire post to figure out which other .conf files you will need.

Thanks so much. Do all any/all of these packages need to have the "Enable Re-Install on Reboot" clicked after they have been installed?

No, just the extra three mentioned in this line

"You will need to download the transmission-unmenu-package.conf and the libevent package from this thread and then grab the curl, libidn, and openldap from the pyLoad thread here."

Thanks so much. Do all any/all of these packages need to have the "Enable Re-Install on Reboot" clicked after they have been installed?

You can, but only the main Transmission Package needs to have the "Enable Re-Install on Reboot" done.  The transmission Package will handle the install of the other packages if they are not installed already.

Thanks very much. It's up and running and picking up torrents from the watch directory just fine.

One more question- do you know of any way to automatically have files unrar'ed once they are completely downloaded?

Nope, but i do know there is a "run script after download" option.  Not sure of what the script would look like, you will have to research that on your own.

Transmission does work on unRAID... just that newer versions of Transmission, the ones that people want to run, can no longer be supported on unRAID 4.7 properly or easily.

Is this a kernel issue ?

I mean, if I update the kernel in unRAID 4.7, will this package works ? (if i'm correct, 5beta14 uses kernel 3.1.1).

Or is it more complex then that. Because I can update the kernel, this is not to complicated (even for a noob like me).

Is this a kernel issue ?

I mean, if I update the kernel in unRAID 4.7, will this package works ? (if i'm correct, 5beta14 uses kernel 3.1.1).

Or is it more complex then that. Because I can update the kernel, this is not to complicated (even for a noob like me).

It is a kernel and libraries thing, and more specifically with the version of glibc that is included with the version of unRAID that you are using.

Hey there, thanks for your informative posts! I've just installed transmission on my server and am getting an error when it attempts to start it.

Version: 5b12a

Error screenshot attached.

Any thoughts? I've been using unRAID for quite a while but still consider myself to be a noob with it. Would love to get my torrenting offloaded to the server so I can muck around on my main rig w/o worrying about downloads being interrupted/lost.

Transmission_Error.jpg.87af86837c0894d80baef95b714443ad.jpg

Here's the settings.json file:

{
"alt-speed-enabled": false,
"alt-speed-up": 50,
"alt-speed-down": 50,
"speed-limit-down": 100,
"speed-limit-down-enabled": false,
"speed-limit-up": 0,
"speed-limit-up-enabled": enable,
"alt-speed-time-begin": 540,
"upload-slots-per-torrent": 0,
"blocklist-url": "http://www.bluetack.co.uk/config/level1.gz",
"blocklist-enabled": false,
"download-dir": "/mnt/disk1/torrents/download",
"incomplete-dir": "/mnt/disk1/torrents/download",
"incomplete-dir-enabled": "false",
"preallocation": 1,
"rename-partial-files": true,
"start-added-torrents": true,
"trash-original-torrent-files": false,
"umask": "18",
"watch-dir": "/mnt/disk1/torrents/watch",
"watch-dir-enabled": enable,
"dht-enabled": true,
"encryption": 1,
"lazy-bitfield-enabled": true,
"lpd-enabled": true,
"message-level": 2,
"pex-enabled": true,
"script-torrent-done-enabled": false,
"script-torrent-done-filename": "",
"bind-address-ipv4": "0.0.0.0",
"bind-address-ipv6": "::",
"peer-congestion-algorithm": "",
"peer-limit-global": 240,
"peer-limit-per-torrent": 60,
"peer-socket-tos": "default",
"peer-port": 51413,
"peer-port-random-high": 65535,
"peer-port-random-low": 1024,
"peer-port-random-on-start": false,
"port-forwarding-enabled": true,
"rpc-authentication-required": false,
"rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",
"rpc-enabled": true,
"rpc-password": "",
"rpc-port": 9091,
"rpc-url": "/transmission/",
"rpc-username": "",
"rpc-whitelist": "192.168.0.*",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": "false",
"alt-speed-time-enabled": "false",
"alt-speed-time-begin": "540",
"alt-speed-time-end": "1020",
"alt-speed-time-day": "127",
"ratio-limit": "2.000",
"ratio-limit-enabled": "false"
}

Thanks for your help on this! It's greatly appreciated.