Transmission unMenu package

Looks like that may have done the trick for me as well! (json parser). There are two fields flagged as "enabled" instead of "true". Going to tinker with it a bit more to finish getting it setup.

Thank you so much for your help!  :)

edit: confirmed it's working! Thank you so much again.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...everything was working fine and then I stopped the array and shut down the server to add more drives. Did that, drives got recognized, formatted and added to share but transmission isn't working. Package Manager reports that

"Transmission BitTorrent Client Currently Installed. Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot."

but accessing port 9091 on the tower now does not bring up anything when it used to bring up Tranmission's WebUI.

Same thing has happened with Plex as well. Was working but after the boot, it doesn't come up. Do we have to manually start some services?

Hmm...everything was working fine and then I stopped the array and shut down the server to add more drives. Did that, drives got recognized, formatted and added to share but transmission isn't working. Package Manager reports that

"Transmission BitTorrent Client Currently Installed. Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot."

but accessing port 9091 on the tower now does not bring up anything when it used to bring up Tranmission's WebUI.

Same thing has happened with Plex as well. Was working but after the boot, it doesn't come up. Do we have to manually start some services?

Use the Start Transmission button on the User Scripts page and see what happens.

If you added drives the array likely had to be stopped.  If that is the case then Transmission may not have fully started, it may be installed as the install is in RAM, but starting it requires that the array be online as that is where the settings.json file resides.

Use the Start Transmission button on the User Scripts page and see what happens.

Sorry for being a n00b but where is the User Scripts Page? I am using 5.0b14.

Also, attached is a script I found for unrar'ing of finished Transmission downloads on Macs. Do you think this could be played with to do the same on UNRAID? What would be the best folder to copy this script to?

Thanks for all your help.

torrent_exp.zip

Also, attached is a script I found for unrar'ing of finished Transmission downloads on Macs. Do you think this could be played with to do the same on UNRAID? What would be the best folder to copy this script to?

Thanks for all your help.

I don't have the time currently to figure out the inrar stuff.  Your best bet is to do some google searching and reading up on the subject to see if you can figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, another complete noob to unraid here and I'm so confused.

I have read right through the first post but I don't think it gives the most clean instructions on how to install for someone who knows absolutely nothing about what they're doing.

I noticed that someone had similar problems on the last couple of pages, but how do I set something to "re-install on reboot", I'll continue to rumble around but I downloaded all of pyload and all of the .conf files that I needed but I just can't seem to figure out how to get the files to activate once theyre in the packages folder.

Do I have to actually go to my server and set any setting through the dos style interface there or can it all be done from unmenu?

I'm running simple features if that makes a difference?  I don't have a 'scripts' button on my unmenu screen anywhere... I don't think.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, everyone is usually always so helpful, sorry for being such a dumbarse.

Edit - I should mention I'm on unRAID 5beta14

Edit 2 - Okay, so it has something to do with the package manager, but I can't figure out how to access that again... stupid me.

Edit 3 - Okay, I've got it all installed and working - it's great! But I can't seem to give myself write permissions to the 'torrents' share through windows, even though it is set to 'public' I just can't seem to copy torrents to the 'watch' directory to get them picked up automatically... any clues?

• 3 weeks later...

ColonialRaptor or anyone would please explain more about the installation instructions. i'm also a noob to this thing.

Thanks in advance.

unraid 5.14 beta

unmenu installed

updated

i do not have a cache drive. should i have a cache drive to be able to install the transmission? it says i have to install the pyload. and the pyload should be installed if i have a cache drive ! someone corrects me please.

ColonialRaptor or anyone would please explain more about the installation instructions. i'm also a noob to this thing.

Thanks in advance.

unraid 5.14 beta

unmenu installed

updated

i do not have a cache drive. should i have a cache drive to be able to install the transmission? it says i have to install the pyload. and the pyload should be installed if i have a cache drive ! someone corrects me please.

1. you do not need a cache drive.  You can install to disk1 (/mnt/disk1) or any other physical disk.

2. You do not need pyLoad installed but there are some files in common between transmission and pyLoad.  You will need to download all the .conf files need (I list them in the first post) and put them in the packages folder on the flash drive.  Once that is done install the transmission .conf file and it will guide you through installing the rest.

Thank you Prostuff1

transmission is installed and working so far.

but i did not know how to change the install dir. in the ( Config View/Edit ) it is showing that the transmission is installed in

vINSTALL_DIR="/mnt/cache/.transmission"

should i edit it from  ( Config View/Edit ) to be

vINSTALL_DIR="/mnt/disk1"

Thank you.

updated: made the change in the Pkg Manager.

changed the installation location to /mnt/disk1

and Enabled the use of the watch-dir directory

now its all working fine

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting Transmission to restart with unRaid.  I tried searching to see if it was happening to anyone else and I couldn't find anything.

It works great when its installed but after each restart I need to go into the pkg manager and install it again by hand.  It fails to auto install after unraid is restarted even though transmission_unraid-2.42-i486-1kh.txz.auto_install is present.

All other auto installs work fine but with transmission it's like it's just skipping it.

I have "cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c"  in my go file and running the command "cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort" from a terminal will show the transmission auto_install file in the list so it should be seeing it.

Thanks for any help on this.

I am having trouble getting Transmission to restart with unRaid.  I tried searching to see if it was happening to anyone else and I couldn't find anything.

It works great when its installed but after each restart I need to go into the pkg manager and install it again by hand.  It fails to auto install after unraid is restarted even though transmission_unraid-2.42-i486-1kh.txz.auto_install is present.

All other auto installs work fine but with transmission it's like it's just skipping it.

I have "cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c"  in my go file and running the command "cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort" from a terminal will show the transmission auto_install file in the list so it should be seeing it.

Thanks for any help on this.

See the first post where it says "If you have problems...", well I need the output of those commands.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, installed unraid a few days ago. Got plex running easy, also got flexget working with transmission. I have some problems connecting to trackers though.

I checked my configuration and I am reachable (port is open). It seems to work if I use http trackers but not https.

Is https not supported? Or do I need to make some configuration change in order to communicate with a https tracker, like add/trust the certificate or something?

Thanks

Edit: Went back to HTTP trackers for now. Could be a tracker problem, not sure.

Really not sure about https trackers.

Never used one and I don't use torrents much anymore anyway.  If/when I get some time I might try to figure it out.

If you can do the leg work in searching google and coming up with some threads then it might get done quicker.

• 1 month later...

I did some digging and found it myself:

In the settings.json file there is an option called "message-level", it is set at '2' by default, following are the options (all logging still goes to syslog):

0 = no logging

1 = error messages only

2 = info & error messages

3 = debug i.e. all messages

Personally I have set it to 0, but possibly '1' would be the best default option.

• 4 weeks later...

I love your work and thank-you so much for your time and effort.

I am wondering if there is a way to easily add and change the proxy settings, and in a future release would you consider adding those options in the unmenu?

Quoted form transmission guide...

proxy-authentication: String

proxy-authentication-required: Boolean (default = 0)

proxy-port: Number (default = 80)

proxy-server: String

proxy-server-enabled: Boolean (default = 0)

proxy-type: Number (0 = HTTP, 1 = SOCKS4, 2 = SOCKS5, default = 0)

proxy-username: String

I love your work and thank-you so much for your time and effort.

I am wondering if there is a way to easily add and change the proxy settings, and in a future release would you consider adding those options in the unmenu?

Quoted form transmission guide...

proxy-authentication: String

proxy-authentication-required: Boolean (default = 0)

proxy-port: Number (default = 80)

proxy-server: String

proxy-server-enabled: Boolean (default = 0)

proxy-type: Number (0 = HTTP, 1 = SOCKS4, 2 = SOCKS5, default = 0)

proxy-username: String

If i get a chance I will look into it.  A little busy right now and probably won't have any time until the end of the month.

• 1 month later...

I have installed transmission. I have enabled reinstall on reboot. However whenever I reboot my unraid transmission fails to start.

I go to the user scripts and click start transmission. However I get this error "The rc.unraid_transmission script does not exist, please try reinstalling the application".

I tried "/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_transmission start" from the console. But I get the message "No such file or directory".

The only way I can solve the problem is to uninstall the transmission and reinstall it again. However it breaks again once I reboot unraid.

Any ideas.

Thanks.