Transmission unMenu package

Is there a step-by-step guide to installation for newbs?

I have copied the five files transmission-unmenu-package.conf, libevent-unmenu-package.conf from this thread, and curl, libidn, and openldap from the pyload thread) to smb://tower/flash/packages. But I assume I have to do something to the packages to install them, and to configure them somehow.

Do I also need unMenu for this to run? I understand that unMenu is unsupported now. If that's the case, what are the options to get torrents running? The threads on rtorrent and utorrent are years old, and doesn't look like they would work in unRAID 5.

There is a .plg plugin for version 5 which you can find in the subforum.

I tried installing via telnet and Control Panel, but both produce errors shown in this msg.

unMenu is still supported and works fine under unRAID 5.  The Transmission unMenu package does need to be modified as curl is now included in unRAID 5.0.4.  The unMenu package looks for a specific version to be installed (since curl never existed before) and because of that fails.

I think I understand what you mean. I haven't tried the unMenu package since I have Dynamix - not sure if they can run side-by-side. But if I can't get the above plg installation to work, I might consider trying unMenu, although I really like the UI and versatility of Dynamix.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest version of utserver (utorrent) "works". The only pain in the a$$ thing is that every time you reboot the server you have to stop the plugin, delete the settings.dat file and then redo all your settings. That sucks but if you don't turn off your server very often you can manage. I wish I new how to code plugins.

• 2 months later...

Maybe someone here knows but does anyone know of a script that you can have transmission run after a completed torrent that will autoextract the rar files from a torrent to a different folder? Using this unmenu transmission but can't get any script I've found to work.

Just want it to extract don't need logs or mail or anything.