[solved] Server name will not resolve and I can't identify the local address

MM23

I changed ISPs and installed a new router (Ubiquity Edgerouter X), and upon boot I found that //Tower no longer resolves to my 6.7.2 server. "ifconfig eth0" didn't give me an IPv4 address as per the configuration tutorial and I'm not sure where to go next. I attached the diagnostics log if that's needed.

Hardware:

Ryzen 3 2200G

ASRock A320 M-ITX

Thanks for any help.

tower-diagnostics-20191004-2341.zip

Edited by MM23

It looks like you have a networking problem. The is no evidence that you are connected to anything from the diagnostics.  Change Cat5 cable between server and router/switch.  Do the lights on the router/switch and the server indicate that you have a good connection?  Switch to a different port if connected directly to the router.  Did you setup your ER-X correctly?  (My ER-X was NOT a simple plug-and-play install!  If you need help in this area, I can point you to an excellent tutorial for the beginner.)  

Personally, I am a firm believer that you should always have only a switch plugged into a router.   Using inexpensive routers as a switch has two side issues.  First, it causes the router to run hot and, second, it will usually have performances issues especially if you have fast Internet service.  

Right now, I can't understand why port2 is 'not working' unless the router is bad or misconfigured.  (You do know that the ER-X is a prosumer router and is very powerful beast device but it has a bit of a learning curve.  You can get the tutorial I was referring to here:)

https://github.com/mjp66/Ubiquiti/blob/master/Ubiquiti Home Network.pdf