[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

So I got v2 setup and the node.  Added the nvidia parameters to my node docker(plex works with my p2000).  Selected the Winsome H265 NVENC plugin, turned on a gpu worker is its "working" but unraid isnt showing any processes on nvenc.  So i am not quite sure if its actually working on GPU.  I have a cpu worker disabled currently.

To add to it, if I increase GPU workers, it works and my cpu usage doesnt go up.

Edited by sittingmongoose
  • 2 weeks later...

So is this anything like the docker unmanic?  Where it will scan your libraries, and automatically convert any file that isn't a specific format?  Like make all my movies x265 .mkv files? 

If so, has anyone used both dockers?  Which one gives the best output in terms on video quality post transcoding?  How does it handle transcoding HDR content?

Tdarr has much more control over how the files are handled, but its more complex than unmanic. I would honestly just test yourself - use test files obviously and see which one you like best.

Generally, I had to stop using unmanic because I kept getting file sizes larger than the original file. Tdarr has worked well, its just a little more complex like I said.

Probably a long shot, but any way to control the % of overall cores/threads tdarr uses? Was hoping to have a situation where you can specify say 90% usage of all cores rather than pinning and locking out an entire core/thread. Been having solid success so far with tdarr, so thanks OP.

• 2 weeks later...

using V1 tdarr_aio

I was looking at my plugins via the library under Transcode Options and some of them say "Read error". They are all still in the Local Folder. Should I be worried?

So I if I check the Community button vs the Local the error goes away until I return then it says Invalid Plugin in purple under the search field.  All my Plugins ID's where copied from the local folder and I made sure the Local folder was selected when I added them the first time. I just don't know what is going on now thou. 

Everything seemed to be just fine until I clicked the update community Plugins. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-13 at 9.05.16 PM.png

Hello,

I am running into Transcoding loop using ffmpeg CLI option.

I have created a library under tdarr_aio version Beta 1.3003 and set the following under transcode options - Video - FFmpeg CLI arguments:

"-y -hwaccel cuda -hwaccel_output_format cuda,-map 0:m:language:ger -map -v -map V -max_muxing_queue_size 8192 -c copy -c:v hevc_nvenc -preset fast -err_detect ignore_err"

This CLI arguments work also very well, but after transcoding is done, transcoding starts again from the beginning and so on.

Any way to stop this behavior?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks.....coming over from Unmanic. Got it up and running on 2 libraries. I'm still al little fuzzy on the node container being required but it works :) I would like it to scan the 2 libraries at 2AM M-F. Looking for suggestions on the switches and how I should set them. I have the schedule tab set for 2AM M-F for each library. Wasn't sure about the watch folder option and the ignore schedules option on the main page. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting started with tdarr, I have a question about hdr metadata.

Can tdarr encode a 4k remux with hdr to save space?

Is there a plug in for this?

With the amount of time it takes to encode a 4k remux I thought I would ask here for assistance before waiting a day or two to find out it does not pass the metadata.

Thank you for any assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Running TDARR, it looks like it's using the GPU, however, it's not showing as an 'active app.'

It would be nice to see it as an 'active app' so I know what is beating up my GPU and how many streams are in use at a given time.

Please see screen shots for reference.1773681693_2021-06-0213_15_42-Tdarr-Brave.thumb.png.c28cb119ed5a9f51f0ab86c8e6cbed3b.png1351258627_2021-06-0213_15_03-Unraid1_Dashboard-Brave.thumb.png.9a432291c039a54fc2905d36e894f3af.png1691282643_2021-06-0213_16_25-Unraid1_UpdateContainer-Brave.thumb.png.b5ef7e317f28833fcf1040b8d9636c0e.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to convert .ts files into .mp3 files, it's from radio recorded via DVR. How would I go about doing this? I already use tdarr for a few things so I don't really want to set up handbrake or something else. I just want to drop the video component (because it's blank anyway) and convert to .mp3, or any other common sound file format I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have v2 setup and the node.  Added the nvidia parameters to my node docker(plex works with my 1060Super).  Selected the Winsome H265 NVENC plugin, turned on a gpu worker is its "working" but unraid netdata isnt showing any processes on nvenc.  So I am not quite sure if its actually working on GPU.  I have a cpu worker disabled currently.

Edited by DuzAwe
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 1:26 AM, DuzAwe said:

I have v2 setup and the node.  Added the nvidia parameters to my node docker(plex works with my 1060Super).  Selected the Winsome H265 NVENC plugin, turned on a gpu worker is its "working" but unraid netdata isnt showing any processes on nvenc.  So I am not quite sure if its actually working on GPU.  I have a cpu worker disabled currently.

check out this YT Video, its show what you maybe missing. 

I have lots of foreign movies (old dvd converts etc) spread all over my library with vobsubs that do not have any online available srt's etc, so i have to keep the vobsub track.

Is there a way to tell tdarr to skip converting the file if it detects a vobsub track ?

I can not risk loosing any of these while converting my entire library using tdarr, and manually checking thousands of videos which would be affected is a nogo.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by glennv

Hi ppl!

I've followed spaceinvader one's guide to set up Tdarr using my Nvidia gtx 970 in the server, everything looks correct but i can't set anything on the node part at the main page, it keeps blinking in a loop showing the gpu node for about 2 seconds and change again to no tdarr nodes detected.

Nvidia driver installed  is the lasted one v470.74.

Anyone having this issue ?

14 hours ago, surferjsmc said:

Hi ppl!

I've followed spaceinvader one's guide to set up Tdarr using my Nvidia gtx 970 in the server, everything looks correct but i can't set anything on the node part at the main page, it keeps blinking in a loop showing the gpu node for about 2 seconds and change again to no tdarr nodes detected.

Nvidia driver installed  is the lasted one v470.74.

Anyone having this issue ?

double check you have --runtime=nvidia in advanced extra param on the node.

Now the issue I have, I have 2x GPU's how the F do I get this working? Will takes months to get through my database at the rate its working at with just 1

Hi,

I followed the guide from spaceinvader one.

After changing my directories I get an error while transcoding with the GPU. Before it worked for 6 files fine.

I than recreated the tdarr and tdarr node dockers but the problem persists. With the CPU it would just work but thats teribble slow.

The GPU Plugin is for sure active.

My GPU is a GTX 1080 with the nvidia driver installed in the newest version. GPU stats is also installed and detects the GPU right.

The error I see is:

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (h264_cuvid) -> hevc (hevc_nvenc))

Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)

Stream #0:2 -> #0:2 (copy)

Stream #0:3 -> #0:3 (copy)

Stream #0:4 -> #0:4 (copy)

Stream #0:5 -> #0:5 (copy)

Stream #0:6 -> #0:6 (copy)

Press [q] to stop, [?] for help

[hevc_nvenc @ 0x55c7c28b0340] No NVENC capable devices found

Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Conversion failed!

I get this for every single file. Even files I could transcode before would fail (had a copy in h264).

edit:

The problem seems to be the Plugin: Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_Migz1FFMPEG
Migz-Transcode Using Nvidia GPU & FFMPEG

With other it works but which one would you use instead? I have 720p-> UHD

Edited by Pascal51882
On 9/26/2021 at 7:08 PM, casperse said:

So I found a Unraid plugin in the stack for permissions

But when I add it I get error:

Pre-processing - Set file permissions for UnRaid Plugin error! Error: Command failed: chown nobody:users

image.png.8197c8326112c4a3c51c6c5aac441a40.png

I remember in the docker resilio-sync you could do a:

image.png.42df65add3dc6ec945b1138fedf56926.png

Any input on how to get this working?

Thanks!

Have enyone got this Unraid plugin working? - I seem to have permissions problems after a encode

I ran through the spaceinvader one tutorial and am running into a file path issue (at least i think it is)

My docker image is filling up.  I'm getting critical errors:

image.png.bb58423f8277c838246994b615d10572.png

I'm guessing that its re-encoding to somewhere where it shouldn't, but i cant figure out why.  I did make a new share called "temp" and set it to Prefer for the cache settings.  

here's the tdarr template:

image.thumb.png.65b3953476f43fd42add0483a12f9f3b.png

tdarr node:

image.thumb.png.cf68306e462c98cc373fa5816683f553.png

in tdarr under libraries (for my movies library)

image.thumb.png.b9eb36a616232ccafd02c3a9adbeca65.png

image.png.2c0e46f3be7b74c69e7c565b009a6b15.png

Edit:

So i've got the dockers running right now, and not getting any big errors, but docker memory is still high:

image.png.dd4d66113f8fada7086e6486d3d81d7b.png

Edited by danimal86