[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask this! I started using Tdarr yesterday. The Idea is realy cool. Now I have setup a default transpiler that converts my vid's to x265, this runs on all GPU. That all works great! Now the next step I want to add is making a library with video's that I want to downscale to 720p. I got this working, but I cannot find a way to do this on GPU as well. What I found out so far are only ways doing this with handbrake and handbrake seems to only use CPU. Any one knows if this is possible on GPU as well? 

4 minutes ago, gowthamn said:

Can this tool be used to change existing movie files to H265 or does it work only for currently downloaded files in Sonarr and Radarr?

Hi Gowthamn, the tool can be configured to change al non x265 videos to x265 videos. This will safe a lot of space. Only know that clients have a bit more work playing x265 video's so they need to be able to handle that, or you will have to use hardware transcode in software like plex

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, WiZu said:

Hi Gowthamn, the tool can be configured to change al non x265 videos to x265 videos. This will safe a lot of space. Only know that clients have a bit more work playing x265 video's so they need to be able to handle that, or you will have to use hardware transcode in software like plex

My clients will be Ipad, Nvidia Shield and high end Samsung smart TVs. If they can't handle it I have 1080ti for transcoding purposes in the plex server.

How long will TDARR take for conversion per TB of video? Is it CPU only (5950x) or can it use GPU too?

7 minutes ago, gowthamn said:

My clients will be Ipad, Nvidia Shield and high end Samsung smart TVs. If they can't handle it I have 1080ti for transcoding purposes in the plex server.

How long will TDARR take for conversion per TB of video? Is it CPU only (5950x) or can it use GPU too?

Sounds good, I use my old 970GTX for the transcoding also works like a charm 😄

As for how long that would take, I really can't tell you! Just stated using TDarr yesterday myself. But I do know if you only convert to x265 without scaling you can use the GPU, and that will go a lot quicker than CPU ofcourse! I myself am looking for a way to Scale back to 720p (for some shows) with tdarr on the GPU, havent found that one.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, damnshaneisthatu said:

Anyone else's machine repeatedly restarting after doing Spaceinvader One's Tdarr tutorial and transcoding their media library?

I'm getting 3-5x restarts a day at least.

No problems here, I just started 2 days ago using this plugin. Also watched spaceinvaders tutorial, no reboot issues over here. Maybe you are using to mutch CPU? Or flooding ram (if you save cache to memory)?

On 11/5/2021 at 11:20 PM, damnshaneisthatu said:

Anyone else's machine repeatedly restarting after doing Spaceinvader One's Tdarr tutorial and transcoding their media library?

I'm getting 3-5x restarts a day at least.

I had this and think it could do with my media share set to cache=yes. I have set cache=no, run mover and use /mnt/user0/xxxx instead of mnt/user/xxxx in tdarr docker to bypass the cache. Seems to be rock solid now but lots of apps like plex etc. are still writing to cache.

I think I should be able to set my media share back to cache=yes then tdarr should only see the files on the array and pick them up when mover runs... but I've not managed to try it yet

I love this app/docker.   I've been so fustrated with Handbrake and how it doesn't pass through all the subtitles in the file so I tried this.    I've tried 2 plugins (FFMPEG H265) but both are not passing through the CC subtitles as I thought they would.   According to MediaInfo, the files has 1 Text Stream of UTF-8 which I think is the Closed Captioning which I want.

Is there something I'm missing?

image.png.3603b534965b6e1f431d69811adfc38c.png

Thanks,

ce

Edited by [email protected]

I am currently having issues transcoding into H265 using Intel QSV. I am using the two-part plugin (Tdarr_Plugin_JB69_JBHEVCQSV_MinimalFile and Tdarr_Plugin_JB69_JBHEVCQSZ_PostFix). I have looked at the scripts and didn't see anything needing modification.

After the video is done transcoding, I am unable to play the file using Plex web (shows errors "Error code: s3014 (Media)" "Error code: s3015 (Media)" and "Error code: s3016 (Media)" in quick succession). I am however able to play the videos on the Plex mobile client.

I am not sure if this has something to do with Tdarr or Plex, but I haven't been able to find anything useful in either domain. I was hoping that someone else may have had the same issue and would share their experience.

If not, maybe someone can suggest a better QSV H265 plugin.

image.thumb.png.fac12b914592542fee79a477e92b63cb.png

I've just installed an ASUS GTX-1660 Super, following @SpaceInvaderOne's video, to use with TDARR. Right now I'm transcoding a test library. I have 3 files transcoding but the GPU Statistics plugin shows zero active processes and no GPU load. I know these transcodes must be running on the GPU. My CPU would be completely maxed with half this number of transcodes. Did I configure something wrong?

604191896_ScreenShot2021-11-15at10_05_47PM.png.b00ddaaf15164e55a18bee71491ad917.png

Edit: I am seeing a high level of cpu usage though. ~80%.

Edited by wgstarks
more info

I'm currently in the process of converting my video files (2400+) to h.265. Since this will probably take about 3 or 4 weeks I'm wondering what happens if I have to shutdown the TDARR docker for some reason? Will the queue just resume where it left off when I start the docker back up? Is there a "best practice" for shutting down the docker?

I installed a node on an older MacPro running High Sierra to help with transcoding but every file seems to fail with an error-

NodeID: maggie 
Command: 
/Applications/TDARR/Tdarr_Node/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/darwin-x64/ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -i /Volumes/Media/XBMC/Torrents/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE.mkv -map 0 -c:v hevc_nvenc -rc:v vbr_hq -cq:v 19 -b:v 7216k -minrate 5051k -maxrate 9380k -bufsize 14432k -spatial_aq:v 1 -rc-lookahead:v 32 -c:a copy -c:s copy -max_muxing_queue_size 9999 -pix_fmt p010le -bf 5 /Volumes/Media/tdarr_transcode/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE-TdarrCacheFile-QfCBKdKu2.mkv
Last 200 lines of CLI log:
ffmpeg version N-92718-g092cb17983-tessus https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/ Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.5)
configuration: --cc=/usr/bin/clang --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg --extra-version=tessus --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig --enable-gpl --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdav1d --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenh264 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-version3 --pkg-config-flags=--static --disable-ffplay
libavutil 56. 24.101 / 56. 24.101
libavcodec 58. 42.102 / 58. 42.102
libavformat 58. 24.101 / 58. 24.101
libavdevice 58. 6.101 / 58. 6.101
libavfilter 7. 46.101 / 7. 46.101
libswscale 5. 4.100 / 5. 4.100
libswresample 3. 4.100 / 3. 4.100
libpostproc 55. 4.100 / 55. 4.100
Unrecognized option 'rc:v'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found
Tdarr ALERT: NO OUTPUT FILE PRODUCED: 
/Volumes/Media/tdarr_transcode/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE-TdarrCacheFile-QfCBKdKu2.mkv

I'm guessing there is some package missing or out of date maybe???

Hi guys I'm fairly new to tdarr and plan to rip my blu ray remux rips to h.265 with good quality, so I've done a bit of testing the other day and put through a 28gb film through tdarr on unraid and it came out at 4.9gb..... I thought the rip would be off a far less quality but to my surprise the bitrate in sound and video were exactly the same as the original.... and the same resolution.! 

I used the Tdarr_Plugin_075b_FFMPEG_HEVC_Generic_Video_Audio_Only
FFMPEG H265 Video + Audio Kept Only

Plugin...... I used media info and both files are reading the same bitrate, how can that be.? Can tdarr really do that or am i missing something i did use the cpu? 

Edited by Knh68

Just replaced my GPU and am getting 1/3 or so of the performance I had before.

Tried removing the TDARR node setup and reinstalling. But sitting at 30 FPS on processing. Used to get 100+ or more with my older gpu. 

Old GPU: TitanXp
New GPU: 3080 FE

I checked the logs and am seeing the following error:

[HPM] Error occurred while trying to proxy request /socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=polling&t=Nq_Iyn7&sid=hebFTjgL85ANwTZjAAAC from 192.168.1.35:8265 to http://192.168.1.35:8266 (ECONNRESET) (https://nodejs.org/api/errors.html#errors_common_system_errors)

[HPM] Error occurred while trying to proxy request /socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=polling&t=Nq_IzGR&sid=9nczrJjdDz0tA5VBAAAA from 192.168.1.35:8265 to http://192.168.1.35:8266 (ECONNRESET) (https://nodejs.org/api/errors.html#errors_common_system_errors)

Edited by DayspringGaming
On 11/20/2021 at 12:55 PM, wgstarks said:

I installed a node on an older MacPro running High Sierra to help with transcoding but every file seems to fail with an error-

NodeID: maggie 
Command: 
/Applications/TDARR/Tdarr_Node/node_modules/@ffmpeg-installer/darwin-x64/ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -i /Volumes/Media/XBMC/Torrents/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE.mkv -map 0 -c:v hevc_nvenc -rc:v vbr_hq -cq:v 19 -b:v 7216k -minrate 5051k -maxrate 9380k -bufsize 14432k -spatial_aq:v 1 -rc-lookahead:v 32 -c:a copy -c:s copy -max_muxing_queue_size 9999 -pix_fmt p010le -bf 5 /Volumes/Media/tdarr_transcode/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE-TdarrCacheFile-QfCBKdKu2.mkv
Last 200 lines of CLI log:
ffmpeg version N-92718-g092cb17983-tessus https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/ Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with Apple LLVM version 10.0.0 (clang-1000.11.45.5)
configuration: --cc=/usr/bin/clang --prefix=/opt/ffmpeg --extra-version=tessus --enable-avisynth --enable-fontconfig --enable-gpl --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libdav1d --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenh264 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-libzimg --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-version3 --pkg-config-flags=--static --disable-ffplay
libavutil 56. 24.101 / 56. 24.101
libavcodec 58. 42.102 / 58. 42.102
libavformat 58. 24.101 / 58. 24.101
libavdevice 58. 6.101 / 58. 6.101
libavfilter 7. 46.101 / 7. 46.101
libswscale 5. 4.100 / 5. 4.100
libswresample 3. 4.100 / 3. 4.100
libpostproc 55. 4.100 / 55. 4.100
Unrecognized option 'rc:v'.
Error splitting the argument list: Option not found
Tdarr ALERT: NO OUTPUT FILE PRODUCED: 
/Volumes/Media/tdarr_transcode/The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976).Bluray-1080p.x264 DTS-AMIABLE-TdarrCacheFile-QfCBKdKu2.mkv

I'm guessing there is some package missing or out of date maybe???

What video card is in the Mac Pro? Your ffmpeg command is calling "hevc_nvenc" encoder and the parameter right after that "rc:v" is the one that says "Unrecognized option" in the error.

The Mac Pro has to have an h265/HEVC capable Nvidia card in it with the full nvidia/cuda driver set for this to work. And the older the card, the less HEVC options it can support.

I have both a GTX1080 and a GTX970 in two different nodes/machines. The 970 was failing some files that the 1080 was able to process fine. Turns out the 1080 could handle the 4:2:2 chroma files but the 970 could only handle 4:2:0 files. I had to customize the encoder plugin to force all files to 4:2:0 chroma for them both to be able to process the queue.

If the Mac Pro does not have a capable Nvidia card, then it's gonna fail any jobs sent to it asking for NVENC encoding.

I saw where the docker containers were updated, so I told Unraid to update them.

Since then, I have serious instability where the server will hang up and the webUI dies, the nodes start throwing errors about the server not responding, etc.

Literally will not work properly again until both the server and the two nodes (server and GTX1080 node on main Unraid box, gtx970 node on a smaller Unraid box) have been restarted.

Did not have this issues before the update. Ideas?

Thanks

Ross

Hello i have a problem with mp4 and Apple. If i convert the files to mp4 with h265 the mp4 file can't preview and don't work with Quicktime. From what I understand transcode-video marks the video stream has hev1, but it actually needs to be marked as hvc1 in order to be recognized by Quick Time.

Everything was working perfectly with Tdarr until I updated the Server & Node yesterday to 2.00.12.  The videos (all .webm) are no longer transcoded but are moved in Tdarr to Transcode: Success/Not required with the error "☒File is not video undefined".

My setup for .webm videos:

Tdarr Server on Unraid

Tdarr Node on Win 10

Library Transcode options:

Plugin Stack: Off

Video: On - Handrake (-Z "Fast 1080p30")

Note:  I have another library using the same as above with Handrake (-Z "Fast 1080p30") which is still working fine.  The only difference is the video files are .mkv.

image.thumb.png.44379acee68931ee60b14b6574c9f115.png

FYI - Downgraded the Server & Node to 2.00.11 and it works fine

Edited by XtyX
Added more info
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, C_James said:

Has anyone else came across tdarr node really filling up docker image? ever since i started using tdar my docker image has doubled in size twice. like according to containor size on the docker menu tdarr is using over 30gb and over 30gb Writable.

Have you set a limit on the container logs? And have you mapped your transcode cache? This normally happens if you don't map the transcode cache as all the new files stay stuck in the container.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:50 AM, XtyX said:

Everything was working perfectly with Tdarr until I updated the Server & Node yesterday to 2.00.12.  The videos (all .webm) are no longer transcoded but are moved in Tdarr to Transcode: Success/Not required with the error "☒File is not video undefined".

My setup for .webm videos:

Tdarr Server on Unraid

Tdarr Node on Win 10

Library Transcode options:

Plugin Stack: Off

Video: On - Handrake (-Z "Fast 1080p30")

Note:  I have another library using the same as above with Handrake (-Z "Fast 1080p30") which is still working fine.  The only difference is the video files are .mkv.

image.thumb.png.44379acee68931ee60b14b6574c9f115.png

FYI - Downgraded the Server & Node to 2.00.11 and it works fine

The file has 0/0 video framerate so Tdarr has detected it as an audio file with picture cover art.