[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

On 5/7/2022 at 12:43 AM, skaterpunk0187 said:

First off I'd like to say tdarr is awesome and saved me just under 10tb, before I had an issue and my drives decided to loose their partition table and lost everything (not tdarr related). Now I'm using it to transcode as I add media back. I don't have any issues, I have a questions and a scenario. I'm wondering how the output folder option works. Will it follow the directory structure? Like if enabled will it keep the same structure like original file is in /media/tv/show/season/show-S01E01.mkv and using the output folder option will it move it to /new-media/tv/show/season01/show-S01E01.mkv. To be automated to move files to the show name and season same with movies. What I want to do is use the cache drive to move ripped disks to the media shares and have tdarr pick them up from cache (before mover) transcode it then move it to the array. Have tdarr watch /mnt/user/media/tv then move the completed file to /mnt/user0/media/tv. I would like to have plex auto watch the /user0/ to auto add media and not have it watch the /user/. That way Plex doesn't pick up the newly added files before tdarr can work its magic and get metadata and scan for intros for the old files. Most of the time plex doesnt see the file type and size change and I get a playback error and so it doesnt redownload the art and posters and scan all over again to detect intros.  <--- or maybe a future feature.

for moving to another folder its eaiser to setup a new library since your rip folder is not the same as your other media folder even though the output folder is the same. its also a way to segment your data so see how your rip transcodes are doing.

I am new to Tdarr and just set it up as a docker in UnRaid, but keep getting an error when it attempts to transcode a file

2022-05-10T13:29:04.150Z Rn_pYtCKu:Node[MyInternalNode]:Worker[le3-Fni9L]:[4/5] Running plugin
2022-05-10T13:29:04.151Z Rn_pYtCKu:Node[MyInternalNode]:Worker[le3-Fni9L]:Error Error: Cannot find module '../methods/lib'
2022-05-10T13:29:04.151Z Require stack:
2022-05-10T13:29:04.151Z - /app/Tdarr_Node/assets/app/plugins/Community/Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_MigzImageRemoval_cOnQ4C8ERO.js

As far as I know everything is setup correctly regarding the server and node.  I added 1 Library (as a test) with 1 file in it.  But when it runs, I get the above error.   I also believe it is not related to any specify plugin as I first have the same above error on the reorder streams plugin as well. Then removed that plugin and still get the error.

Has anyone seen this before or any ideas on where to troubleshoot?

Edited by ptmuldoon
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I have a problem with Tdarr..

Suddenly it's only transcoding using the CPU.

I'm using a GTX 1660 Super

In the docker template i have:

Extra Parameters: --runtime=nvidia

NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES: correct ID

NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES: all

I am using the docker with node included.

In Tdarr -> Plugin Stack: I have enabled

1. Migz-Remove image formats from file 

2. Migz-Transcode Using Nvidia GPU & FFMPEG

container: mkv

bitrate_cutoff: empty

enable_10bit: false

enable_bframes: false

force_conform: false

3. Tdarr_Plugin_Img1_Reorider_Streams

4. New file size check

Updating the graphic drivers seems to fix it for me..

Edited by gevsan

New question..

After a movie or tv-show is done transcoding with Tdarr. Radarr is downloading the same movie/tv-show again, making this a endless loop?

How do I prevent this?

Im transcoding to h.265

Edited by gevsan
6 hours ago, gevsan said:

How do I prevent this?

This doesn’t appear to happen with every video but with the ones that it does I’ve only been able to stop it by disabling monitoring on the effected video. I wish that TDARR had the ability to properly update Radarr and Sonarr when transcoding is completed.

18 hours ago, wgstarks said:

This doesn’t appear to happen with every video but with the ones that it does I’ve only been able to stop it by disabling monitoring on the effected video. I wish that TDARR had the ability to properly update Radarr and Sonarr when transcoding is completed.

After doing some research, I don't think Radarr and Sonarr is redownloading anything tbh...

I think that after the transcoding is done the movie is put back into the cache for the array. My setup is like this,

Radarr/Sonarr -> cache_array ->(mover)-> /data/media -> Tdarr -> cache_array ->(mover)-> /data/media

The reason I thought it was being re-downloaded is because i found the movie/tvshow files on the cache_array drive once they were finished in Tdarr. Which is strange for me because the only files that are put there is from QBtorrent.

I hope that any of this makes sense...

On 6/1/2022 at 4:14 AM, gevsan said:

Hello.

I have a problem with Tdarr..

Suddenly it's only transcoding using the CPU.

..:Snip:..

Updating the graphic drivers seems to fix it for me..

I am having a similar issue. my nvidia driver is at latest: v515.48.07 What version are you running that got you working again? 

Edited by chuque
On 4/19/2022 at 4:25 PM, purplechris said:

Similar for me, just updated node stuck at Bad parameter when trying to start.

I had to remove --runtime=nvidia from my docker config for the node to start, but then it will not transcode.

Error shows as 

docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:495: container init caused: Running hook #1:: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: open failed: /proc/sys/kernel/overflowuid: permission denied: unknown.

Resolved by going back to nvidia 510.54 driver, seems to like my p2000's

I also have this issue with tdarr_node and plex; or any container with a GPU passed through. I have no idea of the cause other than OS and driver update. I have rolled back both to no avail.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 8:47 AM, kri kri said:

I am running unRaid  6.10.3, I would like to use my RAM to transcode. What do I need to set the dir to? 

map /temp to /dev/shm

/dev/shm is a temp file system that by default uses half your ram. I have 128G and it uses 64G but eats away from total ram as you use it. So if there is nothing in the temp folder I have 128G free but one I start to use it my systems total ram decreases. If the /dev/shm is full i only have 64G remaining for the rest of my system. Also if something goes wrong with tdarr it might leave files in there so you'll have to delete them yourself or reboot your system.

Please note if this burns down your house I'm not responsible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I'm looking for some explanations on why my 1050Ti Node is always faster at transcoding than my 1660Ti node, which is running on the same host as the server. Has anyone experienced this before? The 1050Ti is on a windows node and the 1660Ti is on Unraid, with Tdarr server running on Unraid docker. If there are some optimal configs someone can share, I'd love that. I went through several guides on setting everything up. I have read that maybe enabling Bframes can be faster on the 1660Ti but that is not supported on the 1050Ti I hear so I can't check that box as the 1050Ti tasks will fail. Thanks in advance!

Tdarr1.png

Tdarr2.png

Tdarr3.png

Tdarr4.png

Tdarr5.png

I had my setup working great for a while using a GTX 1060 and just recently updated my Unradid to 6.10.3. After doing so, my Nvidia Driver seemed to bugout a bit, so I had to reinstall the plugin in order for it to work correctly and detect my GPU.

So I got that working again and now when trying to start the tdarr node I get an error about the runtime.

docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.

However, I have the runtime input correctly as --runtime=nvidia and have made no changes to my tdarr node, so not sure what is going on here.

5 hours ago, semicole said:

I had my setup working great for a while using a GTX 1060 and just recently updated my Unradid to 6.10.3. After doing so, my Nvidia Driver seemed to bugout a bit, so I had to reinstall the plugin in order for it to work correctly and detect my GPU.

So I got that working again and now when trying to start the tdarr node I get an error about the runtime.

docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.

However, I have the runtime input correctly as --runtime=nvidia and have made no changes to my tdarr node, so not sure what is going on here.

check NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES the gpu-xxxxxxxxxxxxx number is still there and it matches

I am trying to run tdarr in RAM (I have 192Gb) and I have set the /temp transcode cache to /dev/shm/ in both tdarr and tdarr node but when it is transcoding Unraid is only showing that 13.5Gb of my ram is being used and I am transcoding three files that are 43Gb in total size.

With tdarr won't the entire 43Gb be loaded into ram if I set to /dev/shm/ or have I missed something?

Any idea why my Node keeps deregistering after not being able to connect to the server, even though the server and node are running on the same machine?

I have attached the node log, it looks like the node loses connection to the server (192.168.1.32 is the ip of the server and node) and then if it cannot reconnect drops and then reconnects. 

Seems odd when both Server and Node are on the same machine. 

1080p Node-log.txt

On 3/18/2022 at 11:42 AM, RYZEN5000 said:

Later that night I had an idea, I set the inner server node to false and that stopped the blinking. Anyone get the node working that is the one in the main template? I gave up on that and installed a seperate node. I don't even know why they included it in the template, it doesn't work.

Yes I use the internal one, ironically I cannot get the separate node docker to work reliably.

Tried this fix this one myself with no luck.

Running Tdarr server as a docker on my Unraid with a node on my windows PC.

"pathTranslators": [
    {
      "server": "/mnt/media",
      "node": "\\\\192.168.20.13\\data\\media"
    },
    {
      "server": "/temp",
      "node": "\\\\192.168.20.13\\tdarrtemp"
    }

This is my pathtranslaters, health check works fine however when I try to transcode something I get this error.

[ERROR] Tdarr_Node - Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access
    at Object.accessSync (fs.js:228:3)
    at Object.accessSync (pkg/prelude/bootstrap.js:1474:34)
    at _0x274ea4 (C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:49056)
    at C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:50659
    at _0x2c23c7 (C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:10643)
    at Object.next (C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:8962)
    at C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:8430
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:7746)
    at preProcessFile (C:\snapshot\tdarr_express_node\srcug\workers\worker1.js:1:48510) {
  errno: -4058,
  syscall: 'access',
  code: 'ENOENT'
}

I presume some access issue?

Dumb question and I can't find it mentioned anywhere in this thread:

Currently the tdarr app states "Tdarr_node included". However when setting this up it is not showing any nodes available.

No Tdarr Nodes detected. Start one to begin transcoding. Use native Tdarr Nodes for Windows, macOS and Linux or use tdarr_node Docker containers.

Anything I'm missing? I was hoping not to have to run a separate container since this is going to be a single node setup on the Unraid box itself.

EDIT: Fixed. Apparently I had to dig just a LITTLE further and use different search terms in this thread to find the breadcrumbs I needed. TL;DR: Go to advanced settings in the container and set the Internal Node to true. It defaults to false.

Edited by cr08
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed Tdarr v2 with node in, added extra parameters for runtime nvidia, driver capabilities and visible devices

Node enabled set to true, but Tradd don't see any nodes inside.

What I am doing wrong, can you please help

Fixed myself, need to set as host network type

Edited by J05u