[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

7 hours ago, nicksphone said:

I tried the aio docker and I get this error

Warning: file_exist(): Unable to find the wrapper "mongodb" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? In /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamic.docker.manger/include/Helpers.php on line 283

I have the same mongo settings as the other docker

Hi Nick, is that with the tdarr_io CA template or did you manually search for it on DockerHub? Please try the CA Tdarr template if you haven’t. 

5 hours ago, EmilionDK said:

Hey! 

So..

I was going to make a post if you could add custom output folders.

But before I post here, I saw there was an update.

And can see that you have added that option!!! Fuc**ng amazing! :D

(explanation for why I wanted it)

I don't like that there are different formats in the plex folder, so the opportunity to convert them before they enters the folder is super nice.

So far I have tested for a few months on files that are not part of the plex folder to see if everything works properly!

And it just runs without any flaws, it's so cool! 

Right now i have a vm as a converter, which I look forward to getting away and using only your docker.

Keep up the good work

Sincerely EmilionDK

Great to hear! Let me know if you have any suggestions :)

35 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Ok, there was a mistake with the tdarr_aio template which I put together on Saturday   (apologies, first template I’ve done). It was updated yesterday, please try the new template. 

Just tried it now got this:

Warning: file_exists(): Unable to find the wrapper "mongodb" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/Helpers.php on line 283

edit1

your notes say mongo is in the wrapper i am putting the addy to the external mongo is that the issue?

edit 2 

Just a thought if you have an instance of mongo running in the aio docker perhaps pre-config that line in the docker template

Edited by nicksphone
additional thought
10 minutes ago, nicksphone said:

Just tried it now got this:

Warning: file_exists(): Unable to find the wrapper "mongodb" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/Helpers.php on line 283

edit1

your notes say mongo is in the wrapper i am putting the addy to the external mongo is that the issue?

Yeah that's right so you need to put a path to a folder where you want the mongodb data stored, not an address. Let me know if it still doesn't work. Seems to be working fine for others.

8 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Yeah that's right so you need to put a path to a folder where you want the mongodb data stored, not an address. Let me know if it still doesn't work. Seems to be working fine for others.

pointed it to an appdata folder and get 

* Starting database mongodb
...fail!
* Starting database mongodb
...fail!

1 hour ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Do your settings look similar to this? (Without the nvidia related variables) :

68747470733a2f2f636f64696e672e6672696262

i did not add a random name for the DB that was the issue i was unsure if it made a file or not

Edit 1:

Another silly question. with the aio docker do i need mongodb docker anymore if im not using it for anything else?

Edited by nicksphone

This is something I was actually looking for! Thanks so much :)

Just bought a 1050ti which will arrive this week. Hope I can actually can get it running because it needs the 6-pin power connector but my server doesn't support that lol. Anyways it's working like a charm on my CPU's for now. Hope I can learn some ffmpeg in the future (is it more efficient?) for now I will stick with handbrake presets.

Very clean UI although, sometimes I have to look around for a bit. (For me it wasn't clear I had to add different plug-ins for codec, size and handbrake preset so it still added all movies to encoding cue). I think it took me about half an hour to set up everything up.

Again thanks a lot for the hard work!

5 hours ago, controlol said:

This is something I was actually looking for! Thanks so much :)

Just bought a 1050ti which will arrive this week. Hope I can actually can get it running because it needs the 6-pin power connector but my server doesn't support that lol. Anyways it's working like a charm on my CPU's for now. Hope I can learn some ffmpeg in the future (is it more efficient?) for now I will stick with handbrake presets.

Very clean UI although, sometimes I have to look around for a bit. (For me it wasn't clear I had to add different plug-ins for codec, size and handbrake preset so it still added all movies to encoding cue). I think it took me about half an hour to set up everything up.

Again thanks a lot for the hard work!

Which 1050Ti did you get? I've got one and it doesn't need a 6pin connector.

And ffmpeg isn't necessarily more efficient unless you really no what you're doing. HandBrake is definitely easier to use but have a look into both.

Thanks for the feedback on the UI. Yeah I need to do some more work on making the plugin system more explanatory but glad you got there in the end.

4 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Which 1050Ti did you get? I've got one and it doesn't need a 6pin connector.

I bought it for 60 Euro's from a buddy at work, but he didn't know which card he has. Unfortunately he didn't have pictures but I am pretty sure he has a MSI 1050ti gaming (x) because he bought it at work and my boss is a huge fan from MSI. I will have to wait untill saturday and see which one he has. And if it doesn't work in my server I can flip it and buy a less powerful version.

4 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

And ffmpeg isn't necessarily more efficient unless you really no what you're doing. HandBrake is definitely easier to use but have a look into both.

Will do that! 

13 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

using the handbrake plugin im not realy saving any space with the nvec h265 what im saving on the 4k files im loosing on half my 1080's doubling in size. im not great with setting these things up but i was saving more space with unmanic and not seeing a huge quality drop any idea what settings he was using? 

17 hours ago, nicksphone said:

using the handbrake plugin im not realy saving any space with the nvec h265 what im saving on the 4k files im loosing on half my 1080's doubling in size. im not great with setting these things up but i was saving more space with unmanic and not seeing a huge quality drop any idea what settings he was using? 

What are your current transcode settings? Do you mean the winsome nvenc plugin?

The problem with NVENC is that it's very quick but not size efficient. I'm assuming Unmanic uses the default FFmpeg x265 settings so here are the results when compared to the HandBrake "H.265 MKV 2160p60" preset (with and without NVENC):

Original File Size (30.8MB)

"H.265 MKV 2160p60" NVENC - 0m 16s - (26.6MB)
FFmpeg 265 Default - 1min 20s - (19.8MB) (65% CPU)
HandBrake "H.265 MKV 2160p60" - 2min 24s - (18.MB) (50% CPU)

As you can see, without NVENC, HandBrake produces smaller files than FFmpeg, it takes longer (although also has lower CPU usage which should be taken into consideration).

So it really depends on what you're after because none of the other methods will be anywhere near as fast as NVENC.

19 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:

What are your current transcode settings? Do you mean the winsome nvenc plugin?

The problem with NVENC is that it's very quick but not size efficient. I'm assuming Unmanic uses the default FFmpeg x265 settings so here are the results when compared to the HandBrake "H.265 MKV 2160p60" preset (with and without NVENC):

Original File Size (30.8MB)

"H.265 MKV 2160p60" NVENC - 0m 16s - (26.6MB)
FFmpeg 265 Default - 1min 20s - (19.8MB) (65% CPU)
HandBrake "H.265 MKV 2160p60" - 2min 24s - (18.MB) (50% CPU)

As you can see, without NVENC, HandBrake produces smaller files than FFmpeg, it takes longer (although also has lower CPU usage which should be taken into consideration).

So it really depends on what you're after because none of the other methods will be anywhere near as fast as NVENC.

my real concern is the 720p and 1080p files that were in 264 growing in size usally 1.5x on 720 and 2-3 times the size on 1080p no point re-encoding them if its going to take up more space using the plugin is there a way for it to only do 4k files if this is the norm?

12 minutes ago, nicksphone said:

my real concern is the 720p and 1080p files that were in 264 growing in size usally 1.5x on 720 and 2-3 times the size on 1080p no point re-encoding them if its going to take up more space using the plugin is there a way for it to only do 4k files if this is the norm?

Yes an easy way to do that is to go into the Plugin creator on the 'Plugins' tab and create a 4K filter plugin:

image.png

So it should look like the above. Hit 'Create Plugin'. The plugin will appear in your 'Local' plugins. Copy the ID into your plugin stack and make sure 'Local' is selected. It should look something like this:

image.png

Hit enter and then make sure the filter is at the top of your plugin stack.

Edited by HaveAGitGat
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Yes an easy way to do that is to go into the Plugin creator on the 'Plugins' tab and create a 4K filter plugin:

image.thumb.png.20a6c79573dfde791a1668d3f33fb6c3.png

So it should look like the above. Hit 'Create Plugin'. The plugin will appear in your 'Local' plugins. Copy the ID into your plugin stack and make sure 'Local' is selected. It should look something like this:

image.png.5c07d4e3588decd0fa777bfd16b309c0.png

Hit enter and then make sure the filter is at the top of your plugin stack.

image.png

image.png

doing it this way i would have to make separate libs so it still strips the meta from all the files?

16 minutes ago, nicksphone said:

doing it this way i would have to make separate libs so it still strips the meta from all the files?

I've created a new community plugin for you:

ID:Tdarr_Plugin_s710_nick_h265_nvenc_4K

Desc:This plugin transcodes all 4K videos to h265 using nvenc (if not in h265 already). For 4K and files in other resolutions: If not in mkv the file is remuxed into mkv. If the English language track is not in AC3,EAC3 or DTS then an AC3 track is added.

So it does exactly the same as the other one except if files aren't 4K then they aren't transcoded.

• Like 1
Just now, HaveAGitGat said:

I've created a new community plugin for you:

ID:Tdarr_Plugin_s710_nick_h265_nvenc_4K

Desc:This plugin transcodes all 4K videos to h265 using nvenc (if not in h265 already). For 4K and files in other resolutions: If not in mkv the file is remuxed into mkv. If the English language track is not in AC3,EAC3 or DTS then an AC3 track is added.

So it does exactly the same as the other one except if files aren't 4K then they aren't transcoded.

wow thank you so much i know im a pain in the ass but im trying to learn :)

Can anyone offer advice on creating plugins?

What I want to create seems simple enough.

I want to convert any video file that has surround sound that isn't ac3, aac, or mp3, and transcode to ac3, and copy the rest (video, subtitles, etc).

It's late here and I'll have another crack at it on the weekend, just thought if someone could steer me in the right direction.

tl;dr, I have 10 year old surround sound that doesn't support DD+, DTS-HD, and most other modern surround sound files. As a result, I want to convert my videos with surround sound audio to something that will play on my speakers.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, the1poet said:

Can anyone offer advice on creating plugins?

What I want to create seems simple enough.

I want to convert any video file that has surround sound that isn't ac3, aac, or mp3, and transcode to ac3, and copy the rest (video, subtitles, etc).

It's late here and I'll have another crack at it on the weekend, just thought if someone could steer me in the right direction.

tl;dr, I have 10 year old surround sound that doesn't support DD+, DTS-HD, and most other modern surround sound files. As a result, I want to convert my videos with surround sound audio to something that will play on my speakers.

Thanks

Surround sound being 5.1 or 7.1 or both?