[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

10 hours ago, mi5key said:

Just set up tdarr yesterday, loving the control that it gives me as opposed to something like Unmanic.  I have it pointed at my movies folder using Handbrake, and have pinned four cores to the container.  Right now, the ETA is about 16 hours @ 20% complete.  The ETA bounces around between 14-18 hours.

I just copied this same file to my Handbrake container watch folder, and the ETA is ~8 hours with .31% complete.  Also four separate cores pinned to the container.  Using the same preset: H.265 MKV 1080p30.  Per the logs the ETA is steady, doesn't change much, except to decrease normally as it processes.

Wondering why the discrepancy between the two?  I really want to like tdarr for the control it gives.  I'm confident I'm doing something wrong, just don't know what yet.

Are you doing 2 pass encoding at all? The Tdarr ETA wouldn’t take that into consideration.

Have you tried using the HandBrakeCLI on its own and comparing that to the HandBrake container and Tdarr? I’m thinking maybe the GUI applies some extra settings behind the scenes to make things faster. 

I use the “Fast 1080p30” preset and the ETA has been quite accurate with that. 

5 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Hi, if you open up the plugin (located where you mapped the Tdarr documents folder) in a text editor you can see what conversion settings it’s using or you can see it here:

https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr_Plugins/blob/master/Community/Tdarr_Plugin_s7x8_winsome_h265.js

So the video transcoding in this plugin is done by HandBrake and uses the following:

-Z "H.265 MKV 2160p60" --all-audio --all-subtitles

Unlike FFmpeg, HandBrake is a bit more limited in what it can do with audio. Here you can see that the default for this preset is stereo audio:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/technical/official-presets.html

You can pass through audio using for example the following switch:

-E copy:ac3,aac,eac3,truehd,dts,dtshd,mp3

That was close, and got me to using my brain, but I had to put copy in front of every format to get it to work. So it went:

-E copy:ac3,copy:aac,copy:eac3,copy:truehd,copy:dts,copy:dtshd,copy:mp3,copy:flac

Then it just started passing through all my audio. Thanks for all the great work and thanks!

2 hours ago, nickp85 said:

I find it much easier to create a Handbrake profile in the GUI and export it then just copy it to your share exposed to Tdarr container and call it from the plugin.

I'm trying to give this a try as it looks like some files of mine are just dropping the audio all together. I have my profile exported, where would I put it for the plugin to recognize it? 

21 hours ago, total said:

I'm trying to give this a try as it looks like some files of mine are just dropping the audio all together. I have my profile exported, where would I put it for the plugin to recognize it? 

You have to create a new plugin for it which you can do using the plugin creator GUI on the Plugins tab.

You need to exclude transcoding hevc and then add a custom transcode action. You use the normal HandBrake syntax for that. So the plugin summary should look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/CECWNSY

Where the argument is:

--preset-import-file "C:\Users\HaveAGitGat\Desktop\testpreset.json" -Z "My Preset"

So you need to change that to the path and name of your preset.

8 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

You have to create a new plugin for it which you can do using the plugin creator GUI on the Plugins tab.

You need to exclude transcoding hevc and then add a custom transcode action. You use the normal HandBrake syntax for that. So the plugin summary should look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/CECWNSY

Where the argument is:

--preset-import-file "C:\Users\HaveAGitGat\Desktop\testpreset.json" -Z "My Preset"

So you need to change that to the path and name of your preset.

Thanks a ton. I will give it a shot. 

Hello,
I have just installed tdarr on my unraid and was wondering if I can simply use a filter for eac3 and then transcode it to ac3? What is better in this case: ffmpeg or handbrake?
Can I define different output extensions like mkv and MP4 within the same plugin or do I have to define multiple plugins for that?

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, darkreeper said:

Hello,
I have just installed tdarr on my unraid and was wondering if I can simply use a filter for eac3 and then transcode it to ac3? What is better in this case: ffmpeg or handbrake?
Can I define different output extensions like mkv and MP4 within the same plugin or do I have to define multiple plugins for that?

Thanks

What are you looking to do? Just change eac3 to ac3 on your video files? Are you wanting to keep the original eac3 audio stream or replace it?

23 hours ago, darkreeper said:

Exactly. I want to have every eac3 line replaced with ac3 leaving the rest as it is.

Sorry missed the reply. There is a 'standardise audio codecs' plugin which will convert all audio to ac3. Will that be okay or are there other audio streams (like dts etc) which you want to leave alone in the file?

1 hour ago, darkreeper said:

I want to leave everything as it is except eac3. DTS and so on is totally fine for me.

I've created and uploaded a new community plugin for this:

Tdarr_Plugin_a9hd_FFMPEG_Transcode_Specific_Audio_Stream_Codecs

Ip3uI6I.png

Make sure you are on Tdarr 1.104.

The number of channels per stream is kept the same but the bitrate changes depending on the codec. Test it first! Worked well for me.

I've created and uploaded a new community plugin for this:
Tdarr_Plugin_a9hd_FFMPEG_Transcode_Specific_Audio_Stream_Codecs

Ip3uI6I.png&key=b428496ae77a614360c660466866dcd7c610b61d574e9d2d4fa04f5b59b42a54

Make sure you are on Tdarr 1.104.

The number of channels per stream is kept the same but the bitrate changes depending on the codec. Test it first! Worked well for me.
Well I am getting an error. It tells me "permission denied" when it is trying to transcode my test files. I tried different folders an checked the permissions. I have nobody:users everywhere.
Any idea what the reason might be?

Whic

5 hours ago, darkreeper said:

Well I am getting an error. It tells me "permission denied" when it is trying to transcode my test files. I tried different folders an checked the permissions. I have nobody:users everywhere.
Any idea what the reason might be?

Which container are you using? tdarr or tdarr_aio? If tdarr please check for a new update and try again.

Whic
Which container are you using? tdarr or tdarr_aio? If tdarr please check for a new update and try again.
I am using the standard tdarr container. I have updated it and now it is currently transcoding my test files.
Can I somehow restrict it to one file at a time?
Is it possible to have it transcoded before it is registered as complete in radarr/sonarr?

Hi! I have this running on my server now, but I'm not sure how to actually do what I'm after. In your wiki documentation, you mention your plugin stack:

(1) If not in h264, transcode into h264 [h264 is a more universal video codec than others] (2) If not in mp4, remux into mp4 [mp4 is the most universal container] (3) Remove subs (4) Remove closed captions (5) Add aac stereo audio if none (eng preferred) [very universal audio codec/channel count] (6) Remove meta-data if title meta detected [Stops annoying titles appearing in Plex]

Is that available somewhere? It is very close to what I'm trying to do.

First off thank you.  I just started using this container and I like all the options you have to control your media files. 

I'm having an issue with the container not using the PUID:99 and PGID: 100 defined in the template.  When the container writes any file it does so as root.  Most of the containers when the PUID and PGID are set it uses this when writing files created.  Can you please change the container to use these settings?  I don't want my media files created as root that are output from this container.

Anyone else having this issue?  I thought I might have setup something incorrectly, but everything else is working fine.  Only issue is the files are being created with the wrong owner.

Thanks

Edited by mwells
On 2/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, whipdancer said:

Hi! I have this running on my server now, but I'm not sure how to actually do what I'm after. In your wiki documentation, you mention your plugin stack:

Is that available somewhere? It is very close to what I'm trying to do.

Dealt with on Discord. Let me know if you need further help.