[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation

15 hours ago, nicksphone said:

@HaveAGitGat using the driver mod no matter how many transcodes I set the GPU is only using about 50% and my CPU usage is low as well. Is this the max or is there a setting I missed

No the container will make use of all resources made available to it so I can only assume it’s a bottleneck or setting limit outside of the container. 

51 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:

No the container will make use of all resources made available to it so I can only assume it’s a bottleneck or setting limit outside of the container. 

I upped the allowed CPU cores and still only uses 50 to 58 % of the GPU everything else is as far as I know set to default. It's the only docker assigned the GPU so not sure what's wrong if people are getting more utilisation.

Hey,

Thanx for this great container!

Don't know if already mentioned, in some rare occasion some hevc files are not recognized as hevc files resulting in transcoding the already hevc into a hevc file.

Don't know if its Tdarr or maybe the files themselves are poorly coded. Or maybe its the plugin? (i use the 'Nosirus h265, aac, no meta, subs kept' plugin.

Just letting you know.

Keep up the good work!

3 minutes ago, KillRoy1972 said:

Hey,

Thanx for this great container!

Don't know if already mentioned, in some rare occasion some hevc files are not recognized as hevc files resulting in transcoding the already hevc into a hevc file.

Don't know if its Tdarr or maybe the files themselves are poorly coded. Or maybe its the plugin? (i use the 'Nosirus h265, aac, no meta, subs kept' plugin.

Just letting you know.

Keep up the good work!

Hi, do you have the `Tdarr_Plugin_lmg1_Reorder_Streams` plugin as the first plugin? Sounds like the video stream in some of your files is not in the first stream so is not being processed correctly.

5 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Hi, do you have the `Tdarr_Plugin_lmg1_Reorder_Streams` plugin as the first plugin? Sounds like the video stream in some of your files is not in the first stream so is not being processed correctly.

Nope, I will take a look, thanks!  🙂

Should i put it as priority 1, in front of all other plugins?

Edited by KillRoy1972
question
  • Like 1
On 4/6/2020 at 8:29 AM, nicksphone said:

I upped the allowed CPU cores and still only uses 50 to 58 % of the GPU everything else is as far as I know set to default. It's the only docker assigned the GPU so not sure what's wrong if people are getting more utilisation.

Which plugin are you using? If it’s a Handbrake one then that only encodes with the gpu, not decodes so that could be why it’s only being reported as 50% (even though the gpu encoder is working at 100%).

Not all the FFmpeg nvenc plugins include gpu decoding. Migz’s and iDrake’s do so could try them. 

1 hour ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Which plugin are you using? If it’s a Handbrake one then that only encodes with the gpu, not decodes so that could be why it’s only being reported as 50% (even though the gpu encoder is working at 100%).

Not all the FFmpeg nvenc plugins include gpu decoding. Migz’s and iDrake’s do so could try them. 

im using Tdarr_Plugin_MC93_Migz1FFMPEG
Migz-Transcode Using Nvidia GPU & FFMPEG 

Is there anyway to convert .avi files to h264 in mkv container?

I looked thru the Plugins and didn't see anything of the sort. I did see a lot of h265 stuff thou. 

I'm basically converting my entire library into 

mkv

Ac3 if in Multiple channels

I tried to create a plugin using the Plugin Creator and it said it created the plugin and added it to local. However when I view local it does't show up. 

**************************update**********************

Took a few refreshes of the screen and it showed up. Its obvious I don't really know what I'm doing. Lol

10 hours ago, kizer said:

Is there anyway to convert .avi files to h264 in mkv container?

I looked thru the Plugins and didn't see anything of the sort. I did see a lot of h265 stuff thou. 

I'm basically converting my entire library into 

mkv

Ac3 if in Multiple channels

I tried to create a plugin using the Plugin Creator and it said it created the plugin and added it to local. However when I view local it does't show up. 

**************************update**********************

Took a few refreshes of the screen and it showed up. Its obvious I don't really know what I'm doing. Lol

Handbrake NVEC 264 configurable lets you pick container. 

I noticed this on my screen. Says off for my Libraries. Does this mean its not currently running or does it mean they are disabled. 

I only have two Libraries and I checked both Libraries neither have indications of being turned off and I can't find any settings anywhere to disable any operations. 

Just checking since this is a rather new Docker to me. 

I'm thinking its because my schedule was set to 1AM and its not 1AM. I rescanned my Libraries and then checked every hour and The OFF indicator went away. LOL

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 8.08.33 AM.png

14 hours ago, nicksphone said:

Handbrake NVEC 264 configurable lets you pick container. 

Yes. Problem with it, its converting my audio from AC3 to Stereo MP3 or maybe it was Stereo AAC. I forget. Lol

I just want to convert all non h264 to mkv or mp4 and retain audio. I don't need anything audio wise converted. 

I also have a plugin running that takes multi channel Audio that isn't AC3 and converts it to AC3. I can't run Multi channel AAC on my reciever.

I really don't have to convert my non h264 files, but it would greatly reduce the file usage on my drives.

I noticed this on my screen. Says off for my Libraries. Does this mean its not currently running or does it mean they are disabled. 

I only have two Libraries and I checked both Libraries neither have indications of being turned off and I can't find any settings anywhere to disable any operations. 

Just checking since this is a rather new Docker to me. 

I'm thinking its because my schedule was set to 1AM and its not 1AM. I rescanned my Libraries and then checked every hour and The OFF indicator went away. LOL
335635829_ScreenShot2020-04-09at8_08_33AM.png.bbf257497c00cafda983c5ce5278bea4.png
Hi
the OFF state indicates that the library isn't processed. I have attached a pic with the option.
6214e1f7355ed83a5ef4569675ea22ce.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

On 2/17/2020 at 2:49 AM, HaveAGitGat said:

There's not a plugin which doesn that at the moment but can add it to the to-do list.

I submitted a pull request with a plugin that has this functionality. The user can pick the audio stream by channel count and it will set to the only default stream.

Since upgrading to version 1.107 I have the following error while transcoding with my Nvidia Quadro P400 H265 capable card.

Cannot load libnvcuvid.so.1

Command:

/home/Tdarr/Tdarr/bundle/programs/server/assets/app/ffmpeg/ffmpeg345/ffmpeg -c:v h264_cuvid -i '/home/Tdarr/Media/file.mkv' -map 0 -c:v hevc_nvenc -rc:v vbr_hq -b:v 1591k -minrate 1113k -maxrate 2068k -bufsize 2M -spatial_aq:v 1 -c:a copy -c:s copy -max_muxing_queue_size 4096 '/home/Tdarr/cache/file-TdarrCacheFile-m2OrUMCU61.mkv'

Last 200 lines of CLI log:

ffmpeg version 3.4.5 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers

built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1)

configuration: --prefix=/home/z/ffmpeg_build --pkg-config-flags=--static --extra-cflags=-I/home/z/ffmpeg_build/include --extra-ldflags=-L/home/z/ffmpeg_build/lib --extra-libs='-lpthread -lm' --bindir=/home/z/bin --enable-gpl --enable-libass --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-nonfree

libavutil 55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100

libavcodec 57.107.100 / 57.107.100

libavformat 57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100

libavdevice 57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100

libavfilter 6.107.100 / 6.107.100

libswscale 4. 8.100 / 4. 8.100

libswresample 2. 9.100 / 2. 9.100

libpostproc 54. 7.100 / 54. 7.100

Input #0, matroska,webm, from '/home/Tdarr/Media/file.mkv':

Metadata:

encoder : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2

creation_time : 2020-04-13T06:36:49.000000Z

Duration: 00:40:28.08, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 3182 kb/s

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1280x720, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 96k tbc (default)

Metadata:

BPS-eng : 3053538

DURATION-eng : 00:40:27.959000000

NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 72766

NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 926733160

_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v45.0.0 ('Heaven in Pennies') 64-bit

_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2020-04-13 06:36:49

_STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (HE-AAC), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)

Metadata:

BPS-eng : 126806

DURATION-eng : 00:40:28.075000000

NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 56909

NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 38487033

_STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v45.0.0 ('Heaven in Pennies') 64-bit

_STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2020-04-13 06:36:49

_STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES

[h264_cuvid @ 0x556fbadc4b00] Failed loading nvcuvid.

Stream mapping:

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (h264_cuvid) -> hevc (hevc_nvenc))

Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)

Error while opening decoder for input stream #0:0 : Unknown error occurred

Running:

Mon Apr 13 13:56:11 2020
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 440.44       Driver Version: 440.44       CUDA Version: 10.2     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  Quadro P400         Off  | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| 34%   25C    P8    N/A /  N/A |      0MiB /  1999MiB |      0%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                       GPU Memory |
|  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|  No running processes found                                                 |

Does anybody have any idea what's causing this issue?

Oh man, this works great! Thanks for this software! I managed to get a good chunk of my video library monitored to ensure h265/mkv for any new stuff.

Maybe one of the experts here could help me figure out how to deal with old enigma2 recordings properly. They are in .ts containers and the old ones are in mpeg2 format, while I would like them to be converted to h.264 for better space efficiency, while retaining good compatibility with my existing enigma2 players. As far as I understand, this should somehow be manageable using ffmpeg, but I'm not sure about how to get this going in Tdarr without ruining my library. 

Oh man, this works great! Thanks for this software! I managed to get a good chunk of my video library monitored to ensure h265/mkv for any new stuff.

Maybe one of the experts here could help me figure out how to deal with old enigma2 recordings properly. They are in .ts containers and the old ones are in mpeg2 format, while I would like them to be converted to h.264 for better space efficiency, while retaining good compatibility with my existing enigma2 players. As far as I understand, this should somehow be manageable using ffmpeg, but I'm not sure about how to get this going in Tdarr without ruining my library. 

Is it possible for you to somehow provide a sample for testing?
What requirements does enigma2 have?

• Like 1
On 4/13/2020 at 7:54 PM, darkreeper said:

Is it possible for you to somehow provide a sample for testing?
What requirements does enigma2 have?

Enigma2 is basically the software foundation running on popular Linux receivers like the Dreambox or Vu. Put simply, it takes whatever comes down through DVB-C/S/T and stores it in a .ts container.

For my old recordings, this mostly looks like this:

image.png.45f0708b511f17b88cdbeb3f65cc9fe1.png

Newer recordings benefit from the fact that TV stations (like ZDF) have adopted H.264 for the video stream, saving lots of bandwidth and in my case, storage on unRAID:

image.thumb.png.25d30187141525651d2322445a09e23d.png

So in addition to converting from MPEG2 to H264, it might also be necessary to move the Teletext stream down a bit, since I understand that Tdarr needs the video stream to be the first in the file for proper codec recognition.

As for Enigma2 requirements, I don't think there really are that many other than the .ts conforming to the standard used by DVB. I can provide a sample file via Dropbox or something, if the description is not sufficient.

Thank you.

Edited by drdebian
Enigma2 is basically the software foundation running on popular Linux receivers like the Dreambox or Vu. Put simply, it takes whatever comes down through DVB-C/S/T and stores it in a .ts container.

For my old recordings, this mostly looks like this:
image.png.45f0708b511f17b88cdbeb3f65cc9fe1.png

Newer recordings benefit from the fact that TV stations (like ZDF) have adopted H.264 for the video stream, saving lots of bandwidth and in my case, storage on unRAID:
image.thumb.png.25d30187141525651d2322445a09e23d.png

So in addition to converting from MPEG2 to H264, it might also be necessary to move the Teletext stream down a bit, since I understand that Tdarr needs the video stream to be the first in the file for proper codec recognition.

As for Enigma2 requirements, I don't think there really are that many other than the .ts conforming to the standard used by DVB. I can provide a sample file via Dropbox or something, if the description is not sufficient.

Thank you.
Can you provide a sample file? I will have to test the proper settings myself. I can provide a link for upload as well.

Regarding the video stream at pos1: there should already be a plugin active in your library which does that.

Do you want the recordings to be in h264 or h265?

On 4/13/2020 at 5:00 AM, renedis1 said:

Since upgrading to version 1.107 I have the following error while transcoding with my Nvidia Quadro P400 H265 capable card.

Having the same problem on my system. Cannot get any of the nvenc plugins working properly. nvidia-smi is working in the console, and all other containers can access the GPU normally.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, renedis1 said:

Does anybody have any idea what's causing this issue?

Have you tried flicking the FFmpeg version switch on the Options tab? 

I didn’t change anything with FFmpeg 3.4.5 in that version so not sure what it could be.

3xh09u9.jpg

As you can see, all the nvenc dependencies are enabled^.