Digitus UPS reporting 0 minutes of runtime left

Zandor300

Hi,

I have a Digitus DN-170091 UPS with a Mega System HDL801 NetAgent 9 network card running firmware 3.7.DL530. I've configured it in unRAID like so:

image.png.c7d3faf897d34d6f0a3d6939cd8a8f55.png

But for some reason, it is reporting that the UPS has 0.0 minutes of runtime left, so when the UPS loses power, my unRAID servers instantly shutdown.

image.png.a6435584ad29be32dc76c037d2e1bba5.png

I can't find the runtime counter anywhere in the webinterface for the network card.

What am I doing wrong?

- Zandor

9 minutes ago, Zandor300 said:

so when the UPS loses power, my unRAID servers instantly shutdown.

I doubt I can help with the issue, but just to clarify, the server stays on, and starts the shutdown process immediately, right? Or are you saying the server loses power as well?

If the power is staying on, then you may be able to get around the issue by changing battery level and runtime percent to 0, and put a rational amount of time to stay running in the time on battery field. I prefer to shut down based on how long the power is out anyway, I don't like running the batteries down on the UPS, and if the power is out for more than a minute or two, it's probably down for a couple hours, so may as well start the shutdown procedure as soon as practical.

Your UPS is reporting TIMELEFT is 0 seconds (ie: Time Left on Battery), so unRaid is handling everything correctly (because your settings says shutdown if there's less than 10 minutes remaining)

You might want to try the NUT plugin and see if that makes any difference.

@jonathanm

1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

I doubt I can help with the issue, but just to clarify, the server stays on, and starts the shutdown process immediately, right? Or are you saying the server loses power as well?

Yes, sorry, I meant the server stays on and starts shutting down immediately.

2 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If the power is staying on, then you may be able to get around the issue by changing battery level and runtime percent to 0, and put a rational amount of time to stay running in the time on battery field. I prefer to shut down based on how long the power is out anyway, I don't like running the batteries down on the UPS, and if the power is out for more than a minute or two, it's probably down for a couple hours, so may as well start the shutdown procedure as soon as practical.

I did try to set the "Runtime left to initiate shutdown (minutes)" value to 0, but that also immediately initates a shutdown. Didn't try the "Time on battery before shutdown (seconds)" though. Will do right away.