Asrock X570M and two GPUs

Hi, I purchased a Asrock X570M motherboard with a AMD 2700X in Fractal Design Node 804 case.  (Plan to upgrade to a new R9 once prices drop)   The motherboard has three PCIe slots.   With a AMD 2nd Gen CPU installed the motherboard's slots run at PCIe 3.0 16/1/4.    In the first slot I have a AMD 580 that I would like to pass through to a Plex server VM.   I read a post that the Unraid Plex Docker can only use a NVidia GPU for hardware transcoding.   In the third PCIe slot I plan to purchase and install a SATA/SAS controller.

I bought a ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 1GB DDR3 PCIE x 1 to put in the second to use as a second GPU but it will not boot with it installed even if I have the AMD 580 installed too.   Is this a known issue?   From what I read this slot uses the chipset's PCIe lanes.   Has anyone tried using with a B450 motherboard's PCIe 2.0 x1 slot with a GPU?   I decided to go with the Asrock X570M because the third PCIe slot on a B450 MATX motherboard is only PCIe 2.0 x4.

I hope I wrote this question in a way that makes sense.   Thanks!

David

Edited by davidst95