Mover Question

sauso

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this has been asked before. i've tried to search but i can't seem to find any hits.

I currently have a 2tb cache pool and use that to download all my Media to.  I've set it to write to the cache and then i have mover moving the data to my array once a month.  This is great however i average 1.5tb of data a month and when mover starts it moves everything.

Is it possible to have mover only move items older than a certain date (say 30 days)?  That way new files stay on the cache pool to allow super fast play back whilst after a month they go to the array.  (i should add that i then use rclone to move them to the cloud after 6 months).

Would be truly awesome to have 3 fully automated tier's of storage.

Thanks,

sauso

No.   There is no way to achieve what you want in the current Unraid as mover does not take age into account when moving files.

The only way I can think of to achieve what you want is to customise the ‘mover’ script to suit your particular use case.   If you changed it to only move files over a certain age then you could run mover more frequently (e.g. daily) which might reduce space pressure on the cache drive.