Mover won't move system share off cache?

I want to replace my cache drive with one much bigger but the mover won't move the system share off the cache drive and onto the array.

VMs are disabled, docker is disabled, system share is set to cache preferred. 

I had no trouble getting the app data off, but the libvirt and docker folders wont move. Any clues on next steps?

12 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Cache preferred means move files TO the cache.    You need Use Cache=Yes to get them to move FROM the cache.    You should read the help for the Use cache setting that is built into the GUI to see the effect of the different options and how they affect mover.

Oops, I should have specified I actually tried both. Sorry it’s late for me - bad omission on my part, cache=yes and cache preferred after it wouldn’t move.

6 hours ago, itimpi said:

If it will not move with use Cache=-Yes and dockers and VMs both disabled (to make sure they are not holding files open) then I would suggest enabling mover logging to see what it reports.  

Thanks Itimpi, 

This is what I get with Mover logging:

Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX root: mover: started
Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX move: move: file /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img
Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX move: move_object: /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img File exists
Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX move: move: file /mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX move: move_object: /mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists
Oct 10 06:03:12 XXXXX root: mover: finished

OK.    That shows that somehow you have ended up with the same file on both array and cache which should not happen in normal operation.  In such a case mover does not do anything as it does not know which is the 'good' copy.  The most likely cause would be that at some point you started the array without the cache disk present and so the system created fresh copies of these files on the array.    You need to decide which copy (if any) of each file you wand to keep and remove the other one.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, itimpi said:

OK.    That shows that somehow you have ended up with the same file on both array and cache which should not happen in normal operation.  In such a case mover does not do anything as it does not know which is the 'good' copy.  The most likely cause would be that at some point you started the array without the cache disk present and so the system created fresh copies of these files on the array.    You need to decide which copy (if any) of each file you wand to keep and remove the other one.

Very helpful thank you! I assume from the parenthesis that these are auto generated upon start up of the array if the files aren’t present? So it’s safe to delete either one via crusader? Apologies, unraid has been my first foray in Linux.