FixProblems Plugin - no CPU Scaling Driver

So I installed FixProblems Plugin  and I am getting this error :

CPU possibly will not throttle down frequency at idle - Your CPU is running constantly at 100% and will not throttle down when it's idle (to save heat / power). This is because there is currently no CPU Scaling Driver Installed. Seek assistance on the unRaid forums with this issue.

Is this a real issue, how do I fix? (I was finding old threads for 2018 nothing newer)

There are some old CPUs that don't support frequency scaling but, assuming yours does, and you're not deliberately overclocking it, you should be able to set a CPU scaling governor if you install the Tips and Tweaks plugin. I use the On Demand option. Leaving it as is won't cause problems but it will use more energy and produce more heat than strictly necessary.

1 hour ago, John_M said:

There are some old CPUs that don't support frequency scaling but, assuming yours does, and you're not deliberately overclocking it, you should be able to set a CPU scaling governor if you install the Tips and Tweaks plugin. I use the On Demand option. Leaving it as is won't cause problems but it will use more energy and produce more heat than strictly necessary.

So I installed the plugin, and its set to on demand, but the driver still shows no driver. I have an AMD FX-9590, no overclock

Update: Nevermind, I found I needed to change settings in the Bios. The no driver was throwing me off, should say check bios settings. but all good now. Thanks!

Edited by almulder
  • 1 year later...
On 10/10/2019 at 7:45 PM, almulder said:

So I installed the plugin, and its set to on demand, but the driver still shows no driver. I have an AMD FX-9590, no overclock

Update: Nevermind, I found I needed to change settings in the Bios. The no driver was throwing me off, should say check bios settings. but all good now. Thanks!

What did you change in your bios? I would like to fix this for my  AMD FX™-6300.

Thanks