How do I assign an existing drive in the array to be the parity drive?

Hey guys! Quick question for you. So after days of waiting all my data is finally on my Unraid server and I now have 1 drive that is empty on the array. How do I go about making that the parity drive? Is it as simple as just stopping array and assigning that drive to the parity? Because when I do that the drive shows up as missing in the original slot so I dont know if that will mess anything up? Or do I need to make a new configuration? If so do I leave that previous slot empty? And does that effect my user shares at all?

Tools - New Config is the way to set drive assignments and build parity using the new assignments. Just accept all current assignments and then it will let you change the ones you want before starting. Unassign the empty drive, assign it as parity drive, then start the array to begin parity build.

You can assign the disks however you want. Just be sure you don't accidentally assign a disk with data on it to the parity slot.

Things will still work if you use the server during parity build, but it can slow things down considerably since all disks are read during parity build, and the sectors and tracks of the disk used for parity will not be the same as those you are trying to access for other purposes, resulting in a lot of seeking.