6.8 Release Candidate

dgreig

Would @limetechor anyone else in the know comment on whether a 6.8 release candidate will only be released once the SQLite issue is resolved?

im eagerly awaiting 6.8 for the performance issue resolution now confirmed for this version. The SQLite issue has luckily never impacted me. It sounds like a nightmare issue though!

38 minutes ago, limetech said:

Give me a link to that plz.

I assume they are talking about AMD's BIOS issues in AMD GPU's that don't fully reset when passed through to a VM that shuts down / reboots. Underlying unraid needs to be rebooted to cycle the GPU. This has been around for a while, and I think was deemed an AMD issue.

Edited by cybrnook

This is the patch I added:

diff --git a/drivers/pci/quirks.c b/drivers/pci/quirks.c
index 10684b17d0bd..6ee986b44655 100644
--- a/drivers/pci/quirks.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/quirks.c
@@ -3433,6 +3433,14 @@ DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATHEROS, 0x0033, quirk_no_bus_reset);
  */
 DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER(PCI_VENDOR_ID_CAVIUM, 0xa100, quirk_no_bus_reset);

+/*
+ * Radeon RX Vega and Navi devices break on bus reset. Oi...
+ * This is *not a real workaround* - disabling bus reset
+ * for your GPU may have unintended consequences.
+ */
+DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATI, 0x687f, quirk_no_bus_reset);
+DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER(PCI_VENDOR_ID_ATI, 0xaaf8, quirk_no_bus_reset);
+
 static void quirk_no_pm_reset(struct pci_dev *dev)
 {
        /*

• Like 1

great stuff !!!

Looking forward to the final version.  Cant test the rc's as have multiple zfs pools running and zfs plugin need to first support the next release before i can move ahead.

But again great to hear you guys are on the top of it as always. Moving into the unraid world has been an extremely satisfying and landscape transforming experience for me. 

Edited by glennv
2 hours ago, limetech said:

correct

Thanks to @limetech and @johnnie.black for weighing in. Very much looking forward to the RC's when soon™ arrives. Hopefully it also fixes the SQLite corruption for the portion of the community it affects as well who have been/are affected by the performance issues documented thoroughly elsewhere were delighted to hear that 6.8 solves that particular issue.

we all await it's release to give it a thorough going over!