Default docker permissions should be....?

Dear all, I hope you can help me first with a simple question, then assuming the answer is as I expect, an idea of where to begin to resolve.

Are the default docker permissions (i.e. appdata folder) meant to be root.root or nobody.users?

Mine seem to now be defaulting to root.root and this means the docker doesn't start, in fact it doesn't even create the docker config properly.  So I chown them into submission, but still when the docker starts and it needs to create other things in there - same problem and this is a challenge.

However, one app is complaining about a folder that IS set to nobody.users so I'm left wondering if my assumption is wrong.

I've also wondered if it's the docker template i.e. can a template be set with wrong permissions by the creator?  I'm about to check another one to see if they're all being created this way or just one.

Thankyou for any help.

Marshalleq

Edited by Marshalleq

Thanks all, yes I've deleted a few times.  It comes back root.root.  I've just tested a few times with a) a previously uninstalled app that has UID and GID set in the docker template.  That came out as nobody.users.  I then tested with another one I've never installed that does not have UID and GID set in the template, that also came with nobody.users installed.  Then I tested with this latest app (Tdarr) from scratch (deleted folder) and that installed root.root.  I'll try delete image too now just to be sure, but I think I tried this before.  If someone wants to be super helpful and install Tdarr and tell me what permissions it comes up with that should confirm it's either an app template issue or it's an issue specific to me.

Many thanks for the quick responses all.

Marshalleq